Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The hilarious part is that 1) I was just identifying with his problem of lag being a bitch at times, because server lag also happened. And 2) I was actually telling him he could get even more out of the Isle and did not have to abandon it.

ROFL but you're now so caught up in your war that it's turned you into an idiot. Read a post before tossing blanket insults? (never mind you completely misunderstood the post you replied to above anyway). I love how your edits are coming in also.
    I think its more sad that I assumed you were attacking people because you have been doing it the whole thread. Good job being a good person. once.

I had a good time, expressed my enjoyment and you insulted me and at the same time made yourself seem better than me. Any advice you give should be ignored since you are acting like the high school bully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    To some people it was difficult, if you'd like there is a ticket for the hate train if you'd want to jump on. I'd recommend staying another night in Happyville though.
    I fail to see how it was difficult half of the epics were from chests didn't even have to fight a mob and most rares are zerged and all you have to do is hit him a few times to get free loot...

I remember when WoW was trully difficult, think about challenge mode, wow used to be like that...

Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    I fail to see how it was difficult half of the epics were from chests didn't even have to fight a mob and most rares are zerged and all you have to do is hit him a few times to get free loot...

I remember when WoW was trully difficult, think about challenge mode, wow used to be like that...
    To you it might not be difficult, for me it was. I'm not sure what happened, I must have been transferred to a magical server where all things are 10x tougher I guess.

Seriously though, you can go back and read what I said before. I'm not going to repeat myself for the 100th time. :P

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I got full timeless set for my Hunter in 1 day... I really hope Blizzard opt out on having Thunder Isle esq content in WoD
    Congrats on getting a set of shitty gear that won't even allow your hunter to do 50% of the dps that a normal and especially heroic raider does. DS 5man dungeons dropped better loot than the random pieces of crap you have decked your hunter with.

People that think gearing now is easy because of the timeless isle need to grow a brain, because the gear more shit than any last tier of expansion dungeon gear ever was.

I had a good time, expressed my enjoyment and you insulted me and at the same time made yourself seem better than me. Why would someone do this? I have no clue, I hypothesize that its probably a lack of attention.
    LOL. You have a double edit on your OP having to re-affirm how right you are and how wrong everyone else is as if it's just sooo unthinkable that you're wrong or that others know better or disagree. And now you're like "why would anyone insult me" as if it's just sooo unthinkable that you get nothing but pats on the back.

Repeat from my first post in this thread, get over yourself.

[edit] Nice edit, by the way, come up with those better insults!

I find it pathetically easy honestly and I disagree with everything you said. I run solo, I'm a fresh 90 with no gear from heroics or dungeons at all, just quest gear, I have been playing since Vanilla, but between Cata and MoP, I logged a total of 10 months, 2 of which were in MoP.

Soloing isn't that hard. Time consuming, yes, but hard, not by a long shot. The mobs do big, obvious moves which you have to avoid. If you can do that, you're fine. I'm on a low pop server that goes to medium at night, so it's far from high pop. Rares, I wish I had the chance to fight one solo, but people will jump on them almost faster than they spawn.

There's plenty of gear to be found on the island and even a few rare kills will power you up insanely fast. Sure, I agree that it's nice to have a challenge from the mobs, but I disagree that it's a lasting thing. Once you have the gear from the isle, which takes almost no time at all, you can plow through everything there in a matter of seconds.

If WoD is as difficult as the island, I'd be thrilled for the challenge. It's supposed to be a savage and dangerous place according to Blizzard, lets see if that is actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    How did you manage to die on that island? Not sure what is "hard" about not standing in the fire
    Because it's totally impossible to lose attention for just a split second and end up in one of the one/two-shot mechanics? At intended gear levels the Ordos elites (the ones you find across the broken bridge) take a long time to kill and you're bound to mess up eventually. Either by standing in an AoE, or by pulling another mob.

I doubt there's anyone that hasn't died once while farming around the Ordos Sanctuary, if only because when other people farming near you cause all of their mobs to switch to you when they're killed. It's a pretty common sight near two of the chest. Someone makes a run for the chest, pulling a few Kilnmasters/Berserkers that were near the one you pulled. That person dies and the mobs he aggroed all charge you and kill you before you're even able to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Congrats on getting a set of shitty gear that won't even allow your hunter to do 50% of the dps that a normal and especially heroic raider does. DS 5man dungeons dropped better loot than the random pieces of crap you have decked your hunter with. People that think gearing now is easy because of the timeless isle need to grow a brain, because the gear more shit than any last tier of expansion dungeon gear ever was.
    I wish the gear had been rarer, but then not have chances to roll single stat items, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Because it's totally impossible to lose attention for just a split second and end up in one of the one/two-shot mechanics? At intended gear levels the Ordos elites (the ones you find across the broken bridge) take a long time to kill and you're bound to mess up eventually. Either by standing in an AoE, or by pulling another mob.
    Right, then there's the endurance aspect of the game, for instance, doing repeat farming. But I still disagree that it's that much harder than most content. The only difference is that those mobs - gasp - can actually kill you (even if you are decently geared), but if that is enough to qualify as "hard" in a players head...

I guess some players think it's difficult because they are conditioned on easy mobs that pose no danger.

Oh sweet lord, such innocence. You can read the rest of the posts if you want there are tons who agree with me. And I have repeated myself thousands of times so I'm not going to say it again for you.

