Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

War with China imminent?

This is what happens when you have a weak, indecisive president.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-deeply-conc...223707007.html

Deleted
    I am not worried about it, we need Chinas cheap goods and china needs our money.

Deleted
    Meh, cold war at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post

Yeah, if only Nixon hadn't been such a wimp.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Am I the only one happy to see the US and Japan working together? I mean we do owe our economy to Japan not agreeing with Russia to pull American investments. Anything to help them, we owe it.

The standard political playbook is to start a war when your approval rating has been trashed. Obama is hated by the public and I wouldn't put it past him, but starting something with China is a bit of a stretch. Depends on how crazy Obama truly is.

Just political posturing and sabre rattling really, I can't personally see this escalating to much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The standard political playbook is to start a war when your approval rating has been trashed. Obama is hated by the public and I wouldn't put it past him, but starting something with China is a bit of a stretch. Depends on how crazy Obama truly is.
    War with China is WW3, even Obama is not that mad.

Deleted
    The standard political playbook is to start a war when your approval rating has been trashed.
    What? I must have skipped that history class.

Could you give some examples?

10+ Year Old Account
    About as likely as Obama being elected a 3rd. That is to say: ain't gonna happen.

Besides, you accuse China's actions as being the result of Obama's "weak" position.

What would a strong president have done, declared war on China before they declared war on us?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

obama is hated by the public? any source on that or are you just BSing like usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no remote way this would lead to war with China. The US doesn't want it, China doesn't want it. At absolute worst, it'll create a minor diplomatic incident.

A country looking out for its own interests rather than the interests of the US and its allies does not automatically mean a war is brewing.

No war, but China will get pushy and flex its muscles as long as Barry or a pathetic democrat is in the White House.

What exactly would a decisive president do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    No war, but China will get pushy and flex its muscles as long as Barry or a pathetic democrat is in the White House.
    Not sure where this "democrats are wish washy on war" nonsense comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    obama is hated by the public? any source on that or are you just BSing like usual.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Yeah... about half the country and rising hates him.

53% of Americans disapprove of his job performance? AMERICANS HATE OBAMA!!!!shift_one!11! Next on Fox News!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say a war. And if it was, we all know who'd win.

As said by the all great and wise George Carlin..

We like war, we are war like people. We like war, because we are good at it. You know why we are good at it? Because we did a lot of practice. This country is only 200 years old and already we have had 10 major wars. We average a major war every 20 years in this country, so we are good at it! And that is good thing we are, we are not very good in anything else anymore. Can't built a decent car, can't make a TV set or VCR where the fuck. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people can't get health care for our old people, but we can bomb the shit out of your country alright?!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Just some nations flexing over some stupid islands. If you go to war over that crap, I'm gonna despair for how ridiculously infantile the human race is. It's just some damned islands and they want to kill each other over it?!

War with China is not going to happen any time soon. Our economies are too globalized and all interests involved would lose too much.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.