Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Finally got some spare time to actually use the sliders/scrollframes concept to put up a layout. Very very basic atm and most of the things need to be redone.

full health/power

health/power lost
    Really like the concept.
    Any chance of you sharing the code for me to play with?

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Really like the concept.
    Any chance of you sharing the code for me to play with?
    Well, it's really a mess and i don't have anything good to share. If you want to experiment search for "holy grail" on this forum, you should find the zorker thread with the explanations behind and a test addon.

EDIT: i thought that "replenishing" strings are really cool, the let down is them changing that much, especially because it's not hp% but current hp. So i'll be testing with static strings like "HEALTH", "MANA" and such.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    The thread because Coldkil is being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    How do you get your screenshots to look so...crisp and awesome?
    Your ui is also making me want to go back to non-pixel ><

Deleted
    ElvUI AddonSkins.
    Couldn't find out how to make that work =/

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Couldn't find out how to make that work =/
    You install it like a normal addon into the addons folder, then (after a client restart) open your bigwigs config, and there should be a drop down menu under the bar config, with different "styles" should have an "Elv UI" option click it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You install it like a normal addon into the addons folder, then (after a client restart) open your bigwigs config, and there should be a drop down menu under the bar config, with different "styles" should have an "Elv UI" option click it.
    It doesn't, I have to use ElvUI for it to work and that messes up everything =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    How do you get your screenshots to look so...crisp and awesome?
    Your ui is also making me want to go back to non-pixel ><
    When you press printscreen, it functions just as a windows print screen would, in that it'll copy a raw image file to your clipboard. I just paste that into paint, save as PNG and upload that. Also, I used to use pixel fonts back in Cataclysm and the start of Mists but went back to a sans serif font once I found the one I'm using. It's just gorgeous. I've tried using pixel fonts in my UIs since then but I keep going back to the sans serif ones. I enjoy looking at some pixel font UIs because they look really awesome and there is some really cool designs floating around that revolve around pixel fonts, I just personally don't feel like they are functional for me anymore somehow. I guess I "grew" out of them? Maybe the font is magic?

It doesn't, I have to use ElvUI for it to work and that messes up everything =/
    Well I'm skinning it using ElvUI_AddonSkins, which is a plugin for ElvUI so there is no way to do it without using ElvUI, as far as I'm aware. You could probably extract the code for that style and make it into your own addon. I know that Quse made his own addon for skinning boss mods that I used to use before I used Elv. You could take a look at that and try doing something similar with the Elv skin.
    Last edited by frantik; 2013-11-19 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Well I'm skinning it using ElvUI_AddonSkins, which is a plugin for ElvUI so there is no way to do it without using ElvUI, as far as I'm aware. You could probably extract the code for that style and make it into your own addon. I know that Quse made his own addon for skinning boss mods that I used to use before I used Elv. You could take a look at that and try doing something similar with the Elv skin.
    Okay, thanks.

Okay, thanks.
    I'm thinking about adding the skin directly into BigWigs so you don't need ElvUI or the skin pack, we'll see how it goes next time I'm looking for something to do
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Deleted
    Also, I used to use pixel fonts back in Cataclysm and the start of Mists but went back to a sans serif font once I found the one I'm using. It's just gorgeous. I've tried using pixel fonts in my UIs since then but I keep going back to the sans serif ones. I enjoy looking at some pixel font UIs because they look really awesome and there is some really cool designs floating around that revolve around pixel fonts, I just personally don't feel like they are functional for me anymore somehow. I guess I "grew" out of them? Maybe the font is magic?
    I recently decided to stop using pixel fonts, because I want to try making UIs that fit in better with the game world. I've never liked LUI on account of that it looks like a spaceship cockpit, and I've realized that the currently in-vogue UI style (pixel fonts, single-pixel black borders, flat textures, transparent backgrounds) really kind of does the same thing wrong. Unfortunately for me it turns out that actually being creative is harder than figuring out how to set border widths, and so I don't have anything that actually looks good yet (http://i.imgur.com/xkpsrov.png), but I think I have the right idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    I'm thinking about adding the skin directly into BigWigs so you don't need ElvUI or the skin pack, we'll see how it goes next time I'm looking for something to do
    Yes please!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post