To sum it up, I thought it was challenging and enjoyed myself, just because you didn't you don't have to insult me. Thanks!

so, basically, this is an "if you are incimpetant like me come QQ" thread?

otherwise you will be accused of slander against all the excellent players that have a hard time finding their ability buttons with their forehead.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    LOL, just read the guy's OP and his double edits, enough said.

[edit] Never mind, he edited out his double edit! Hah! Gotta get that last word in... damn I wish I had a quote of it oh well inb4 he comes in plays dumb and is like "durr what double edit??"

LOL. You have a double edit on your OP having to re-affirm how right you are and how wrong everyone else is as if it's just sooo unthinkable that you're wrong or that others know better or disagree. And now you're like "why would anyone insult me" as if it's just sooo unthinkable that you get nothing but pats on the back.

Repeat from my first post in this thread, get over yourself.

[edit] Nice edit, by the way, come up with those better insults!
    I'm so, so, so confused as to why you even wanted to attack me in the first place. But I'll let you have your victory, you win, congratulations Timeless is faceroll easy and I shouldn't have expressed my happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I wish I lived in your reality.
    if you look anything like hayley williams I will sent you a plane ticket.

otherwise you will be accused of slander against all the excellent players that have a hard time finding their ability buttons with their forehead.
    Jesus. What happened to this community? Why so much hate? God I had a good time and people are being so rude about it. Why are you so vile? ._. I'll just shrink back into the forums and never return...

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I would like to send a message to whichever Blizz coder/coder team decided to put a Berserker (the Yaung-holes that do a 500k-plus flaming charge stun) on the bridge that leads to Huolon, that seems to respawn whenever anyone in chat says "Huolon is up!"

*ahem*

@#*& you.
    I do tend to question the mechanic of a mob that you absolutely cannot get away from unless you have stealth. Had a freind drag that guy all the way to the celestials and it did not give up last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus. What happened to this community? Why so much hate? God I had a good time and people are being so rude about it. Why are you so vile? ._. I'll just shrink back into the forums and never return...
    oh. so now even the forums are too hard for you?

(just kidding)

congratulations Timeless is faceroll easy
    No, I just overgeared it. Or I don't play a warrior. Or even if I did, I didn't come back from not playing in 5.1 (5.1.0a doesn't count!). And even if I did I just "took it easy" didn't fight the "real mobs" and even if I did, I didn't fight multiples, and even if I did, I didn't battlehorn them, and even if I did, well I cheated since I'm a ranged warrior.

So I guess "my opinion is mute"

/thread.

Casual observers: Check out page 2 of this thread then scratch your head on why this guy is so upset he's being "insulted" by such a "rotten community" ... in before it's all edited out, and "what page 2??"
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-20 at 07:14 PM.

I really love Timeless Isle. I spend a LOT of time there on multiple characters, collecting gear for my alts and killing rare things and getting pets and mounts and just killing and looting while cackling madly as the pillage goes on and on. I had taken a huge break from the game, and came back about a week ago and I've been having a blast. I guess once away from the sadness of the rep grinds, I feel like I am having fun again? LFR has been fun too, not to change the subject, but I ended up doing an RaF with a buddy of mine and started leveling a new character, which is something that I haven't done in years.

Thank you, Timeless Isle.

I hope to see more content like this.

So, I just read your edits on the OP Stray.

Specifically:
    I had a good time, expressed my enjoyment and everyone just insulted me and/or bashed me for thinking it was difficult. My mistake, I won't post something I enjoy on WoW ever again. Such a toxic community.
    Way to play the victim; Theka would be proud of you. In the future, I'll know better than to respond to anything you post unless I'm patting you on the back with one hand while giving you a thumbs-up with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    So, I just read your edits on the OP Stray.

Specifically:

Way to play the victim; Theka would be proud of you. In the future, I'll know better than to respond to anything you post unless I'm patting you on the back with one hand while giving you a thumbs-up with the other.
    this. plusenoughletterstocountasapost

Mod Edit: Please post constructively, we don't allow "This" posts.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-11-20 at 09:52 PM.

I do tend to question the mechanic of a mob that you absolutely cannot get away from unless you have stealth. Had a freind drag that guy all the way to the celestials and it did not give up last night.
    In theory, the mob itself is fine, 1) you can leash the berserkers (it's possible!), and 2) the intended way you get away from the mob anyway is by killing it.

The placement of the mob (on the way to a rare spawn that everyone fights over and that dies in like 10 seconds when it spawns) is a bit more questionable, but I don't even know if Blizzard realized that people would spend all day twitchy for Huolon spawns and not caring much for anything else.

[edit] That said another point I see, is that while you can leash the mobs if you want to, they also can be kited unlimited range if you continue attacking them. That is probably more of a problem. It's there on all of the Yaungol because many of the fights (High Priest particularly) require you to kite the mob over quite a bit of space.

But the downside is people take the Molten mobs purposely into the court where people AFK and use their AoE attacks to "ninja-kill" them, which is just stupid (that is not "world is dangerous" it's just poor mechanics). So personally I'd make the mobs reset every time they were dragged near the court.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-20 at 07:21 PM.

In theory, the mob itself is fine, 1) you can leash the berserkers (it's possible!), and 2) the intended way you get away from the mob anyway is by killing it.

The placement of the mob (on the way to a rare spawn that everyone fights over and that dies in like 10 seconds when it spawns) is a bit more questionable, but I don't even know if Blizzard realized that people would spend all day twitchy for Huolon spawns and not caring much for anything else.
    I just do not agree that a mob should be able to out distance a mounted player by continually charging them until they are dead. Same goes with throwing a stun on it. When the stun wears off you get charged from half way across the zone.