Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fractured! - November 26th patch (3 new Fractals and more)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ember-26-2013/

November 26, 2013

Delve Into the Fractals of the Mists
    Explore great moments from Tyria’s past and test your battle skills in this never-ending chain of dungeons that become more and more challenging the farther you go! Begin your battle through time and space in this infinitely challenging series of dungeons!

Events

PROMISES KEPT
    Ellen Kiel, who recently earned a seat on the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch after a cutthroat campaign, has made good on her promises to her supporters! By sponsoring research in the Fractals of the Mists, Kiel has opened up a momentous event from Tyria’s recent history, the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, for exploration!

INSIDE THE REACTOR
    Head through the Fractals asura gate near Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch (right next to the
    Consortium Gift Shop) to meet up with Kiel for a special story instance of the new Thaumanova Reactor Fractal. Experience the explosion of the reactor first-hand and discover its mysteries!

THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES
    The Tower of Nightmares is heading towards its collapse, but the fight isn’t over yet! Join in the fight against the vile Toxic Alliance and destroy the foul structure. Bring it to ruin before its evil spreads any further! Learn more.

DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – NOVEMBER 27
    Take an inside look at the Fractured release with ArenaNet devs during a livestream on our Twitch channel on Wednesday, November 27, at 12PM PST.

Features

Three New Fractals
    In addition to illuminating the strange circumstances of the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, you can experience two more historical events thanks to further Fractals research. Relive the daring raids on the Molten Alliance facilities with the Molten Furnace Fractal! Infiltrate the Aetherblade’s old base of villainy with the treacherous Aetherblade Fractal!

Two New Boss Fractals
    The Jade Maw of the Solid Ocean Fractal is no longer the only challenge awaiting you when you make it to the end of each set of three fractals! Special boss encounters with the Aetherblade captain Mai Trin and the two Molten Alliance champions from the Molten Facility have been added to the rotation.

Agony Resist Updates
    We’re reworking the way Agony Resistance works on items. You’ll now be able to collect drops that grant you Agony Resistance and combine them to continually increase your level of Agony Resistence.

Announcing Fractals of the Mists Leaderboards
    Soon you can earn the envy and adulation of your friends and total strangers through our new leaderboards, which show off the players with the highest fractal levels! As part of the introduction of leaderboards, everyone whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.

Fractal Progression Changes
    The difficulty curve in fractals levels one through 30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 have new, special challenges. Every fractal you enter above fractal level 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level, or change the way you and your teammates play within it.

Obsidian Sanctum Update
    The Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle, the Obsidian Sanctum, is receiving some changes! Along with being able to enter the jumping puzzle from inside your world’s keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds, you’ll now be able to enter the map directly through the WvW menu. Along with that, we’ve added a new arena space to the Obsidian Sanctum where opposing groups of players can meet up for combat. The Borderlands Bloodlust buff will no longer apply in the Obsidian Sanctum.

New Rewards

Fractal Reward Updates
    The Fractals of the Mists are becoming more rewarding! As a daily fractal reward, you’ll not only be earning Empyreal Fragments, Fractal Relics, and Pristine Fractal Relics at all levels, you’ll also earn a gold or more!

Fractal Tonic
    A new, infinite tonic with the ability to transform you into any number of friends and foes from within the Mists, the Fractal Tonic is a rare reward found within the Fractals of the Mists.

New Runes and SigilsThose braving the dangers of the most difficult fractals will find that their bravery is well-rewarded by a chance at brand-new sigils and runes to adorn their gear!

PRE-PATCH NOTES: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/u...-of-the-mists/
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-11-19 at 03:27 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Aaaaaaw yeah. Can't wait for new fractal stuff.

Okay this is actually pretty awesome.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really happy about the fractals things

That preview video was damn fantastic. So beautiful and the music was phenomenal.

Just gorgeous art direction at Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's this one part of me that's all like "Rawr Bring It ArenaNet Rawr!!" and another part of me that's secretly terrified thinking of Mai Trin....with agony.
    Valar morghulis

I did not get to do the sky pirate dungeon when it was live. It pleases me Anet are folding the past mini dungeons into fractals. I feel like they should do that all the time for these event "dungeons", scenarios or whatever Anet call them.

