Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    I dont know many many addons auto accept things
    I do... ie myselfwritten pet battle addon auto-requeues me if I miss a Popup

@OP: no ss - I call you fake!

10+ Year Old Account
    so you're first response to these threads is to call the OP a liar instead of actually giving him leeway in the fact that this might be actually true? God silly people these days

Glad i never used Oqueue if this is true.

So not only did you get banned, but you got perma banned?
    You had to be doing something more than botting which is what you are saying they accused you of.
    Even if you were straight up botting herbs bg mining etc you still wouldn't get a perma ban.
    How is this thread even still open?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So not only did you get banned, but you got perma banned?
    You had to be doing something more than botting which is what you are saying they accused you of.
    Even if you were straight up botting herbs bg mining etc you still wouldn't get a perma ban.
    How is this thread even still open?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Can you just admit if you had a bot running?

Because it will be that, not oqueue.

This is going to cause a lot of hassle that won't be needed if you did indeed have a bot on.

You aren't going to be banned from mmo-champ for admitting you used a bot, people do it aaalllll the time, you just cant name or link the bots you use.

I see so many bots on a daily basis mining, and sometimes even in LFR, that I think it's even pretty hard to get banned purely botting now, but I have no idea.
    My account was on a last warning for botting 2 years prior to this and that time i recieved a 3 day ban and never looked back into botting.

Basically what the gm's been telling me is to go fuck myself because i have been botting once before and because of that "bot" tag from 2 years ago on my account i recieve no second thought on my ban and they don't even bother checking or confirming to me what has caused the ban.

My mail said third party program and i know all i had on was oQueue which keeps me from getting logged out. That is the ONLY thing i can think of that should serve as 3rd party program.

As others have said also this addon doesn't always keep you from getting logged out. Some does get logged out and some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    My account was on a last warning for botting 2 years prior to this and that time i recieved a 3 day ban and never looked back into botting.
    Don't think you have a reason to complain if that prior transgression was the reason you got banned now. Botting isn't a "oops how did this happen" spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, you *willingly chose* to do something illegal for personal gain. They are right in leaving a permanent mark on your record and bringing down the hammer with the next transgression. No tolerance is the only policy, or people will be exploiting left and right.

That being said, as always with borderline addons you should make SURE before you use it whether or not it could constitute a ToS breach. Ask Blizzard, document the conversations, etc. THEN use it. Don't assume, ever; and especially don't go complaining afterwards when you clearly didn't look into the matter beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't think you have a reason to complain if that prior transgression was the reason you got banned now. Botting isn't a "oops how did this happen" spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, you *willingly chose* to do something illegal for personal gain. They are right in leaving a permanent mark on your record and bringing down the hammer with the next transgression. No tolerance is the only policy, or people will be exploiting left and right.

That being said, as always with borderline addons you should make SURE before you use it whether or not it could constitute a ToS breach. Ask Blizzard, document the conversations, etc. THEN use it. Don't assume, ever; and especially don't go complaining afterwards when you clearly didn't look into the matter beforehand.
    If i had been correctly banned for actually botting at that time i wouldn't have started this thread in the first place. But me standing AFK with oQueue addon is not considered botting.
    There are literally thousands of people using this addon and blizzard themselves spoke highly about it on Blizzcon this year so how on earth is this a fair ban?

I don't know the details, or Blizzard's stance on it. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe their opinion has changed. Maybe something else caused the ban entirely. Appealing to Blizzard formally seems to be the logical course of action to find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Can you just admit if you had a bot running?

Because it will be that, not oqueue.

This is going to cause a lot of hassle that won't be needed if you did indeed have a bot on.

You aren't going to be banned from mmo-champ for admitting you used a bot, people do it aaalllll the time, you just cant name or link the bots you use.

I see so many bots on a daily basis mining, and sometimes even in LFR, that I think it's even pretty hard to get banned purely botting now, but I have no idea.
    to be honest i would be suprised if they baned every1 with it would make sence tbh, they are remaking their raid browser and they want people to use that and not OQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I really hope they ban Oqueue ... such a terrible terrible addon... as if LFR wasn't enough. I thought people were sick of queues...
    Same as with LFR = Dont like it dont use it, simple as.

Basically what the gm's been telling me is to go fuck myself because i have been botting once before and because of that "bot" tag from 2 years ago on my account i recieve no second thought on my ban and they don't even bother checking or confirming to me what has caused the ban.

Lol. That's pure bullshit.

Please explain how I've managed to get perm banned, and appealed my main account TWICE for botting.

I'll install oQueue again, and go AFK and see if I get logged out or not.
    Still waiting for some screenshots though.

Still waiting on actual evidence.

Mod edit: You're about to read the OP. If your knee-jerk reaction after reading is to open the "quick reply" box and type "OP is just trolling" or any variation thereof, I'd strongly urge you to read this first. Good? Good.

Hello mmo-champs.

I just wanted to put this out there so everyone is aware of this. I recently got permabanned for using the Oqueue addon.
    It is apparently classed as a third party program which blizzard so kindly told me after i got my permaban.

So there i was standing in Stormwind AH and i decided to go walk my dogs, i come back some time later and found myself back in login screen. Cool so my character had gone AFK and got logged out no big deal i thought. WRONG! I could not log back in and it said my account was banned.

So i immedietly got in touch with blizzard and apparently the oQueue addon is a third party program because it keeps my character from logging out when in AFK mode because it auto accept mesh requests and such.

