Handling Empowered Whirling Corruption

10 man guild, we've tried 2 and 3 healing it. 2 Healing goes better, best attempt 14% Final Phase with MW/Disc. We have MW monk, D.Priest, R.Shaman in terms of healers to choose from, and we've tried different combos. We just don't have the healing to get through the third or so whirling Corruption with everything else going on. We have an ele shaman using HTT / AG, feral tranq, 2 devotion auras and still we seem to be falling short.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=5568&e=6165

Our General strat.
    P1. No prob, use hero on pull. Generally ignore adds except shaman, use Iron Star to kill
    P2, don't kill weapons. Desecrate down, run to melee for MC, out for WC/Desecrate. Repeat. Once he gets his whirling empowered (after 2nd time in realm) we just loosely spread and people pick up their add and kill it. This generally leads us to be all over the place for the incoming desecrate / MC though. Maybe we just need to kill them faster?
    P3, Continue p2 strat essentially.

I was thinking maybe using hero during the second phase in order to not get as many E.WCs, but still have to deal with the ones in p3.

Ideas?

Definitely AVOID using hero/lust during the second phase. Adds are not a priority if MC is coming up. Stack for MC, break, then spread out again and kill the adds. However, that being said, most adds should die before the MC even happens. Phase 3, especially when 2 healing, the tank should just hold the adds until the boss dies.

Edit: meant to say 3 heals. There's almost no damage on the fight at all.
    Last edited by Squishei; 2013-10-07 at 09:20 AM.

Yeah, it's general consensus that 3 healing is bad, but it's so much more relaxing to do so during E.W.C ><

We just keep failing at keeping everyone up during the EWC as Disc/mist. I'm using TFT / Xuen, and I think the disc is using bubbles during the empowered when he can't stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by catspoir View Post
    Yeah, it's general consensus that 3 healing is bad, but it's so much more relaxing to do so during E.W.C ><
    Sounds like it could be solved with smart raid CDs. You have 2 devo auras, healing tide, AG, rallying cry and demo banner for those which really shine when you can't plant and heal or stack up, they should be more than enough to get you through the empowers. We usually only get 2 in p2 and 1 in p3. Use you barrier/smoke bombs for the non empowered ones and then do a rotation like AG for first EWC, devo for 2nd, tide for 3rd, devo for 4th, etc (or whatever you deem the best based on # of empowered you're getting). You've also got the ability to have your druid HoTW tranq toward the end of the fight if you're running low on CDs. Empowered whirlings are annoying but with some good raid CD use they shouldn't be a complete block.

Also, check to see if your raiders are getting hit by the actual void zone the adds spawn out of, that's a ton of unnecessary damage.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-10-07 at 05:15 AM.

Deleted
    Hey there, I play a Prot Warr / Raid Lead in a 10man guild.

As Aceshigh said, in phase 3 you don't need to worry about the adds. Get your warrior to mocking banner not far from the ranged (who should be loosely stacked) to grab them, and the rogue can tricks the warrior to grab the melee adds if he's really struggling (off-tank can also help pick them up). Killing one of them isn't so bad, and generally when I've got them all I try and do this, the extra vengeance is quite fun and helps burn Garrosh down quicker.

Essentially, the biggest problem in Phase 3 is the mind control. You can no longer stun it, and have to interrupt with kick/pummel etc (Silence also works AFAIK). A good rotation of raid cooldowns is what you need. We get 2 Empowered whirling corruptions in P2 and 1 in P3. I (as a prot warr) use my rallying cry on the first (in phase 2), Demo banner on 2nd (phase 2) and then Rallying Cry & Mocking Banner on the third. It really doesn't matter about not killing adds at the end.

We struggled on week one with him, positioning was our problem. In phase 3. what really helped us was having ranged loosely stacked around one side of the room(boss in the middle), moving up the wall as a group (so desecrates are always on a wall) then moving towards the boss slightly for the MC. This allowed our melee to help with quick interrupts in phase 3. You have a lot more raid cooldowns than our group so using them wisely will get you a kill!

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that by 3 healing, you'll get far more EWCs than if you 2 heal, because Phase 2 is a lot shorter, this means you'll probably end up running out of cooldowns for EWCs anyway, even with 3 healers, unless your raid DPS is absolutely insane.

We 2 heal the fight and get 2 or 3 EWC in total, 1-2 in P2 and 1 in P3. You definitely want to save Heroism for P3!

The adds after an EWC should all be killed before the MCs go out really, but even if they aren't definitely stack up and break the MCs, then spread out again.

