Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it about time we trim off some Realms?

It seems like there isn't a point to have quite as many realms as we do anymore. It's like stretching out shirt when your fat but then it's too big for you when you lose weight. If WoW loses many more subs I think it might be time.

Deleted
    Thats kinda why they do the Realm Merges no? Only diffirence with this and completely removing some realms is that you get to keep your name even if another person has the same on the server you end up in.

WoW will have 250 realms, in reality all connected in 15 realms. Who are they fooling? It's dumb, but it lets them keep face I guess.

WoW lost about half the subs, Blizzard does not wanna advertise the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by liam78 View Post
    WoW will have 250 realms, in reality all connected in 15 realms. Who are they fooling? It's dumb, but it lets them keep face I guess.

It saves thousands of people having a forced rename. That's enough reason in my opinion, players shouldn't be punished for other players leaving the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    It saves thousands of people having a forced rename. That's enough reason in my opinion, players shouldn't be punished for other players leaving the game.
    I find it funny u see it as punishment and I see it as a blessing. Nobody deserves to play a MMO game on a fucking low pop server.

Don't they pretty much just tell everybody during their shareholders meeting/report/whatever every six months or so?

Anyway, merging or deleting servers brings in a lot of issues that connecting them like they've been doing don't. Like, for example, not having to change your main character's name because some other dude in the server you were merged into also named his Hunter "Xxlegolassxx". That's about it.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Connected realms is a far cleaner solution than merging servers. Forcing name changes would just piss off even more people.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2013-11-22 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Are they still connecting realms or are they done with it? Because they could of done a better job on one of my servers at least.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Are they still connecting realms or are they done with it? Because they could of done a better job on one of my servers at least.
    They are still barely scratching the surface of connecting realms. No where near done, just begun, sit tight.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Why remove them when we can connect them into big virtual realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I find it funny u see it as punishment and I see it as a blessing. Nobody deserves to play a MMO game on a fucking low pop server.
    some people enjoy knowing the people on their server.
    However, playing on a high pop server is way better imo.

Connected realms sucka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    Connected realms sucka
    What would you prefer, a realm merge? Oh wait that's what you're getting. It's that or sit on a dead server. Mine hasn't been connected yet, I am just waiting excitedly. Most people want this and for good reason.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    What would you prefer, a realm merge? Oh wait that's what you're getting. It's that or sit on a dead server. Mine hasn't been connected yet, I am just waiting excitedly. Most people want this and for good reason.
    I think he was saying "sucker" as in "connected realms, sucker".

I would rather they fixed this a while ago with realm merges when it became a problem a long time ago. But I guess connected realms is an alright fix at this point. As long as they can get it fluent and not have people disappearing between zones and such. It can really be a immersion killer.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I would rather they fixed this a while ago with realm merges when it became a problem a long time ago. But I guess connected realms is an alright fix at this point. As long as they can get it fluent and not have people disappearing between zones and such. It can really be a immersion killer.
    From what I've seen and heard its just like the realms are one. By my understanding they are taking all the info from X, Y, and Z server and putting it on Connected Server A. I am unsure if they are moving them to a new server then pruning the old, or plugging one into another. I'd be interested in how this is working hardware wise.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaraad View Post
    Thats kinda why they do the Realm Merges?
    If they closed realms and forced toons or just loaded them to another server and people had to change their names and guild names... blizz would have hell to pay.

Deleted
    WoW will have 250 realms, in reality all connected in 15 realms.
    They've been open with which realms are being connected to which, for that 250 to become 15 that means around 16 servers have to merge together in every case, there's nothing to show that's even close to true the largest I've seen is 5 and that's one case.

So if you're going to try and talk "reality" wouldn't be an idea to start there? instead of pulling numbers out of your ass?

It's 36% and I know this because they've tell us the sub numbers every earnings call, the rest is very simply recalling previous information and some simple math.

The way the sub numbers are reported I actually think it's harder for someone not to know this, so I guess congratulations are in order you've really hidden yourself under a rock to avoid any of those pesky facts you don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think he was saying "sucker" as in "connected realms, sucker".
    That could explain a lot. I jumped to the normal incident of A and S being adjacent Apologies if what Darthsithis says is correct.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They are still barely scratching the surface of connecting realms. No where near done, just begun, sit tight.
    This. They basically said every low and medium populated realm will be connected with at least one other realm. There are at least 150 medium and low populated realms, so they still have tons of connections to make.

BTW, they're doing this slowly so nothing gets screwed up. Notice how there have been very very few reports of technical problems on connected realms so far.