Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Request to Druid forum users

Can we please stop fighting?
    It's really tiresome that half the threads in here (especially with moonkins) are devolving into people slamming each other for being bad. If you really can't add anything positive, then don't post it.

Deleted
    I can only agree to this. I think all of us that daily/weekly browse these forums knows that there is a few certain people that is constantly making toxic and rude comments. It all ends up with people not bothering to read the threads cause they all end up in really unpleasant flaming. I´ve myself had a few questions I´ve wanted to ask these forums and on some questions I´ve had feedback I wanted to share, but every time I just end up not making a thread/reply at all cause of the toxicity by some of the members here. And I dont think I´m the only one.

People are coming here to ask for help, or to help out.

Lets just all get along should we :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much agree -- infraction rates have gone through the roof over the last week or so, and my absence probably didn't help the build-up. It's not fun waking up to an inbox full of reports. ):

Also, it's always good to brush up on the forum rules if you're ever unsure on something.

I think it's mainly a handful of people with conflicting views, mainly in balance threads, that cause arguments because instead of correcting someone they just want to get one up on them and make the other guy look stupid, seems to be happening more over the past couple of weeks or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    good point, i fully support a frendly druids forums, yet i hardly ever read balance druid topic becase i know so little about it. i am all about feral or guardian
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2013-11-20 at 07:59 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    My apologies as well, I've been on vacation for the last few weeks and didn't have internet access. Just because Slippy or I didn't catch certain posts doesn't mean we condone the behavior. Going forward I'll make sure to keep on top of it. *grabs iron whip off the wall*.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    *grabs iron whip off the wall*

You kinky owl you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I only "fight" with people when they're wrong.

/shrug

Getting infracted for stating the obvious sucks though.

I have to agree, I try not to but I can get sucked into arguments.

Probably a decent thread to give somewhat of an apology/explanation for my actions sometimes. I come to these forums to spread my knowledge and gain further knowledge into other things, I tend to tell things how they are, when I give out information it's mostly fine, however if what I say is questionable in any way people tend to take things personally due to how it is worded and jump at my throat for it. There are a few people (not naming names but they know who they are) who take any chance they can get to have a go at me so when I do make a post they will try to tell me I'm wrong or pick out any inconsistencies and it escalates. Why they do it I have no idea but that's what happens.

Just know that I never go into a thread with the intention to cause/contribute to arguments as some people would have you believe, I could definitely change my attitude towards certain things but that's a problem for myself, not anyone here.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-11-19 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I very much agree -- infraction rates have gone through the roof over the last week or so, and my absence probably didn't help the build-up. It's not fun waking up to an inbox full of reports. ):

Also, it's always good to brush up on the forum rules if you're ever unsure on something.
    We missed you Slip. Even though you're bored with WoW, we'll have to play Hearthstone sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Probably a decent thread to give somewhat of an apology/explanation for my actions sometimes. I come to these forums to spread my knowledge and gain further knowledge into other things, I tend to tell things how they are, when I give out information it's mostly fine, however if what I say is questionable in any way people tend to take things personally due to how it is worded and jump at my throat for it. There are a few people (not naming names but they know who they are) who take any chance they can get to have a go at me so when I do make a post they will try to tell me I'm wrong or pick out any inconsistencies and it escalates. Why they do it I have no idea but that's what happens.

Just know that I never go into a thread with the intention to cause/contribute to arguments as some people would have you believe, I could definitely change my attitude towards certain things but that's a problem for myself, not anyone here.
    It's the internet, people like to start fights where they can if they're dissatisfied with their life. It's just tiresome to come to the druid forums and see 3 separate threads that are just a few people yelling at each other about meaningless shit, and nobody helping the person asking questions.
    We should be better than that. I don't want everyone out there thinking that all moonkins are hostile jerks. It just makes all of us look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really like to avoid this stigma:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1400854-is-every-balance-drood-an-asshat

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Getting infracted for stating the obvious sucks though.
    Sometimes it's less about what you say and more about how you say it. Being right and being an asshole are not mutually exclusive.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    I completely agree, Im sad to say im on this forum at least 2-3 times a day. And many posts about looking for help I dont even read anymore, cause I know that when it has more then 3-4 replies the flamefest has already started and nothing good can come out of it anymore. Which is a shame, cause I remember in cata this was a haven for new boomies and old ones who wanted fresh eyes on what they were doing. Tbh, I dont even dare to get my regular check up anymore, cause I know the flaming is not far away.

That cant be the intention of forums like these.

Deleted
    but ... cat durid is for fite !?!

DURIDS IS MUST ALWAYZ HALP EECH OTHER: sumtimes a new durid is need sum halp and advise frum a good durid so u shuld alway halp another.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alamo

We should hold a Moonkin group meet each month. Forming a raid of at most 40 Moonkins to commute to Moonglade and return to our roots. Oh, the bonding experience!

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    We should hold a Moonkin group meet each month. Forming a raid of at most 40 Moonkins to commute to Moonglade and return to our roots. Oh, the bonding experience!

Pretty sure this is how cyber orgies start. Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Pretty sure this is how cyber orgies start. Sign me up.
    All sorts of in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    All sorts of in.
    So...many.....feathers...