Poll: What is your favourite raid mechanic of all time?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    You must have HATED Thaddius then
    Not really (if i skip lags and that it was not playable before midnight), it was still you who had to decide where to run with debuff and it was just you who died if you were on bad group (unless there were more ppl who screw it at same group).

I know a lot of these old fights i remember better than they really were, but i cannot help it. Even now there are some cool mechanics, but a lot of them are diminished because you can just deal with them with CDs and aoe spam (both heal and dps).

I do like "find your debuff buddy" mechanics like Paragons. They're only infuriating when others (or yourself :3) aren't comfortable with which one goes where.

I love interesting healing checks, like burn phases with intensive heals. I like balancing DPS when some % is reflected back like Council in ToT. That was interesting.

Deleted
    A quick top 3 becuase I cant decied
    The ice Tomb phase against Sindragosa. Not only did you need to stand behind them towards a certain obejct(like Sath from Naxx) but you also had to kill them at fast enough for the player inside not to die, and slow enough so you could dodge all the ice bombs.
    The saronite things against General Vezax in Ulduar. This was mainly because I was a healer during that fight, and the fact that you had to balance how much mana you needed against how much damage you were gonna take.
    Defile because god damnit we wiped a lot to that shit... properly the spell I have been most afraid of to date.

My favorite mechanics are the unique one like kj in sunwell. Using the dragons was hella cool.

Deleted
    Triforce on Ragna HC was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Don't like stack. Can't see shit in the crowd and have no idea where my character is specifically. It's also hard to concentrate on the rotation when I can't see what my character is doing. It's even worse in 25 men.

I'm pretty much indiferent to all other mechanics. Just as long as it's not something retarded like the dance at Heigan The Unclean where you don't even know where you're supposed to move. After all these years I still have no fucking clue where to stand on that.
    Wut? Heigan's dance was totally predictable. It went 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4 etc.

You're missing:
    - Attenuation (Imperial Vizier Zor'lok)
    - Dark Animus phase 1 adds
    - Dances (Ragnaros, Lei Shen, Lich King)

I don't feel like making a huge list but this thread doesn't work well with a poll like other people have said.

The fire on the ground during hardmode Mimiron is my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel bite....specially when I got the first bite of the pull.... Ooooo the fun of nuking and bitting others :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Lich King - Defile and DPSing down the three Valkyries to 50% to prevent raid members dying were two of the most unforgiving mechanics that spring to mind.

One mistake by one person would very quickly wipe the raid on defile, and killing/stunning the Valks took a lot of co-ordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    The fuck are these options?

They're all extremely generic and none are what makes an encounter interesting.
    Yeah, I came in here remembering how much I enjoyed Leo the Blind and we get those as options... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Class calls on Nefarian.

Those sweet Hunter and Rogue tears!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    Class calls on Nefarian.
    while i hated to carry another bow or two for this fight, it was still amazing

i also really loved the dual phase thingy on Halion (ruby sanctum)
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I'm pretty much indiferent to all other mechanics. Just as long as it's not something retarded like the dance at Heigan The Unclean where you don't even know where you're supposed to move. After all these years I still have no fucking clue where to stand on that.
    It's pretty easy. It comes out of the same cracks every time. If you haven't figured it out, you aren't paying attention. The pattern is as simple as simple gets.

OT : The entirety of the Hodir fight. I enjoyed every mechanic.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-11-20 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    Mage tanking!

Heigan Dance gets my vote

Fading Light , Ultraxion. Could never grasp my head around how so many people failed that.

Defile was really nice

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone fucking up with the tears on archimonde..oh those times "im dead,sorry lagged" "ok guys,go die in a fire,fast release and here we go again.."
    Cores on vashj and trying to teach someone new on shade of aran not to move when the fire comes was another "fun" time
    Last edited by Myrwyss; 2013-11-20 at 01:21 PM.