Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's pop music.

in a few years it'll be "Whatever happened to Lady Gaga?" or Justin Bieber or Katy Perry.

I mean... what ever happened to Jonas Brothers?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    pop artists literally make 99% of their money from concerts and endorsements/merchandise. GaGa probably doesnt give a bakers fuck.
    I'd say that's more true for underground genres.

A pop artist gets shittons of money from album sales and what radio stations pay to be allowed to play their music, or so would I think.

And I would say since this scene/genre whatever is so sales oriented, labels/promoters are probably far more anal about sales or the lack of thereof compared to underground labels/promoters. This is just an extrapolation however as I really never have given two fucks about the pop music industry so I can be wrong.

But anyways as I said early on in the thread she totally just could go independent. She doesn't need corporate morons to do her job and she has a significant and loyal fanbase who'd support her.

10+ Year Old Account
    She has an incredible voice, I will give her that. But this persona she has created (in my opinion) has spiraled entirely out of control. I'm not a fan of pop, but she was one of the few that I thought would produce something worthwhile. Now I cannot even stand the mention of her. She comes off as so incredibly pretentious, the new album is terrible (again, my opinion, obviously there are plenty who disagree with me).

She is simply a pop star trying to be something grander. She's no David Bowie, or even Madonna. The act is getting tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    I'd say that's more true for underground genres.
    Bands and musicians make far more from concerts and merchandise than they do album sales, the vast majority of the money from album sales goes to the record labels, regardless of whether you're underground to the extreme or a mega-famous pop star. Not that it matters, I'm pretty sure this thread was just started to give Chingy another excuse to get on Eminem's dick, since he apparently didn't get enough of that in the thread where he proclaimed the new Eminem the "Best album of any genre of music so far this year. It's getting near perfect reviews from pretty much everywhere and it's predicted to outsell Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's album 2:1. Hiphop won."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see her as much of anything other than a sideshow act.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

She used to be a freaky and succesful singer. Now she's just freaky.

And your point?
    Her career peaked in 2010 with TFM. This isn't news.
    But the fact that she still shifted 260k copies, merely 10k below Miley and 20k below Katy, is still impressive. Seeing as the two latter are currently experiencing the peaks of their careers now.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2013-11-20 at 05:25 PM.

Your point is she didn't go platinum in the first week?

Your grasping at straws here...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Your point is she didn't go platinum in the first week?

Your grasping at straws here...
    She's still managed to get numerous worldwide #1's with ARTPOP so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    She's still managed to get numerous worldwide #1's with ARTPOP so it's all good.
    That's the point he is missing, sales mean nothing. Most people nowadays don't even buy full albums. Secondly comparing Pop sales to rap artist (who don't even right their own lyrics) sales means even less.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Why is this even surprising. All singers these days are 3 hit wonders. They have 3 songs that everyone knows and likes and nothing else, and sink into annonimity soon. It happend before and will happen again.

Gaga: Poker Face, Telephone.
    That's it, the 3 hit wonder is done. Or 2 hit wonder, it seems.
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-11-20 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    All The Single Ladies
    That was Beyoncé.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's the point he is missing, sales mean nothing. Most people nowadays don't even buy full albums. Secondly comparing Pop sales to rap artist (who don't even right their own lyrics) sales means even less.
    Indeedy. Kinda silly. But ignorance is bliss, eh?
    He was also behind this thread, so it pretty much speaks volumes: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...re-then-double

That was Beyoncé.
    My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    My bad.
    I'm sure you meant Bad Romance. She peaked with Bad Romance/Telephone.

Born This Way was hardly a flop, though. I'd probably also add that to a list of hits. But that makes 4. Boom, just broke your 3 hit wonder theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Seriously, music has been going down-hill since the [insert decade you reached your teens here] ended, the only people still making good music are [insert band still working from that decade] and [insert band copying previous band].
    Heh. I may have to make this my signature. Way too funny and completely true

The best song on Artpop is the one with R. Kelly. He had the best verse on the whole album. I really hope he recorded a solo version of the song.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-11-20 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    The best song on Artpop is the one with R. Kelly. He had the best verse on the whole album. I really hope he recorded a solo version of the song.
    Sounds like you just dislike Gaga and are putting her down with extreme prejudice as a result.

Also kinda relevant.
    She's never given much of a damn about her own sales or charting position. The fact that ARTPOP has 0 filler tracks is an achievement in its own.
    Kind of hard to tell the difference between any of the tracks on the album, to be honest. So I wouldn't really know if one was filler or not. They all have pretty much the same sound with the exception of Dope - which seems to be full of meaning and emotion but sung by Gaga just falls flat and hollow. (Same with Gypsy. Like she intended for it to be an expression of her soul, but when I listen to it I don't FEEL what she felt. It just seems like she picked Gypsy out of a hat and wrote a song about it.)

I mean don't get me wrong, I own both albums and have songs I like on each... but I don't know that either one of them are really in a position to be bashing each other. lol

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Kind of hard to tell the difference between any of the tracks on the album, to be honest. So I wouldn't really know if one was filler or not. They all have pretty much the same sound with the exception of Dope - which seems to be full of meaning and emotion but sung by Gaga just falls flat and hollow. (Same with Gypsy. Like she intended for it to be an expression of her soul, but when I listen to it I don't FEEL what she felt. It just seems like she picked Gypsy out of a hat and wrote a song about it.)

I mean don't get me wrong, I own both albums and have songs I like on each... but I don't know that either one of them are really in a position to be bashing each other. lol
    I also own both PRISM and ARTPOP and love them in their own special ways, but you have to admit, Gaga can carry emotion much better than Katy.