Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    My account was on a last warning for botting 2 years prior to this and that time i recieved a 3 day ban and never looked back into botting.

Basically what the gm's been telling me is to go fuck myself because i have been botting once before and because of that "bot" tag from 2 years ago on my account i recieve no second thought on my ban and they don't even bother checking or confirming to me what has caused the ban.

My mail said third party program and i know all i had on was oQueue which keeps me from getting logged out. That is the ONLY thing i can think of that should serve as 3rd party program.

As others have said also this addon doesn't always keep you from getting logged out. Some does get logged out and some don't.
    Take a screenshot of your email and post it here. There's your proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Shouldn't they just let people use OQ until the blizzard raid browser is finished and in the game. I mean come on, they have done that before with plenty of other addons, incorperated good addons into the game. Whether the OP is telling the truth or not is another question, but that's by the by.
    If OQ is causing a lot of back-end problems - similar to how the original gear-score addon was with constant armory queries - then they'd be pretty fine with squashing it.

Also Blizz has a ban first questions later policy. With very good reasons as it saves them a lot of headaches if your account is hacked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I call BS if there are no SSs. oQueue is a great addon for finding people when your server sucks for getting groups together. OP should just get a job and quit screwing with people.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    hilarious

troll level: 1/10
    troll audience bonus: +2 for mmo-c reactionary response
    troll handicap: -1 for mmo-c troll recognition response
    --
    net troll: 2/10

Infracted
    Oh tinystomper is the guy who makes oq, The addon does break a few of blizzards addon policies no surprise they would ban someone

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    My Diablo3 account was chat-banned (just chat) for 6 hours due to oQueue sending friend requests. I hadn't played Diablo3 for months. It happened.
    You got off light with a 6 hour, considering any mod for D3 is bannable.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Meirin View Post
    You got off light with a 6 hour, considering any mod for D3 is bannable.
    Except... oQueue is a WoW addon and not connected to Diablo 3 in any way. His WoW addon caused his Diablo chat ban.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Except... oQueue is a WoW addon and not connected to Diablo 3 in any way. His WoW addon caused his Diablo chat ban.
    Then the emails would have been in relation to his WoW activity, not D3 activity.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    Thank you. My account is already gone but i hope to atleast bring out a warning flag to others to take care of their accounts!
    Indeed, I feel bad that you lost such a long lived account, it's a shame blizzard didn't put a system like oQueue in before this addon got out. At least they will be fixing that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Meirin View Post
    Then the emails would have been in relation to his WoW activity, not D3 activity.
    Except, once again, there's a history of people getting chat-banned in Diablo 3 that haven't even played the game in a year. As I said, OQueue is a WoW addon and is not connected to Diablo 3. The chat-bans are happening because, somehow, BattleTags of players currently in Diablo3 are getting spammed, for whatever reason. Probably because they joined the mesh and then switched to Diablo 3 or something.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Alright, I have to change my opinion.

I have updated to OQueue 1.6.3 and after an hour and a half, my character did not logout. Randomly while browsing forums it is saying "You are no longer afk" even though I am having 0 interaction with the game. (It's running on my laptop)

I have since reverted back to 1.6.0 and it has logged me out after I've been afk for a while, so something has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Alright, I have to change my opinion.

I have updated to OQueue 1.6.3 and after an hour and a half, my character did not logout. Randomly while browsing forums it is saying "You are no longer afk" even though I am having 0 interaction with the game. (It's running on my laptop)

I have since reverted back to 1.6.0 and it has logged me out after I've been afk for a while, so something has changed.
    I have a similar issue occurring with never having used oQueue.
    Whatever the cause is, it could potentially be a bug or unintended consequence of something else.
    There is no addon I am using which would benefit as far as I am aware of having that as an intentional feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

boring, someone post a blue post saying to use OQ.. ends this whole topic

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Except, once again, there's a history of people getting chat-banned in Diablo 3 that haven't even played the game in a year. As I said, OQueue is a WoW addon and is not connected to Diablo 3. The chat-bans are happening because, somehow, BattleTags of players currently in Diablo3 are getting spammed, for whatever reason. Probably because they joined the mesh and then switched to Diablo 3 or something.
    Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Again, I believe that particular problem is fixed in new versions of oQueue-- it no longer contacts players in other Blizzard games. So you shouldn't get banned (even temp chat banned like me) in Starcraft 2 or Hearthstone or whatever.

