Transfering character from account to account?

Hi.
    I am wondering how this transfering character from 1 account to another account?
    Does the account need to stay under the same email address / account name etc?
    My mate has a character that I want to buy from him, and we do not have the same account names, emails etc everything is diffrent.
    So I am wondering if I need to change my email to match his? Or he to match mine etc.
    Also does any1 know how long it takes to do the transfer etc?

This can get you banned, and both of you may lose your accounts.

if his name is John Carter your account needs to also be named John Carter.. you don't need the same email

Why would it get us banned?

So just need to change the account name?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjelltispe View Post
    Hi.
    I am wondering how this transfering character from 1 account to another account?
    Does the account need to stay under the same email address / account name etc?
    My mate has a character that I want to buy from him, and we do not have the same account names, emails etc everything is diffrent.
    So I am wondering if I need to change my email to match his? Or he to match mine etc.
    Also does any1 know how long it takes to do the transfer etc?

That is why you could get banned. Selling toons/accounts is against the tos.

this thread will most likely be locked soon.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why would it get us banned?

So just need to change the account name?
    Because selling characters is illegal. It's in the terms of service and has been since Vanilla lol.

Good luck though.

Well it is my friend and we live like right next to eachother

Which means absolutely nothing. It wouldn't matter if it was your twin brother, your account is your account, his account is his account. Characters can not go between them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't make it ok.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Why is there an option to have character transfering from account to account then?
    Even an option from account which isnt urs

i have two ip addresses and transferred my character to another account.. i had no problems.. just don't go telling anyone about it in game.. you wont get banned.. also as far as i know just make sure the name on the accounts match up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Doesn't make it ok.
    who cares it's the same as a family member doing it.. blizzard is stupid with so many rules they have

as long as the last names on the 2 battle.net accounts are the same, you will be able to transfer characters between the 2 accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    i have two ip addresses and transferred my character to another account.. i had no problems.. just don't go telling anyone about it in game.. you wont get banned.. also as far as i know just make sure the name on the accounts match up

- - - Updated - - -

who cares it's the same as a family member doing it.. blizzard is stupid with so many rules they have
    Did you have diffrent ip addresses + diffrent accounts?
    Did you only change account name?

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I call BS. It's not that easy to change your account name. They normally only do that if you've been married or divorced or had some other reason to legally change your name and they'll require proof.

Because family members never fight and that's never caused issues before.

I'm gonna guess you and your friend are like...12 and have no understanding of terms of service.

Deleted
    Please don't discuss things that are against the terms of service here.