Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How long before Varian bites the dust?

Metzen recently said that he wants to see Anduin become King and that every now and then you'll see his model change to reflect his growth in age. Anduin can't become King if Varian is still breathing so how long before he starts pushing daisies? I doubt it happens in WoD, the expansion after? the one after that?

Does the Horde kill him? Sylvanas rips him and raises him as a forsaken? Maybe Wrathion thinks he's not the guy to lead the Allinace against the Legion?

My guess would be that Jaina goes full Batshit Human Supremacist Nazi and kills Varian in a power grab.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop suggesting Jaina going batshit. God leave these poor characters alone. Varian dying? Nah, I bet he'll become inactive after MoP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Making Anduin King would be terrible for the Story. Just too nice and varian too but to a lesser extent.

My guess would be that Jaina goes full Batshit Human supremacist Nazi and kills Varian in a power grab.
    Garrosh carbon Copy? No thanks.

He could potentially just step down I guess, though I'm not too sure how all this king stuff works.

every day in the morning, Varian gets his sword Shalamayne and uses it to shave his beard.

one day that will go wrong.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Anduin is growing up, maturing and that will the new model of his will show us. from a priest he will trancend into a paladin full of wisdom and right decision taking his rightful place as a king

All I can see is that Sylvanas assassinates Varian in retaliation for the Alliance retaking Gilneas. Or Varian retires and promotes his son to king of Stormwind.

Anduin is still a child, who honestly doesnt understand what being a king means yet. I do not see him becoming king anytime soon and if he does i see it happening maybe months before the final force gathers to battle the burning legion. But then again that is just my opinion, at the end of the day Anduin needs some major character developement before i can accept him as the High King of the Alliance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohanitos View Post
    Anduin is growing up, maturing and that will the new model of his will show us. from a priest he will trancend into a paladin full of wisdom and right decision taking his rightful place as a king
    Yeah when priests grow up they become Paladins ;(
    Pure discrimination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone goes "Lolz Jaina is so evil now, did you look at the way she said "dismantle the horde" in the SoO Cinematic? she is clearly crazy now!!!!"

But people seem to forget that she tried peace for years and the horde kept spitting on her face the whole time, yet she kept trying.
    Then the horde destroys her home and everyone she knew including friends like Rhonin, while being almost killed in the act. And she is supposed to keep being friendly and have a peaceful approach?

Wouldn't you want to destroy the horde and everyone related if you were in her place?
    Not "batshit crazy" .. maybe more like "vengeance seeking crazy".

Not soon enough.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Varian ascends to battle the Ori... or something. I reckon he might snuff at the end of WoD, it would be a powerful plotline. I only hope that if they do, they make Anduin a bit tougher.

I don't want Anduin. He's one dimensional, and so are pally's. Way too righteous.

My best bet remains Warcraft 4.

Thing is, I don't believe they have the balls for a proper shake-up like killing off Varian in WoW. Random mook/boss kill, the fans will rip Blizzard appart. A proper kill by someone like Sylvanas could no way keep them part of the horde. Unless it also kills Sylvanas and Varian is raised as new king of the Forsaken.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    he dies to a random level 1 defias throwing a rock like anduins mother, jaina frames vol'jin for the murder, anduin goes crazy and kills vol'jin, anduin finds out and gos crazy and kill jaina then he commits suicide out of grief... then bolvar comes and merges with him( lich kings can only merge with underage blonde altar boys for some reason) to become powerful enough to rival KJ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Metzen recently said that he wants to see Anduin become King and that every now and then you'll see his model change to reflect his growth in age. Anduin can't become King if Varian is still breathing so how long before he starts pushing daisies? I doubt it happens in WoD, the expansion after? the one after that?

Does the Horde kill him? Sylvanas rips him and raises him as a forsaken? Maybe Wrathion thinks he's not the guy to lead the Allinace against the Legion?

My guess would be that Jaina goes full Batshit Human Supremacist Nazi and kills Varian in a power grab.
    A King does not necessarily need to die for an heir to ascend, He could simply abdicate his position due to age, and allow Anduin to succeed him whilst retaining a position within the royal court.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That is how it works. Paladins start out as priests.
    Arthas started as a Priest too? Is that some obscure lore knowledge?

I know for sure that all Dwarfes start out as Brewmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    every day in the morning, Varian gets his sword Shalamayne and uses it to shave his beard.

one day that will go wrong.
    He isnt manly enough to grow beard.

OT: Jaina losing her shit, killing him for lulz before making her own separatistic group within alliance. Then she dies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He isnt manly enough to grow beard.

OT: Jaina losing her shit, killing him for lulz before making her own separatistic group within alliance. Then she dies too.
    of course he grows a beard. and than he shaves it with his weapon, like every azerothian hero does.

my orc warrior shaves her armpits with her axe:

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    of course he grows a beard. and than he shaves it with his weapon, like every azerothian hero does.

my orc warrior shaves her armpits with her axe:

Good luck shaving other areas of your body. But watch out, or you may end up as poor chromie.