Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It was fun playing the first time in solo but I wish I could have done co op my first run since it's more fun and a better overall experience, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It was fun playing the first time in solo but I wish I could have done co op my first run since it's more fun and a better overall experience, imo.
    I wouldn't suggest co-op for a first run if you have any interest in story. It usually gets rushed, people playing at a faster pace when you want to enjoy things. Well, if you played with a friend for the first time, yeah, that'd be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go with play it with a friend if you intend to do co-op. Share loot, messing around and doing things at an agreed pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I wouldn't suggest co-op for a first run if you have any interest in story. It usually gets rushed, people playing at a faster pace when you want to enjoy things. Well, if you played with a friend for the first time, yeah, that'd be good.
    Well, co-op with a friend, not some random stranger. Otherwise, I agree that it would be awful.

Deleted
    So its this game worth playing single player ? Ain't got any friends that are interested in it but i think it looks alright

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    So its this game worth playing single player ? Ain't got any friends that are interested in it but i think it looks alright
    Literally like 5 posts ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Literally like 5 posts ago.
    Ah, sorry, i'm just a pro at paying attention when reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the gaffe awhile back where someone from Gearbox regarding Gaige (Mechromancer) and the "girlfriend" spec. That actually turned me off to the character. However, I got the GotY edition and on a whim I paused my run through with Axton to try out Gaige...holy hell is she fun to play!

When I fired the character up I had a few concerns, the main one being Deathtrap trivializing content. But honestly he doesn't, and he reminds me more of Bloodwing from BL1 (Mordercai + Bloodwing was my jam). The fact that he gets new abilities in the different trees and changes his appearance to match to "upgrades" to his platform is a really nice visual touch.

The other seemingly OP talent that had me concerned was the ricochet bullets, but even that isn't nearly as severe as I thought it would be. Instead its given me some interesting ways to bypass cover or enemies with shields. The big damage still comes from direct hits, but it reminds me of over the top action movies like "Shoot 'Em Up" where you bounce bullets off of everything for these trickshots.

The real OP ability is Anarchy. I LOVE ANARCHY! Stacking Anarchy is such an amazing steroid. At full stacks I feel unstoppable, and I like how it forces you to play different...picking up weapons with smaller magazines and not reloading after a fire-fight.

In short, I am friggin loving Gaige. I haven't tried Krieg though, how is he?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The real OP ability is Anarchy. I LOVE ANARCHY! Stacking Anarchy is such an amazing steroid. At full stacks I feel unstoppable, and I like how it forces you to play different...picking up weapons with smaller magazines and not reloading after a fire-fight.
    Yeah, it's OP, but then we go back to your ricochet ability - the accuracy matters less when you have it, making a broken synergy between the two abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    In short, I am friggin loving Gaige. I haven't tried Krieg though, how is he?
    Gaige is a lot of fun. Krieg? Once he gets rolling deep into his trees (especially Mania), he's an unstoppable juggernaut. He is a ton of fun, with a drastically different playstyle. Shields? Who needs those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just beat the "vanilla" game this weekend with Gaige and started in on the DLC (I'll maybe hit up True Vault Hunter after finishing them). I have to say, Gaige is ridiculously fun once you start stacking Anarchy. The Discord ability provides some interesting tactical decisions in combat (I had to make a lot of use of it during the Robot Arena Challenge), and the other abilities that feed off of Anarchy stacks are fun too. I also found it hilarious how, with Anarchy over 300, I couldn't even hit an enemy point-blank with a shotgun (but would hit and kill the guy way off in the background thanks to Ricochet Rounds).

That being said, I watched a video on Krieg and he looks like a hell of a lot of fun. So my biggest concern now is whether to do TVH Mode with Gaige or restart with Krieg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some SHiFT codes:

Axton Skin "Natural Twenty":
    KTK3J-FR3JS-ZX55B-B3BJ3-HSRB6
    Gaige Skin "Summoner Sickness":
    535BB-3R3BZ-HF5K3-JJB33-3BF3J
    Zero Skin "The Pandora Chainmail":
    CTKJ3-9CBJS-9R5WT-JBJ3T-WKXKF
    Maya Skin "Her Violent Nature":
    CBCJ3-W5TT9-S65K3-BJJ3B-XHWWC
    Krieg Skin "My Fantasies Involve Blood":
    CBKJ3-5FT39-ZRCCT-JTJB3-RFJ5B
    Salvador Skin "Bear Naked":
    5J5TT-RCJBS-ZXWCJ-TJ3BJ-TK3FB

Also keys for Spooky customizations (if you didn't redeem them yet)
    K3K33-SFH5X-WBX5B-BJB33-Z9J3F
    Some Community Day 2013 SHiFT Codes, if you didn't redeem them yet (hope they are still valid):
    WJCBB-SSFFC-XH93J-BJTBT-Z66ZW
    KJKJ3-T396C-RS93J-TJ3BJ-5W3S6
    5TKJJ-5THRC-XZZ3J-33J33-TSZSC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Some SHiFT codes:

Axton Skin "Natural Twenty":

Gaige Skin "Summoner Sickness":

Zero Skin "The Pandora Chainmail":

Maya Skin "Her Violent Nature":

Krieg Skin "My Fantasies Involve Blood":

Salvador Skin "Bear Naked":

Also keys for Spooky customizations (if you didn't redeem them yet)

Some Community Day 2013 SHiFT Codes, if you didn't redeem them yet (hope they are still valid):
    looks like someone snagged all of them :/

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    looks like someone snagged all of them :/
    Um.

Here ya go? https://www.borderlands2loothunt.com/
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    doh. had to enter them in game. i was doing it on the xbox site.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    doh. had to enter them in game. i was doing it on the xbox site.
    Yay!

So anyway, any word I might have overlooked on the progress of the contest? Originally it was stated that they'd have something figured out "around" the 13th. I'm getting antsy now!

Deleted
    Does the season pass for this game include the psycho and mechromancer classes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Does the season pass for this game include the psycho and mechromancer classes?
    Mechromancer, yes. Psycho, no.

So wait, did you get those codes through the loothunt website? Or something else? When I read 'how it works' I didn't see anything about the codes you gave away.

EDIT: Oh derp wow, right in front of my face...

Its early...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the season pass was just for the content and didn't include any of the new characters?

Regardless, I got the GotY edition. It was worth the money imo. I gave my standard edition to my dad. =)