I had never seen or heard anyone get banned for using oQueue and i thought blizzard was happy with this addon but apparently not!

EDIT1: Here is the conversation from the Live chat Game Master i spoke with when i got banned.
    I don't believe it was Oqueue that got you banned. You had multiple tickets open on your account from other players. You get enough complaints you get banned. Maybe you got caught botting before or players said they saw you botting? This has nothing to do with Oqueue. When you write your next ticket asking them to lift your ban ask them how many tickets are open against you. If you have hundreds then I doubt they'll lift your ban, sorry.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2013-11-23 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I don't believe it was Oqueue that got you banned. You had multiple tickets open on your account from other players. You get enough complaints you get banned. Maybe you got caught botting before or players said they saw you botting? This has nothing to do with Oqueue. When you write your next ticket asking them to lift your ban ask them how many tickets are open against you. If you have hundreds then I doubt they'll lift your ban, sorry.
    the laughable part about asking how many tickets are on you is the blizzard response will read something like "we cannot divulge the number of tickets against you due to our privacy policy".
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

My Diablo3 account was chat-banned (just chat) for 6 hours due to oQueue sending friend requests. I hadn't played Diablo3 for months. It happened.

I opened two tickets. The GMs eventually investigated and confirmed it was due to oQueue. My account was not hacked.

That said, my understanding is that newer (and current) versions of oQueue no longer send friend requests or spam to other battle.net games, so that shouldn't be a problem now.

Of course oQueue does still send tons of friend requests to people playing WoW, and a lot of those people don't understand how oQueue works. I'm sure you've gotten whispers from random people "why did you add me as a friend", I know I have many times. If any of those people report you, the GMs could arbitrarily decide to take action on your account. I find oQueue essential at this point, so I basically roll the dice.

Greetings,

Account Name: removed

A user of the above account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment.

Account Action: 6 Hour Suspension of Chat Privilegees
    Offense: Spamming
    This category includes:
    * Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish.
    * Saying the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.

Based on a review of the information presented, this Diablo III account has had its chat privileges suspended. While the account has been placed under review, you will be unable to speak to other players via any avenue of Diablo III. Should spamming behavior continue, we may proceed to apply further penalties including extended suspension of chat privileges, account suspension, or account closure. Once an account has been closed, any characters, items, or auctions will be irretrievable.

For further information, please review the Diablo III Policies and Terms of Use Agreement: (http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...o-iii-policies) and (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_tou.html).

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time spent on Battle.net. Thank you for respecting our position.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
    Diablo III Customer Support
    http://battle.net/support
    This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hey there, nameremoved,

Thanks for your followup contact about this action that was taken against your D3 account.

While we're unable to provide a lot of detail about the action, it was found that a large number of friend requests sent out by this account were reported as spam by the recipients, which resulted in the penalty having been applied.

If you have any addons that send out friend adds/requests, I would strongly advise you to disable them, as a large portion of the community receiving these has decided they do not wish to receive them. We do not have evidence that unauthorized access was made to the account, and as a result, we can confirm that the account was not hacked.

We understand that you may still have concerns regarding the action, but we must reiterate that it was taken to address a violation of the Terms of Use and End User License Agreement (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/), which all players accept before logging into the game.

We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in our games. Thank you for respecting our position.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-11-23 at 11:57 PM.

What happened to the ops made up screenshot?

Interesting, I did wonder if the addon might cause such a reaction, just based on the fact it can be spammy, and reading issues others had with it, I never downloaded it.

Sorry about your account OP, but thanks for sharing, you might save many others from a similar fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I really hope they ban Oqueue ... such a terrible terrible addon... as if LFR wasn't enough. I thought people were sick of queues...
    If the traditional raiding format was more accessible, was less hostile towards those inconvenienced with a real life then maybe neither would be needed.
    But the point remains, the downright horrible community is why LFR exists and oQueue too.

oQueue is a good tool, but the very functionality it has to use is attracting the wrong sort of attention from blizzard.
    Lets hope their own version avoids the need for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    wow. well the addon will have to be adjusted to fix that (and probably will be) but i feel that blizzard was just looking for any reason and found one. If they can't keep the addon from being used they can scare the player base into not using it.
    There is a blacklisting feature in the game, which can prevent use of an addon should blizzard dictate.
    At least one early spammy version of Gearscore was blocked via that means.

They have far better ways of dealing with problem addons than "scare tactics".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-24 at 03:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Interesting, I did wonder if the addon might cause such a reaction, just based on the fact it can be spammy, and reading issues others had with it, I never downloaded it.

Sorry about your account OP, but thanks for sharing, you might save many others from a similar fate!
    Thank you. My account is already gone but i hope to atleast bring out a warning flag to others to take care of their accounts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Same as with LFR = Dont like it dont use it, simple as.
    Yea i dint use it
    The reason are the spams from ppl who have it.Its very anoying when you log and see all these spams because your sister log before you and put that miserable (OQ) to your account notes

About Op do he is a troll or not you can easly drop ticket and ask :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    to be honest i would be suprised if they baned every1 with it would make sence tbh, they are remaking their raid browser and they want people to use that and not OQ
    Shouldn't they just let people use OQ until the blizzard raid browser is finished and in the game. I mean come on, they have done that before with plenty of other addons, incorperated good addons into the game. Whether the OP is telling the truth or not is another question, but that's by the by.
    Hi