Poll: Vote-To-Kick in BGs?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Blizzard implement a vote to kick in BGs?

With the soon-to-be updated score system that Blizzard is planning to put into Battlegrounds, essentially giving players a more accurate understanding of how well they're doing in a Battleground in regards to objective compared to other players rather than just via raw damage or healing, should they also implement a form of vote-kick system, similar to what is already in LFG and LFR PvE?
    At this point, there doesn't actually seem a valid reason not to. The current system is easily exploitable by bots, as they can be made to move and attack, thus making them unable to be kicked as the AFK system works on the principle that they do not attack or actively engage whatsoever in PvP. It would also enable players within the BGs to kick purposely volatile players, giving the BG as a whole much more freedom to choose whether or not they want to play with certain players.
    Obviously there would be some restrictions in place, similar to what's already in LFG and LFR, so that pre-made groups of friends cannot gang up on someone and to ensure that the vote is done via majority rules. That being said, I don't believe a kick in this manner should cause the player to receive the Deserter debuff, to ensure that players that are kicked without merit aren't punished. I also believe that the current AFK system should remain in effect and that the duration before someone is counted as AFK should be reduced. The current AFK "timer" is set to about 5 minutes, or about 1/5 of a BG, discounting any movement or if the player is engaged in combat. I would probably reduce the time to 2 minutes or so, and give players a prompt at 1:30 to tell them of the situation.

So, do you believe that it's about time for a vote-to-kick option?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Very much so, getting rid of bots would be great but also being able to kick people who refuse to play the objectives.
    Bludcraze - Bleeding Hollow (Warrior)
    Crushlol - Bleeding Hollow (DK)
    Googlesearch - Bleeding Hollow (Hunter)

Makes sense to me.

People are pretty volatile in BG's, mind you.

I'm interested in the "No"s. Anyone care to elaborate?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    While in theory it would be pretty neat, it is still not an easy task to determine wether a person should be kicked, especially in the big maps.

Is the person really contributing nothing to the team, or has he put in an effort at defending an objective?

Is the person with 15 deaths and very little contribution just trolling around or is he just terrible at pvp/really bad gear?

Should the very toxic players be kicked or simply ignored?

Should the people camping people at graveyards, who are technically ignoring the objectives, but contributing a whole lot to the team by keeping a lot more players occupied than they are themselves?

I honestly think there should be a very basic item level requirement on the BG queue, so that solves one of the issues. Regarding making a vote kick feature, I think it should be very strict. And recommended in some sort of text to only be used on players who are blatantly ignoring responding when called out in the BG chat. Anything else should be okay in BGs. It is also a place for achievements, HK farming and fun. Everything awards honor in BGs, but if someone is purposedly ignoring communication it should be a matter of the majority to decide the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    a group of people could start kicking others for not listening to their orders. Or simply someone is not performing up to par with another persons opinion on how they should be doing. Basically idiots may abuse it but i think the benefits may outweigh the negatives

There is the potential to abuse it.
    I am not sure that some new way of scoring, some new way of ranking people is in the end going to solve anything on its own.

Players have already been simply unwilling to report bots/non-contributors as afk, so how will a new fancy scoreboard help when the old one already made those people obvious.

What is needed is a more robust fix for botting.
    And not just a scoreboard, but actually making the rewards based on the right activity.
    An extension of the "honorable defender" buff around objectives, making those the ONLY way to earn honor.
    Random ganking in the middle of nowhere should not be earning you any IMO.
    Make flags/flag carriers have a buff where honor is awarded for kills in proximity, where you get it for defending a location, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I voted no. Noone is going to care about it. I sometimes use afk alert button or w/e its called but wasting time to actually kick somebody seems pointless to me. Play hard and if its a loss - smoke break and next game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, who says the people that you want to kick will not use this vote to kick feature? It can go both ways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yea...I don't know how that would work. Most BGs would need AT LEAST 5 people to be kicked out of the 10 or 15 man BGs. Nevermind the 40 mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Problem is some people do BG's for different reasons. Some don't care about winning or objectives because they're trying to farm achieves, some are just farming HK's, some want to win for the conquest ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason i say no is simply because how it can be abused, i fear that newer players wont have a chance to gear up in pvp if they`re gonna be kicked because they`re not geared, a sort of gear requirement for bg`s

Deleted
    Isn't there already such a thing?

I know for sure that I've been kicked out of Alterac BG after pulling the Boss out of his room several times and therefor resetting his health to full. The whole raid went absolutely nuts and they managed to kick me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be kicked..but the system right now sucks.....5 or 10 reports....and you dont even get kicked instant.

Should be 1 person to report as much as it wants, but only once on one player (that player should be immune to kick for 5 min after first report).

There should be a option:
    Bot
    =)=?)?)
    Cheater
    *insert yours
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Because many people will "troll" and random kick people. Or if they don't know what you are doing. For example, in WSG, people defending will get lower score than people farming middle (I think). And what about the elitist wannabe's who play BGs all day long because they suck in any competitive pvp kicking all the low geared people?

sometimes i like to do bgs just for kills, which is perfectly fine. It doesnt say anywhere that you HAVE to follow the pvp objectives, you play to have fun..
    so people kicking for reasons like that sound silly.

Nah, it would be abused to hell.

There is a need for this, but chances are that people that is low geared or play a weaker specc will be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    There is a need for this, but chances are that people that is low geared or play a weaker specc will be kicked.
    As I said above it would be abused. Even I admit that I would use this feature if I see an idiot in greens and blues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    As I said above it would be abused. Even I admit that I would use this feature if I see an idiot in greens and blues.
    and you got top pvp set instantly after reaching 90? regular BG is nothing more than grounds to prepare/gear up for competitive pvp- all have to start with something