Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well I'm not just going to up and abandon a community I've been in for years over something this minor. But I see other alliance players on my server who seem to handle this place just fine. They seem to magically evade all conflict whatsoever. I just want to know how
    Try to group up with some friends/guildies. Gankers are generally cowards. If they get crushed once or twice they usually flee clear to the other side of the island. Of course if you're alone or there's a raid of them on the island you're pretty much soa.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ to a PvE realm when you do Timeless Isle.

When it was new I had friend on Alli-heavy server invite me to group so I could go to their isle. These days, there are still way more Horde than Alli on my isle, but they are all bad alts/newbies so they leave me alone since I have 2x their health or if they make the mistake to attack me they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Try to group up with some friends/guildies. Gankers are generally cowards. If they get crushed once or twice they usually flee clear to the other side of the island. Of course if you're alone or there's a raid of them on the island you're pretty much soa.
    Do note to beware of the multiboxers, especially 10+ man ones.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

If you want to be in any sort of decent progression guild, pvp server is mandatory.
    You need to be on a pvP server for pvE progression? I call a total BS on that, contradicts itself. When im on progression, i spend too much efforts raiding. The last thing i need - is some crap preventing me from getting my daily valor and quests done. I want to get them done quickly and go to bed. Playing some prick games with the horde is not going to help me to be ready for next raid. It's not just a noisance, it's a significant obstacle, draining your resources away from progression.

pvP servers are for the kids who would enjoy ganking/griefing each other the most of all the other fun in this game. Otherwise no sane person would willingly suffer the repulsive abomination of gameplay and toxic community which is an essence of any pvP server. Well, unless you play a dominating faction with other faction non existing, so you would be lucky to meet a single red player in a month, what's the difference with pve for you then?

And what's a "decent progression"? I moved on a pve at around TBC, and currently 11/14h, i'd say it is a decent progression.

You've rolled on a pvp server, you shall be ganked, griefed, corpse-camped to no end with all the worst you can ever imagine out of people. Calling out another faction on some forum is not going to change anything. This shall and will happen, that's what you signed up to, by simple fact of choosing a pvp server. No matter what your reasons were - whether you enjoy this dirty behavior yourself or you have so called "friends" there, it matters not in the end. If your friends are true, you could talk to them and have them move along on a pve server, or you could move yourself and keep in touch with them via rlid. Or you can just quit the game if it's pvp or no game for you - blizzard can not and will not do anything about pvp servers, this is a cess-pool of humanity, nothing can change it.

I can't kill anything. Not a single mob. If I even touch one of the lvl 91 monsters, I'm guaranteed to die. Not because I can't handle them. No no no. But because the island is literally crawling with horde. They kill me, and then they get their buddies together and GY camp me. Why? I don't know. After the first time it's literally no gain to them. Maybe their parents never loved them, who knows. But the really frustrating thing is that every last one of them is an honorless coward. They literally never take me on in a fair fight. They always wait until my health is low, then sweep in to ruin whatever I'm doing. I can count the number of times I've been attacked above 50% health on one hand. Know why? Because that number is 0.

So alliance players: How do you work under these conditions?

Horde players (specifically the ones on Kil'Jaeden): Please stop being miserable pricks.
    download OQueue, join rep groups.
    or make a farm group on oqueue

Deleted
    There are hardly any Horde players on the isle. Same faction players who are flagged as FFA PvP are a far bigger issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't read the entire thread so sorry if it's already been suggested, but maybe you can find someone on a dead realm or an alliance heavy one and add them to your bnet? Have them invite you so you can have an easier time on their realm.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Because not every server is a PVP server?

And not every PVP server has a higher Horde pop than Alliance pop?

You're server is not every server, ya know.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things, both of which you already know but I'll indulge you anyway:
    1. If you want to be in any sort of decent progression guild, pvp server is mandatory. Also, fuck me for wanting to play with my friends, right?
    Pretty sure 90% of the top guilds are... horde lol

Deleted
    Blizzard is of the opinion that wow revolves around the horde vs alliance thing rather than playing with a guild and friends and pveing with them.
    And approx 50% of forum posters seem to also think the pve or pvp realm is something ppl want to choose when they go for a suitable guild for them to play in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    Snipped
    You gotta love people who call others names because they don't enjoy the same things.

Deleted
    Ohmygod!
    You saying there's PVP on a PVP SERVER?!?!

Oh noes!

I can't kill anything. Not a single mob. If I even touch one of the lvl 91 monsters, I'm guaranteed to die. Not because I can't handle them. No no no. But because the island is literally crawling with horde. They kill me, and then they get their buddies together and GY camp me. Why? I don't know. After the first time it's literally no gain to them. Maybe their parents never loved them, who knows. But the really frustrating thing is that every last one of them is an honorless coward. They literally never take me on in a fair fight. They always wait until my health is low, then sweep in to ruin whatever I'm doing. I can count the number of times I've been attacked above 50% health on one hand. Know why? Because that number is 0.

Horde players (specifically the ones on Kil'Jaeden): Please stop being miserable pricks.
    Well i guess you could always find someone from x server that has better ally:horde ratio invite you to a grp so you get ported to that server. Dont know if you get ported back if they go offline, but still stay in grp, if you do then might be a bit of pain to do it.

10+ Year Old Account

On my server (EU Outland) it's vice versa, horde population fell so low since cataclysm - and I think features like timeless isle makes even more of them migrate.

Fortunately we can farm both horde and ally, timeless isle is like the wild west. I'm still going to see how many blood coins I can get from a riad group doing one of the celestials ;P

Deleted
    Its a little bit O/T, but on EU-Twisting Nether we, Horde players pretty rarely see any Alliance players and we take it as a mission to protect them from any harm. They really deserve honor and some kind of award for playing amongst at least 10 times as many Horde players as Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things, both of which you already know but I'll indulge you anyway:
    1. If you want to be in any sort of decent progression guild, pvp server is mandatory. Also, fuck me for wanting to play with my friends, right?
    2. This isn't real pvp. This is cheap, underhanded tricks. I would love for one of these fuckers to challenge me to an honorable, 1v1, fair fight. However, they are literally incapable of it. They know they can't win a real fight, so they avoid them like a plague. The fact that you stand up for these people is abhorrent.
    1) Rofl. Bullshit, and insulting to a large amount of people, to say the least.
    2) "real PVP" died a long time ago.

Also, to answer your question, I simply do not tag myself for PVP.
    Oh, what?
    You meant on a PVP server?
    Well, thats highly assumptive of you that everyone plays on one and are also on a horde-centric one, apparently. Maybe you should specify.

/delicious nitpicking
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    I play on Silvermoon
    last week when I saw horde raid in celestial court I made a screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Your opinion.
    Based on the fact that there's always an OP class in PvP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1