Deleted

Warlords of Draenor tie-in novel "War Crimes"

Official release date is set as June 3, 2014 (Source).
    Could be looking at a September release date for WOD after all, judging by the previous tie in books (Tides of War, The Shattering) being released 1-2 months prior to their expansion releases.
    Last edited by mmoc0e7c7b2dda; 2013-11-18 at 03:49 PM.

Cool.

Hopefully they will keep to their word and release the expansion earlier than anticipated. You can't really compare ToW/MoP with this novel and WoD, mostly because MoP didn't have an expansion event, so the release dates will have to look differently, hopefully for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Cool.

Hopefully they will keep to their word and release the expansion earlier than anticipated. You can't really compare ToW/MoP with this novel and WoD, mostly because MoP didn't have an expansion event, so the release dates will have to look differently, hopefully for the better.
    ...the bombing of Theramore wasn't an expansion event!?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well no wonder it was so easy for Garrosh to escape into the past if the Bronze Dragonflight are taking everyone around the timeline as part of the trial.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

On A side note, this pairs well with my theory that they will release WoD late on a fiscal quarter end to maximize subs for that quarter report.

This would mean either last week of June or September. I'm believing more June than sept, as that's almost a year if sept, and blizz said they're not wanting to do that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    On A side note, this pairs well with my theory that they will release WoD late on a fiscal quarter end to maximize subs for that quarter report.

This would mean either last week of June or September. I'm believing more June than sept, as that's almost a year if sept, and blizz said they're not wanting to do that again.
    I'm guessing June as well at this point. We know it won't be later than that just because subs will crater hard. And Blizz doesn't want to have to announce something like "1.6 million subscribers lost, new expansion coming next Quarter."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well no wonder it was so easy for Garrosh to escape into the past if the Bronze Dragonflight are taking everyone around the timeline as part of the trial.
    Yeah, the perfect cover for Garrosh's friend to smuggle him out.
    Interested to see where the book will end since according the the panels at Blizzcon Garrosh escapes before the trial has ended and Garrosh has faced whatever punishment is decided for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...the bombing of Theramore wasn't an expansion event!?
    It wasn't an expansion event in the vein of the other expansion events, which were typically accessed in the open world with large player participation

The MoP "Expansion Event" was just an unrolling of the least interesting scenario that they made and a free toy

Nice, looking forward to this book.

The Shattering release date was, what, October 10, 2010?
    Cataclysm release date was...December 7, 2010?
    2 month difference.

However...
    Night of the Dragon was released on November 18, 2008, 5 days after WotLK..

However...
    People are right in saying they want to probably get this expansion out sooner than expected.

Via projections, we can guestimate, as mvallas said, a June-September release. But, with their statements, we may actually see an early Q2 release. If it's Q1, I'd b e very surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmSpark View Post
    Yeah, the perfect cover for Garrosh's friend to smuggle him out.
    Interested to see where the book will end since according the the panels at Blizzcon Garrosh escapes before the trial has ended and Garrosh has faced whatever punishment is decided for him.
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bronze Dragon responsible for the time traveling in the Trial is actually Kairoz himself. He sends everyone else to a different time location (like, y'know, home), and sends Garrosh and himself back to Draenor.

Deleted
    That would still be a year from SoO to 6.0. That's an increase in wait time from DS to MoP. I'm hoping for a May to August release.

A courtroom drama in Azeroth sounds very neat. Would Taran Zhu be the judge presiding over the case?

Late June, like June 24th, release for WoD is interesting, if based on this book early June. The 4th of July would be during the second week of the expansion. If there is no raiding unlocked until the third week, then the holiday wouldn't mess up the raiding race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    That would still be a year from SoO to 6.0. That's an increase in wait time from DS to MoP. I'm hoping for a May to August release.
    June 3rd release for the book and mid-late July release would be an 11 month wait for the expansion, DS -> MoP was a 10 month wait.
    As much as I want a Q1 release for WOD I can't see it happening after this announcement and the trend for tie-in books and expansion release dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if the Bronze Dragon responsible for the time traveling in the Trial is actually Kairoz himself. He sends everyone else to a different time location (like, y'know, home), and sends Garrosh and himself back to Draenor.
    Seems plausible, I think it's widely accepted that Kairoz will be the guy who ends up going back with Garrosh.
    Last edited by mmoc0e7c7b2dda; 2013-11-18 at 03:45 PM.

Ah fel yeah! I was hoping for book announcements. And from my favorite WoW author too!

Looking forward to this a lot. Will definitely buy it!