Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think there are even worse lootsystems in the World of Warcraft, like 10 man raiding... where you coin 2 heroic cloaks from immerseus in 2 weeks! *hurray*

I was 6/14 hc with my mage without the 2Set normal Bonus, no drops at all, and if caster stuff droppes it was not critbased for Firemage purposses, so i let the other cloth casters have it. We habe 4 casters in our raid. We had ONE Single Trinket drop for casters in all of normal/heroic content even with bonus rolls. Last week the first dropped HCWF from immerseus and i got it with a 100. Im the only one in the raid wearing a normal/hc trinket from SoO, all the other wear flex and lfr stuff. THAT IS A JOKE, if you consider 10+ weeks of full clears with every caster bonus rolling on trinkets.

Im still wearing ToT stuff on my main with 9/14 hc down ... wrists, belts, trinket, rings... naa 10 man raids dont need this..

I don't think LFR and Flex were designed to be sources of loot as a primary purpose. They were made in order to give more people a chance at seeing the raid content made. If you get gear, congratulations, you lucked out on RNG. If you don't get gear, that's not an issue for Blizzard since the goal of LFR and Flex isn't to gear people. If gear really is your main priority, then do the timeless isle gear grind and then find a raiding guild. Actual 10/25 raiding is the only means of "reliable" gear drops outside of crafting. Even then, gear is more of a means towards an end when it comes to raiding.

Honestly, gear is one of those forever lasting issues with RPGs IMO. It's a necessary part of character development but any system involving RNG will always bring with it the downside of RNG as you're going through. However, a system without RNG risks players gaming the system or otherwise making the system so monotonous that it ruins the excitement of getting new gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it, I've killed timeless celestial boss every week since it was released on my druid and have not received one item from them, same with Ordos since got my cloak about 5 weeks ago. However my hunter just got a third drop off Ordos, three pairs of tier 16 legs, and two different pvp bracers in the same time period. RNG is random and it kind of sucks.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Vanilla raiders are rolling in their graves at some of the comments in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
    I doubt it's existence. I've used all 3 rolls for weeks and haven't seen a piece of gear from them. If it is implemented, I've had terrible luck with it, as well.
    It exists. In fact, there was a quote from one of the lead developers saying "If someone says they have gotten 0 loot on 12 straight bonus rolls, they are flat out telling lies" Unless I misunderstood that quote. Trying to find the exact one now.
    Last edited by Octa; 2013-11-21 at 11:47 PM.

It's not misleading in any way, shape, or form. It's the truth of my situation.
    Of course it's misleading.
    It clearly states you got no gear at all. You got several. You're just not satisfied with it.

Apart from that, its RNG despite if you're a good or bad player.
    you've only played for a few weeks, and expect to be decked or what? Most of those you consider "bads", that are decked up, have been running that place for more than 2 months, while you have been running.. 2-3 weeks?
    Run 2 months and you will most likely have most of the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    It exists. In fact, there was a quote from one of the lead developers saying "If someone says they have gotten 0 loot on 12 straight bonus rolls, they are flat out telling lies" Unless I misunderstood that quote. Trying to find the exact one now.
    Haven't seen that one, but hope you find it.
    Almost all my gear is from rolls. Been very lucky with the gear i got from those, though. Think i've gotten one from the raid itself.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Of course it's misleading.
    It clearly states you got no gear at all. You got several. You're just not satisfied with it.

you've only played for a few weeks, and expect to be decked or what? Most of those you consider "bads", that are decked up, have been running that place for more than 2 months, while you have been running.. 2-3 weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen that one, but hope you find it.
    Almost all my gear is from rolls. Been very lucky with the gear i got from those, though. Think i've gotten one from the raid itself.
    It was during a Blizzcon Q&A so I might have to go rewatch the panels to find it haha, and I don't have the time for that right now. Hopefully I can find it without watching that over again.

Either you are lying or have encountered a bug of some kind. I have used around 3 coins on up to 4 character each week since it was implemented. And I believe that the longest bad streak I had is around 6 coins with nothing. Usually I get at least something on 3 coins.

And looking at you armory you have done 6 LFR bosses and have 2 LFR items. Also you have first 2 parts of flex and have 2 pieces of gear, including a weapon already! So I don't really understand what you are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    Either you are lying or have encountered a bug of some kind. I have used around 3 coins on up to 4 character each week since it was implemented. And I believe that the longest bad streak I had is around 6 coins with nothing. Usually I get at least something on 3 coins.

