Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    But then 2 tanks would be able to soak it always without any cds? Are you sure?
    No, because the debuff from the previous phase stays for 30 seconds, so even if it didn't ignore armor(we know now it does ofc) you would just kill the tank with roughly 150% increased damage taken.
    or well, not kill, but he would take same beating if solo-tanking
    Last edited by mmoc4077df5b21; 2013-10-07 at 12:16 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to necro a young but old post. Below is a link to logs for our frist Malorok kill this week, worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4e8afvpwdmhy9128/dashboard/?s=11776&e=12137 as you can see its totaly doable (solo soaking)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    I solo'd it on 10HC without the CDR or AOER trinket easily - self healed as well.

Remember that you've also got Sanctuary and Weakened Blows affecting the net damage taken. It's possible to do it without any externals whatsoever. On our first kill I also soaked the 2nd Blood Rage as well, with some externals that time (again on Heroic!).

Make sure you refresh EF once the damage gets going and as long as you can survive each hit you'll ping back up to full health. Grab a Vengeance tracking weakaura so you know when you'll be able to get a ridiculous EF up/

Calculation:

Link to spreadsheet (can download the template and plug your own externals in if needed):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Hope that helps Shows the timing I use and overlaps etc. Just remove the multipliers for the externals if you want to see net damage for purely your own CDs.

- - - Updated - - -

On Normal, having both tanks in for the 2nd one, even with the other tank on high Fatal Strike stacks, or both tanks on a few Fatal Strike stacks depending on whether you swap at 15 or a lower amount, that'd be fine too.

Still, if you tank swap as the first Blood Rage ends so the other tank will enter the 2nd Blood Rage on 0 fatal strike stacks, they should be able to solo it as well. It's fairly trivial with good CD timing!

If you are solo soaking BR, also absolutely no reason not to 2 heal.
    Snipped it form the Prot Paladin Guide thread - my response to a similar question there.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Got our first kill last night as well. I did the solo tank method in P1. Pop GoAK wait 2 seconds, pop protectors trinket...wait 8 seconds pop dp, wait 2 seconds pop AD. Make sure you hit EF when you need to because the healing is retardedly huge (I was top healing and 3rd dps). Also blow your cd's for maximum damage.

Second P2 I had to have the DK tank take the first 4 swings with me since my CD's weren't up yet (healers spammed the hell out of me and he ended up dying, but he served his purpose lol). WTB his trinket kkthxbai.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=579&e=936

You guys are way over complicating this... SotR + GoAK, when GoAK falls simply put on 20% DP and AD. You refresh your EF just prior to putting up DP/AD, or just after when you spike lower. You'll have a 510k rolling EF tick and can't die during Blood Rage. If you use your CDs and EF correctly you don't even need heals during BR.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here because everyone is over looking something fairly critical, I solo tank blood rate with about 30 stacks of fatal strike. One thing to note is you open with HA and DP and GoAK, what this does is you have your 20% from DP plus your other mitigation 5 seconds in pop your protectors trinket. At that point it will roll through to end end with a 500k+ hot from your DP tier bonus. From blood rage 2 simply swap your GoAK and protectors trinket timing always open with DP and use AD only if needed. You can call for externals if you need t but I usually am self healing for full hits between DP hot EF and SoI ticks

Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here because everyone is over looking something fairly critical, I solo tank blood rate with about 30 stacks of fatal strike. One thing to note is you open with HA and DP and GoAK, what this does is you have your 20% from DP plus your other mitigation 5 seconds in pop your protectors trinket. At that point it will roll through to end end with a 500k+ hot from your DP tier bonus. From blood rage 2 simply swap your GoAK and protectors trinket timing always open with DP and use AD only if needed. You can call for externals if you need t but I usually am self healing for full hits between DP hot EF and SoI ticks
    If you're going in to that phase with any stacks you're doing it really wrong. I'm also calling BS.

With the cool down structure you outlined in your post and 30 stacks you'd be taking 1,321,920 hits. Even with stacked stamina (sockets, trinkets) and a mastery over haste oriented gear setup you'd die on the second swing, even with shaman health, disc bubbles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    Sorry, that's just complete bullshit. 300% damage increase from 30 stacks means you'll survive as long as AD / tank cloak procs keep you alive. 2.8m x3 is 8.4m dmg per cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Sorry, that's just complete bullshit. 300% damage increase from 30 stacks means you'll survive as long as AD / tank cloak procs keep you alive. 2.8m x3 is 8.4m dmg per cleave.
    Maybe the stacks affect on blood rage is not so huge. One of my guild mates said there is a guardian druid solo tanked P1+P2, so it's possible, with huge cds I suppose.

Deleted
    Most important thing is keeping SotR up 100% (Do this by using Holy Avenger) and chaining CD's pefectly, to some extent overlap them by 1-2 seconds ^^

I wear the trinket from the Fallen protectors which makes solo-soaking a piece of cake My rotation is below, just note that whatever external CD's you have in your group should of course be used for ur advantage. In my group I have Barrier, Pain suppression and spirit link, and well..Barkskin. Everything helps ^^

CD ROTATION:

(Holy Avenger + Wings last nearly the whole phase - very crucial, save this and use them at the start of each phase)

BLOOD RAGE 1

0-5s:
    Guardian of the Ancient Kings + Power ward:Barrier + Barkskin

5-10s:
    Guardian of the Ancient Kings + Power ward:Barrier + Fallen protectors TRINKET.

10-12:
    Guardian of the Ancient kings + FP trinket + Divine Protection (Glyphed!!!)

12-20:
    Divine Protection + FP trinket + Spirit link + Hand of Sac. (From our ret, can be glyphed, not required)

(The spirit link is a bit overkill, but whatever works for you and your group. After killing him the first time I got more gear and know my limits much better - the first time you kill him though, just make sure you use whatever you need to survive the phase! Thats the important part.

BLOOD RAGE 2

0-8:
    Ardent Defender + Pain Suppression + FP trinket

8-10:
    Divine Protection+ FP TRINKET+Hand of Sac

10-12:
    Divine protection + FP TRINKET+ Guardian of the Ancient Kings + PW:B (Note your GoAK is now off CD together with Barrier!)

12-15:
    FP TRINKET+GoAK+PW:B

15-20:
    GoAK+PW:B+ Barkskin

Just my rotation, there are so many ways to chain CD's. It may seem a bit overkill, but for your first kill, you would rather be safe than sorry )

Hope it helped

/Fem