Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I thought the season pass was just for the content and didn't include any of the new characters?

Regardless, I got the GotY edition. It was worth the money imo. I gave my standard edition to my dad. =)
    Naw, I got the season pass when I bought the game but never purchased any other DLC. I have access to the Mechro but not the psycho, my level cap being 61.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Can someone give me a general mechro build for soloing? I plan to get into bl2 as I beat the first difficulty, but I feel like an outsider to my friends who all beat the hardest difficulty & hit 72. I really enjoyed mechro back when I played it a few months ago.

I've heard its pretty much just 6 points in the correct spots, then points anywhere else. Seems a little generic

What kind of weapons should I be aiming for? Whats the general strategy besides shooting. Etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Can someone give me a general mechro build for soloing? I plan to get into bl2 as I beat the first difficulty, but I feel like an outsider to my friends who all beat the hardest difficulty & hit 72. I really enjoyed mechro back when I played it a few months ago.

I've heard its pretty much just 6 points in the correct spots, then points anywhere else. Seems a little generic

What kind of weapons should I be aiming for? Whats the general strategy besides shooting. Etc

Mechromancer is probably my favorite character in BL2, partially because its so forgiving and easy to solo and partially because its so ridiculous. You're right about the 6 points though, basically get Anarchy and Richochet Shots. From there its up to you.

Personally I chose to go down the Best Friends Forever tree long enough to get DT's Explosive Clap and the talent that extends DT's summoned time whenever you kill something, then went down Anarchy up until Death from Above. Some people like using Discord, and I take it so I can regen in a crazy fight, but I avoid DfA because it eats too much Anarchy and doesn't give me much bang for the buck. You typically pick guns with fast reloads and small clips to build up Anarchy quickly. When you get 400 stacks I get infinitely amused by Gaige's comments and how you can't hit an enemy point blank with a shotgun.

I looked up a bunch of builds and there are some good ones using the middle tree I saw demo'd on YouTube, but for me I just enjoyed the silly approach of Anarchy stacking + DT, and running around while firing wildly. I'm a simple man. =)

Hope this bump isn't bad considering this is the megathread...

But anyways I just got the Season Pass and other minor DLCs thanks to the recent Steam sale, so just had a couple of questions about them:

1. For the DLCs, can we play through them as much as we want and redo the quests and stuff? Referring to the old mini-campaign ones and the 3 new holiday themed ones.
    2. What mode is best for leveling beyond 50?

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Hope this bump isn't bad considering this is the megathread...

But anyways I just got the Season Pass and other minor DLCs thanks to the recent Steam sale, so just had a couple of questions about them:

1. For the DLCs, can we play through them as much as we want and redo the quests and stuff? Referring to the old mini-campaign ones and the 3 new holiday themed ones.
    2. What mode is best for leveling beyond 50?
    1. One per DLC, Per Playthrough.
    2. There is only one, really. Ultimate Vault Hunter. (I think.)

Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    1. One per DLC, Per Playthrough.
    2. There is only one, really. Ultimate Vault Hunter. (I think.)
    Aww that stinks...so that means if the DLC drops anything really good, I should wait until I'm at 70-whatever (the new level cap) to do it on like UVHM so I can get the best gear?

But if I just want to see the story/boss I can still go back to the easiest setting to check it out right? And it'll still be available on UVHM later?

the four main DLC's has different modes just like the main game does

Aww that stinks...so that means if the DLC drops anything really good, I should wait until I'm at 70-whatever (the new level cap) to do it on like UVHM so I can get the best gear?

But if I just want to see the story/boss I can still go back to the easiest setting to check it out right? And it'll still be available on UVHM later?
    I haven't done it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can go through UVHM multiple times.

you cant get that high without uvhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. UVHM isn't some kind of end game, it was added to allow players to grind up to the new level cap. You'll be going through it anyway, maybe multiple times. I stopped at 61 before I got new content and just did boss runs. Hundreds of them and I was barely into 63 by the time I felt like moving on.

Something that's sort of been skipped over is that once you defeat the boss in story mode at the end of a certain difficulty, it'll scale everything in that playthrough (including the DLCs) to the appropriate level cap. For example, when you kill the Warrior at the end of TVHM, everything in your game will be 60ish with raid bosses being 63ish. If you wait to do the DLC until after you've beaten the story mode, things in the DLC will be scaled to the appropriate level as well.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

What I meant was that I have UVHM unlocked, but that I should grind levels in it to cap before going to do the DLC on UVHM so everything is appropriately at the higher level since it scales right?

One thing I still don't really get is, according to the BL2 wiki page:

"Gameplay progress, including all missions, can be reset in game mode selecting screen."

But I don't even see that option...is it because I still haven't completed much in the main UVHM playthrough or what? And I guess this option on UVHM wouldn't apply to DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked but how is this game if playing solo? I know it's supposed to be awesome in multiplayer but non of my mates have this game and I'm thinking of picking it up to pass the time until the new games start coming out.
    Solo is amazingly fun and rewarding. Multiplayer is amazingly fun and rewarding. Do yourself a favor and grab BL2. I started getting into it just a few weeks ago and have already logged almost 150 hours.. seriously. It's unexplainably entertaining and fun.

Deleted
    Anyone know why settings keep on resetting if you restart or turn off the computer?

e: Uh, my level got a rollback as well. D:

Deleted
    Did you get the game on Steam? Could it be a cloud sync issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Did you get the game on Steam? Could it be a cloud sync issue?
    Yeah, got it on steam. Idk what cloud sync is. :/

Turn it off in Steam Settings -> Cloud. It uploads your saves to 'the cloud' so that theoretically you can carry on on a different PC....in practice it causes a hell of a lot of save game file corruption (Grid 2 / Autosport being prime examples)

15+ Year Old Account
    You could try to move Borderlands 2 folder from My Documents>Games (or wherever it is) to somewhere else, restart steam just in case, and let steam redownload your saves fully.
    Worked for me quite a while ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Turn it off in Steam Settings -> Cloud. It uploads your saves to 'the cloud' so that theoretically you can carry on on a different PC....in practice it causes a hell of a lot of save game file corruption (Grid 2 / Autosport being prime examples)
    Will I have to start over or will it transfer it to my computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Will I have to start over or will it transfer it to my computer?
    I think you have a local and cloud save file. The cloud is just a back up, however if your cloud save is different from your local save the cloud save will override it. The game assumes that the cloud file is the more up-to-date save, possible from another computer. So when it syncs it causes your last play session to be lost. (I'm not 100% sure on this, so I would wait for someone else to confirm it before you do anything). That's just how I think it works.

What you can do is put steam in offline mode and then run the game, and then when you exit it will make a local save file (If there isn't one already). Then turn off the cloud. Also, when you turn of the cloud storage all the data saved in it wont be deleted, it just wont sync.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-08-12 at 02:01 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Yeah, like the others have said, if there was a problem uploading a save to the cloud after you finished a session, then it might roll-back, but it usually checks which file is older, the cloud or the local one, and replaces the older file (that how sync usually works everywhere). It could actually be caused by clock issues on your computer. If the clock/date is wrong on your PC, then it could be confusing the cloud service as to which file is older.