However, it does still contact people in WoW, and many players install oQueue and don't understand how it works, and they could report you and have actions taken on your account. It's definitely a non-zero risk.

For what it's worth, I think the OP is mistaken or trying to cover up something else. Oqueue doesn't stop afk logouts. But my thing actually happened. I can post screenshots of the emails or whatever if people really think I'm lying, although those can be easily doctored so I'm not sure why that proves anything.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this entire thing, it's likely that some bug was preventing you from logging out, may or may not have been oQueue, if true, Blizz will overturn it, as the mod said on Page 1, anything an addon can do ingame is not bannable, otherwise Blizz breaks the addon.

Also, you can prevent getting AFK logged by either a) being a troll or b) getting the health regen trinket off Onyxia, and going AFK with a mob hitting you whilst in RFC, is this also bannable? #Nope

Source: Permabanned twice on my main account, both overturned. Auto bans happen, even to 100% legitimate players, if you weren't doing anything wrong, they'll overturn it.

Also, oQueue was mentioned at BlizzCon by devs, you're telling me Blizz is gonna ban for a bug in an addon that they were 100% supportive of? Lelsodumb
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on this entire thing, it's likely that some bug was preventing you from logging out, may or may not have been oQueue, if true, Blizz will overturn it, as the mod said on Page 1, anything an addon can do ingame is not bannable, otherwise Blizz breaks the addon.

Also, you can prevent getting AFK logged by either a) being a troll or b) getting the health regen trinket off Onyxia, and going AFK with a mob hitting you whilst in RFC, is this also bannable? #Nope

Source: Permabanned twice on my main account, both overturned. Auto bans happen, even to 100% legitimate players, if you weren't doing anything wrong, they'll overturn it.

Also, oQueue was mentioned at BlizzCon by devs, you're telling me Blizz is gonna ban for a bug in an addon that they were 100% supportive of? Lelsodumb
    Proccing a trinket has nothing to do with beeing able to stay ingame or not.

If an addon abusing the battle.net system, or doing any type of queue/friend request automation then it shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Resike View Post
    doing any type of queue/friend request automation then it shouldn't be allowed.
    Why, because you said so?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Why, because you said so?
    No because it counts as a third party addon, and it's bannable.

I can't find myself believing this. I use oqueue and i rarely bother to log out. But everytime i get back to my desk, i'm at the character selection screen wich kinda imply that i've gone afk and disconnected. And i'm also about 95% certain of seing a blue stating they wont ban for uting oqueue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't oQueue send a lot of whispers that is hidden? So it would kind of let you stay online. I noticed those whispers when I have logged into Hearthstone and forgot to change the broadcast from (OQ) to something else. Since anyone on WoW with the addon will have the addon think you are on WoW and spam you with a list of signs and just send over and over to synch your oQueue with theirs. Since you don't have the oQueue addon in Hearthstone it won't hide them or respond so you keep getting whispers over and over and your screen will fill with those messages :P That is the reason I uninstalled oQueue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Shouldn't they just let people use OQ until the blizzard raid browser is finished and in the game. I mean come on, they have done that before with plenty of other addons, incorperated good addons into the game. Whether the OP is telling the truth or not is another question, but that's by the by.
    There already is a raid finder function in the game. Its on the raid tab when you hit the "o" button. You then click the other raids button and you can list yourself as being interested in joining a raid. THIS is what people should be using