Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I'm not even gonna bother saying anything, it's not needed.. chris crocker 2.0.
    Really? I don't think I'm screaming and crying like an obvious lunatic fanboy. I'm simply stating how incredibly ignorant people are about her; only judging her by her looks and/or their preconceived notions about pop music. We get it, being a gaming forum, we're going to have virgins hipsters who think death metal is the one and only genre of music that isn't "commercially produced mainstream shit".

I just can't stand ignorance when it comes to a successful woman who actually has incredible vocal talent (I hope saying that doesn't set off your guys' 'fanboyy!!!111!!!!11' radars).
    Last edited by Ladey Gags; 2013-11-19 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    We get it, being a gaming forum, we're going to have virgins hipsters who think death metal is the one and only genre of music that isn't "commercially produced mainstream shit".
    Leave metal out of this, please. This thread was started by a rap fan. That's an incredibly judgmental attitude. I play games. Yes, I like death metal... but I also listen to folk music, synth-pop, rap, and actually have a playlist of songs from boy bands. Just because someone disagrees with you or thinks you're a certain way doesn't mean you should go off and think of anyone else in a bad way yourself. That's now Lady Gaga expects her fans to treat people, as far as I understand.

Massive layoffs at her label? Oh, good, maybe that will mean she'll get a new, not-shitty label.

Seriously, sales aren't everything. They shouldn't be the sole measure of success when it comes to music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Leave metal out of this, please. This thread was started by a rap fan. That's an incredibly judgmental attitude. I play games. Yes, I like death metal... but I also listen to folk music, synth-pop, rap, and actually have a playlist of songs from boy bands. Just because someone disagrees with you or thinks you're a certain way doesn't mean you should go off and think of anyone else in a bad way yourself. That's now Lady Gaga expects her fans to treat people, as far as I understand.
    It was merely an example directed towards the people who have total hatred for her simply because she's a pop artist. I know not all death metal fans are like that, so I'm sorry you were offended. And yes, I know, I also listen to a wide variety of music. Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake is one of my favorite pieces of music ever written. A lot of people would find it shocking that someone can enjoy mainstream music along with the classical masterpieces. Little irks me more than people who think their favorite genre of music is the only acceptable kind.

Also, I know people will disagree with my on many things. I have nothing against that, including them disliking Lady Gaga. In fact, I read an extremely negative ARTPOP review about a week ago, and the writer left a note saying that she had to disable the comments because she was receiving death, rape, and torture threats from overzealous Gaga fans. I personally felt the need to contact her and express my deepest apologies for those mentally ill people. Yes, some Gaga fans can act exactly the way that the Mother Monster herself fights against.

All I was doing was just addressing the blind hatred that people have for someone because she's somewhat "different" and/or makes music that they don't particularly enjoy.

I still like the fact that people mention "Real Artists" and half the people they name if not more don't even write their own material. I don't care if you have a great voice, if you can't write your own material then you aren't an artist you are just another instrument.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fad is dead? And no-one with half a brain is surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    I still like the fact that people mention "Real Artists" and half the people they name if not more don't even write their own material. I don't care if you have a great voice, if you can't write your own material then you aren't an artist you are just another instrument.
    Shockingly, she also writes her own material.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    people still buy music?
    People still listen to pop music? No wonder humanity is full of retards if they listen to that bubble gum dreg.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-11-20 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Ppeople still listen to pop music? No wonder humanity is full of retards if they listen to that bubble gum dreg.
    Pop music bashing is so 00's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Massive layoffs at her label? Oh, good, maybe that will mean she'll get a new, not-shitty label.

Seriously, sales aren't everything. They shouldn't be the sole measure of success when it comes to music.
    Music these days exists to make money, not be an art form which is saddening. There is no one who tries to be unique musically anymore, rock is generic and pop is riddled with auto tuning and no talent hacks who can't write or sing.

15+ Year Old Account
    She just made 181 million off her last tour.

Yeah, shes totally done for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No wonder humanity is full of retards if they listen to that bubble gum dreg.
    Thats actually Katy Perry's music youre talking about.

OP aren't you the guy who suggested Lil'Wayne should perform at Blizzcon?
    I'm not a fan of gaga but anyone that listens to LW can't say anything about any other artist...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Eminem crushed Gaga:

Eminem first week sales: 797,000
    Lady Gaga first week sales: 250,000

Gaga beat Eminem only in his second week sales, in which most artists drop off 75%+, which means next week Gaga will be lucky to sell 75,000 next week, while Em will still be outselling her. She even got owned by Miley (270,000 first week).

How do you go from selling 1.1 million copies of your last album two years ago to only selling 250,000 two years later? I wouldn't be suprised if she bought tons of copies of Born This Way to inflate sales figures. /boggle

Even Jay-Z's last album this year sold 520,000 the first week.

The most interesting stat I heard is " The Marshall Mathers LP 2 was streamed 10 million times on Spotify in its debut week", now that is some numbers.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm definitely not a fan, but I've also never really understood people who go out the way to wish bad on people and celebrate their failures, even celebrities. Is the music bad? In my opinion yes, but I take care of that by just not listening to it.

Then again I'm learning to accept that I'm becoming old and irrelevant. The only people I have even heard of from the OP was Gaga and Eminem. On top of that I thought Eminem stopped making music years ago, and for years I thought Gaga was an actress.

Go ahead, you can laugh, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    260,000 first week sales, not bad.
    Yeah, that's not even that bad either. But I guess they were expecting a lot more the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    I'm definitely not a fan, but I've also never really understood people who go out the way to wish bad on people and celebrate their failures, even celebrities. Is the music bad? In my opinion yes, but I take care of that by just not listening to it.

Then again I'm learning to accept that I'm becoming old and irrelevant. The only people I have even heard of from the OP was Gaga and Eminem. On top of that I thought Eminem stopped making music years ago, and for years I thought Gaga was an actress.

Go ahead, you can laugh, lol.
    I think people just like watching celebs crash and burn, destruct etc.

Seriously, music has been going down-hill since the [insert decade you reached your teens here] ended, the only people still making good music are [insert band still working from that decade] and [insert band copying previous band].

pop artists literally make 99% of their money from concerts and endorsements/merchandise. GaGa probably doesnt give a bakers fuck.

People who have everything, fight over nothing.

they are rolling in the doe from her tour nobody cares.

p.s.

I like popular music. It is fun catchy and makes car travel bearable. Just because you don't share my opinion does not mean you need to belittle the people that differ from you.
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2013-11-20 at 04:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Anyone who says she can't sing has absolutely no idea what they're talking about. I don't like the music she chooses to perform, but she is a HELL of a singer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.