And looking at you armory you have done 6 LFR bosses and have 2 LFR items. Also you have first 2 parts of flex and have 2 pieces of gear, including a weapon already! So I don't really understand what you are complaining about.
    Clearly reading isn't your strong suit. As I clearly stated in my original post that this was about my priest.

It's all psychological.

Having "fragments" of loot from bosses is exactly like having bosses drop valor and using that valor to buy gear. However if all loot was done that way, people would see it as "grindy" and theres none of that instant gratification of getting a piece of loot you can use on your first run through there.

RNG sucks ass, and it's especially bad for personal loot like LFR and Flex, but in an actual raid its really not that bad since bosses have finite loot tables and only so many people need each item. And on 25's its absolutely faceroll to gear up like a maniac very quickly. Too much gear-to-player ratio there, and the more drops just keep adding the likelihood something you want will drop. It's kinda fantastic.

But yeah, personal loot is garbage. Way too random. I honestly wish you could just "Target" a piece of gear you wanted on a boss somehow to boost the odds of that piece dropping or making sure all your bonus rolls are working toward that piece and not some random shit. It's more frustrating to win some shit you don't need on a bonus roll than it is to get nothing at all. Especially when you win the same piece of loot like 3 times in a row and never see the item you actually want, makes you want to pull your hair out.

But I think a lot of the shit they're doing in WoD solves a lot of these problems, since the loot will be more like a reg raid in the new "flex" (normal) mode and coupled with items working for any spec that can wear the piece so theres no "wasted" pieces no one can use, or at least not until everyone that needs that type of piece already has gear... It'll also speed up the gearing process and make the boss loot tables a lot smaller further increasing your odds.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Cleared flex yesterday, rockin 40k DPS as ret wearing prot gear (gotta love 15% expertise) won 10 items in total; not quite getting my 4 set. Maybe you're trying too hard OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    RNG is RNG

Also, thread title is misleading
    Agree, and it is misleading since you said you did get shoulders. Also, you said you had 561's. You don't have to link your character or anything but how many slots can you actually upgrade in LFR and Flex?

Also, RNG. My warrior geared out of LFR in about 3 weeks. My shaman main (didn't bother with LFR) still needs a lot of drops from flex even though he's cleared massive headway into normal and been running flex since launch of the patch.

[QUOTE=Terridon;23786275]Of course it's misleading.

I agree with this, I have just got back into playing and have been running LFR for about 3 weeks and I got most of the gear but there are 3-4 pieces I would like but I am sure they will come. I missed raiding in Cata but when I was raiding HC in Wrath you would go weeks and weeks without getting anything and I was running both 10 and 25 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive won 4 pairs of tier gloves in a row from the celestials and im pure PvP

Im not lying either.

RNG is RNG. I went through almost all of wrath with that ToC caster trinket Abyssal Ruin or whatever because I pugged on my Warlock most of the time and heroic DFO drops... arcane mage gets it. Anub would never drop his trinket nor would any drop from ICC except that one time. Nothing I can do about it though except move on. Sadly my Paladin has insane luck tho and I don't play him much. My buddy is also a lucky bastard as he wins a few pieces every time we run Flex together. Screw him heh.

Deleted
    Well game becomes too RNG if you arent in 25 raid
    i take items constantly cant complain....Till comes garrosh still no sight of any heirloom from him and i farm him weekly with 6 toons both in flex and normal
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-11-22 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    but then I see these "less than decent" players running around in full flex/LFR sets and I begin to wonder, does Blizzard simply reward what is considered "casual" play? (by them, poor play by most) Or am I truly the most unlucky player in WoW. ?
    You're not the unluckiest player in the game, arguably perhaps the most arrogant.... who are you to qualify people as 'less than decent' or define casual play as 'poor play'.

I have literally bonus rolled every possible dps warrior piece of Galakras, (Reg, WF, H and HWF) Shoulders and helm
    still no trinket.

I've kept every piece. Have made multiple offers to blizz to trade them all for a single evil eye.

Nodeals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I think the LFR system does need a bit of a tangible mitigator for bad luck. Something like one of the following:
    Nope...
    Gear is already easy as hell to get, you got coins with bad luck protection...
    Soon you'll ask blizzard to just mail you full lfr upon logging in...