A final tip - if anyone in your raid has a warlock alt, get everyone healthstones before a pull, shouldn't take long to do so and the benefit outweighs the time drain imo. If you are still struggling with the EWCs, then have your Hyrdrid classes fully offheal for the duration - Boomkins with HotW make this a breeze, which I assume isn't an option in your comp? But obviously plenty of other classes are able to contribute - Prot Paladins can use Holy Avenger and spam Eternal Flames all over the place + put down Lights Hammers to run over or use Holy Prism instead for better burst healing; Ret Paladins have mad burst off healing with Selfless Healer/Lay on Hands/ could switch to Seal of Insight for a few seconds/Holy Prism or Lights Hammer; Ele Shamans can just start healing+ healing rain to run over etc etc.

Ignore the adds in P3 as you should only get 1 EWC, we choose to keep them spread out on the raiders that pick them up rather than having a tank do it, but it shouldn't matter too much either way.

Best of luck with the fight
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

P3 is a joke honestly, if you get there you will probably kill it if you do the first wave of adds well and MCs (you can just offtank the second adds that come at that point).

P2 is the tough part, I would hero there if you are having problems. You can use hero as a healing CD before that third whirling corruption or w/e if you want. Remember that when he's 10% and rping changing to his 3rd phase, don't stop attacking, He will end up with 20+X% of that health (I.E. if you get him to 4% before he goes into p3, he will be at 24%).

Deleted
    You should save Hero/Lust for last phase, and you'll be fine. Use tranq+other healing CD on first emp. whirling, 1 devo each on the next, make sure everyone is exactly 25 yards away from boss, and make sure they have appropriate personals in their spec. Only use them when if they drop - dont use them prematurely.

Good luck.

Deleted
    You are probably running around too much. A few key aspects from our kill (first ID):
    - run away from Garrosh. The farther you are away, the less dmg you get (don't run out of range tho, it may be handy to use some world markers to align positioning)
    - only move when you have a puddle below you
    - if there is no puddle below you, you can safely stay and heal (or dps the small adds)
    - make use of personal cooldowns (iceblock, cloak, barkskin, ironbark, astral shift, deterrence, whatever you have)
    - align 1 "minor" dps cooldown like devotion aura with 1 "major" healing cooldown like HTT, don't stack too many cooldowns - HS are indeed really nice here
    - you should not get more than 3 EWC in P2
    - two-heal the fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Sounds like it could be solved with smart raid CDs. You have 2 devo auras, healing tide, AG, rallying cry and demo banner for those which really shine when you can't plant and heal or stack up, they should be more than enough to get you through the empowers. We usually only get 2 in p2 and 1 in p3. Use you barrier/smoke bombs for the non empowered ones and then do a rotation like AG for first EWC, devo for 2nd, tide for 3rd, devo for 4th, etc (or whatever you deem the best based on # of empowered you're getting). You've also got the ability to have your druid HoTW tranq toward the end of the fight if you're running low on CDs. Empowered whirlings are annoying but with some good raid CD use they shouldn't be a complete block.

Also, check to see if your raiders are getting hit by the actual void zone the adds spawn out of, that's a ton of unnecessary damage.
    Can I just check - I've done it on flex and currently trying normal at the moment. I notice the purple circles - they just do damage don't they (they have no impact on the adds spawning)? The adds actually spawn from the whirlings mechanic and you have no control over the adds spawning? The purple circles are just extra damage to avoid?

Thanks for any advice

Monk Ring of Peace = GG MC

Deleted
    What got us a kill:

Prot pally, BM monk
    Disc priest x2
    SV hunter (on engineers), destro lock x2, rogue (not sure about spec, he switches often), frost DK, shadow priest.

We were all 560+ when we finally killed him though, wich resulted in all our DPS being rather high. We decided to 2-heal and got 2 empowered whirling corruptions in phase 2. The first one we spread and used some CD's and killed them quickly, the 2nd one came in at 11%. The boss transitionned as soon as the adds spawned, giving us time to deal with them.

At this point our BM takes the boss and holds him untill the next empowered whirling corruption (he'll be arround 7-8 stacks). Here our prot pally takes over and the BM starts picking up all the adds and kiting them. The boss dies before we get a second one in phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Can I just check - I've done it on flex and currently trying normal at the moment. I notice the purple circles - they just do damage don't they (they have no impact on the adds spawning)? The adds actually spawn from the whirlings mechanic and you have no control over the adds spawning? The purple circles are just extra damage to avoid?

Thanks for any advice
    Purple circles are what spawns the adds and do the extra damage
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?