Deleted
    I sure am glad that they won't be removing the tower and let us do some more achievements related to that

Also really glad that they're bringing the dungeons back. And also we're also getting the dungeon for which we voted, hope it's good.

that trailer was better suited when fractals first came out. I'm skeptical on these "updated" rewards because new champion loot worked out so well... not.

However I do like they are adding difficulty into 30+ fractals that are not just simply "more adds that do more damage"

And also we're also getting the dungeon for which we voted, hope it's good.
    I didn't vote for that bitch.

Anyway I'm calling it now, the fractal is about how the inquest blew it up and then we fight steam creatures because of the purple clouds.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

As part of the introduction of leaderboards, everyone whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.
    That's a big Fuck YOU! to people like me who worked their asses off in getting to 48 (and higher)...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    That's a big Fuck YOU! to people like me who worked their asses off in getting to 48 (and higher)...
    Reward level, not actual fractal level. Though its still a middle finger but with "new rewards" it is probably justified as long as the rewards are good so people don't get a high jump on these rewards.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really want to start the race to the top of the Leaderboards 50 levels ahead of everyone because you completed it on easy mode, Mel? Do you? Do you really?
    Valar morghulis

Awesome trailer. Brings back some memories.

Dreaded Swamplands the most. Lost count of the number of times Mossman wiped our group when fractals first came out. Of course getting to him was no less of a challenge , especially if you didn't have a mesmer.

New Fractals eh? Too bad I'll run them and get dredge, colossus and uncategorized every time. Need an option to just get the 3 new ones for the first 2 weeks or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about that new rune yet but the sigil looks very interesting. Swap in a weapon to stack toughness on mobs for the boss kill, eh?
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Reward level, not actual fractal level. Though its still a middle finger but with "new rewards" it is probably justified as long as the rewards are good so people don't get a high jump on these rewards.
    Personal reward level is the same as level you have unlocked, in other words it won't be possible for me (and everyone else) to enter anything above 30, enter the mists and you'll notice a message "trying to enter level X, your personal reward level is Y".
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Do you really want to start the race to the top of the Leaderboards 50 levels ahead of everyone because you completed it on easy mode, Mel? Do you? Do you really?
    Who do you think is "my competition", Jonny who has reached fotm 26 and is now close to fotm 30 and will grind it out or Bob who has been on 60+ for months now?

If they wanted to level the playing field I don't get why they have to reset it 18levels below the current hardcap instead of just resetting everyone above the hardcap to the hardcap.

I highly doubt the increased difficulty in 30+ will be all that phenomenal. If they fear that people like me will step into 48+ and clear it it's weird to force me to do the same thing 18 levels below that.
    "So you can multiply 326*149 out of your head, now go and multiply 32*14."
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mel, you were always mewling about how the levels didn't mean anything after 20 remember? That no new mechanics had been added? I'm sure I can go back and find those posts of yours. Why should you get credit for completing something that hasn't even been launched yet?

I think they should give something to those that completed the old fractals above 30 but to expect to hold your place for new ones is silly.
    Valar morghulis

If they wanted to level the playing field I don't get why they have to reset it 18levels below the current hardcap instead of just resetting everyone above the hardcap to the hardcap.
    because it's a much longer grind, rinse and repeat. From what it looks like, Fractals will become much more diverse with the instabilities than before, so a new kind of challenge for every new fractal level. Sounds a bit like the gambit system to me.

Seems they finally found some hard earth to plant their feet in for their trailers. The past ones were never that interesting IMO, but this one was great. I hope they do all the future ones like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I did not get to do the sky pirate dungeon when it was live. It pleases me Anet are folding the past mini dungeons into fractals. I feel like they should do that all the time for these event "dungeons", scenarios or whatever Anet call them.
    Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat were both full on dungeons, not like a lot of the mini-type dungeons that are part of the Living Story content. I'm curious what parts of them they will cut for Fractals, they can't put the whole thing in, you'd be in there all night!

(I'm really really hoping they keep the room with the criss-crossing fire storms and fix the stacking in the corner cheese from Molten Facility)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-11-19 at 05:18 PM.
    Valar morghulis