I think the Warrior one is the best one; if I were to remake it today I would move the aura frames and target text to where they are in the Shadow one, but otherwise it's pretty much optimal (for dungeon tanking, that is). Also, I don't actually think the last one is very good, myself, but it is the most viewed post on the blog, so I guess others like it.
    I remember finding your blog awhile ago somehow. Really nice UIs, particularly the Priest. It's so clean.

10+ Year Old Account

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    Goodness me you need to release this ASAP. That is beautiful.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    No, it's vuhdo.

- - - Updated - - -

Re; Kreff: I will do soon, just so busy lately. I'm tweaking it a bit also, so looks a little different to the one quoted.
    Just want to add myself to the list of people saying that it looks awesome : P
    Hope you'll be able to share it with the rest of us interface-impaired paesants!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Now that I'm allowed to post links, here are some of the better old UIs from my blog:

-snip-

I think the Warrior one is the best one; if I were to remake it today I would move the aura frames and target text to where they are in the Shadow one, but otherwise it's pretty much optimal (for dungeon tanking, that is). Also, I don't actually think the last one is very good, myself, but it is the most viewed post on the blog, so I guess others like it.
    These are all extremely cool, I'm a fan of minimalism, especially with pixel fonts and these are just super awesome. Makes me kinda sad that you only post the addons you used and not the actual UI because sometimes recreating a work of art is near impossible! Really good work

- - - Updated - - -

[/URL]

Looks awesome actually. Really like it.
    [/CENTER]

LF C&C again.

Druid UI

Also, I used to use pixel fonts back in Cataclysm and the start of Mists but went back to a sans serif font once I found the one I'm using. It's just gorgeous. I've tried using pixel fonts in my UIs since then but I keep going back to the sans serif ones.
    This. I was addicted to pixel fonts in so many of my UI projects, but I've found some REALLY clean sans serif fonts and such and it just feels better. With all the Weak Auras and random stuff I need to track with Heroic Raiding, I found pixel fonts less ideal for me to use on my UI's. I still appreciate great design, though. Just not for me at this point.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Not quite done yet but it's getting somewhere...
    Comments are more than welcome (make sure to check some dungeon action around 1 minute into the vid)!!

I really like it! 2 questions though:
    1. What happens when/if you do 25 mands raids? Raid finder for instance.
    2. Im a right, when I say you dont have any unitframes? If you do, where are they located?

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Evrenus View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I really like it! 2 questions though:
    1. What happens when/if you do 25 mands raids? Raid finder for instance.
    2. Im a right, when I say you dont have any unitframes? If you do, where are they located?

Much appreciated.
    Hey there!!

1. Basically I have two different vuhdo layouts. First is for solo to 10man and the second one is for 11 to 25. The correct layout is loaded automatically based on the number of people you're grouped with.
    The downside is I sometimes have to move the weakauras bar... but at least I designed it so that 15 people (in the second layout) takes the exact same space as 10 (in the first layout) so I don't have to move the cooldowns frame around when I get into a 15man BG...
    EDIT - found a screenshot of 20man Flex

2. They're not your everyday unitframes in that they only display very little information, can't be clicked and are displayed through weak-auras but technically I do :
    - The player unitframe is reduced to the mana bar
    - The target unitframe is the text you can see top left of the vudho frames. It displays the name of your target as well as its % of remaining health in case its below 100% (big up to Touchy who's wa string I stole - from his tank UI - for the colored health display).
    Its very minimal but in the end I don't think you need anything else as a PVE healer.
    Might add proper boss frames at some point if I'm not happy with DBM's... in the spirit of what I had done previously

Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2013-11-20 at 06:31 AM.