Page 1 of 75
... LastLast

[Megathread] Steam Fall/Winter Sale 2013

Alright figured I'd go ahead and get the Steam started so everyone can chat about it in one thread versus multiple ones.

Wanted to mention I found this earlier: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/04/ru...-dates-leaked/ and http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png

Basically stating the following:

Autumn Sale: November 27th - December 3rd (coinciding with Black Friday/Cyber Monday)
    Winter Sale: December 19th - January 3rd

Not sure how true the dates are, but we'll see here this Wednesday. Either way are you prepared?

​Mod Notes: Don't post to beg for games*, memes, or anything else that can get you infracted.
    *You can try to trade with others if you want (try to use the
    Steam Trade Thread though) just don't go begging for someone to buy a game so you can trade them.

12/19/13 - 01/02/14 -- Metagame = Snow Globe Trading Cards - Details Here
    Full Size Pics of Snow Globes (For wallpaper or whatever use)
    Day 01 Winter Sales
    Day 02 Winter Sales
    Day 03 Winter Sales
    Day 04 Winter Sales
    Day 05 Winter Sales
    Day 06 Winter Sales
    Day 07 Winter Sales
    Day 08 Winter Sales
    Day 09 Winter Sales
    Day 10 Winter Sales
    Day 11 Winter Sales
    Day 12 Winter Sales
    Day 13 Winter Sales
    Day 14 Winter Sales
    Day 15 Winter Sales -- Encore Sale Only
    Compiled list of all games that went on sale and how many times, including Community rares

11/27/13 - 12/3/13
    Day 1 Autumn Sales
    Day 2 Autumn Sales
    Day 3 Autumn Sales
    Day 4 Autumn Sales
    Day 5 Autumn Sales
    Day 6 Autumn Sales
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-01-02 at 10:50 PM.

My wallet is ready this time. However my game library is not, because it's still way too big >.<

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wallet is not ready. Then again, I don't think there's anything I want to buy anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to pick up The Secret World for cheap. Other than that, I can't think of any either. Most of the games I want aren't out till next year.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ready. My wallet is ready. I'm not ready however is timewise. Only 24 hours each day Q_Q

Deleted
    Oh wow...
    If those dates are correct then the autumn sale will match up perfectly with my trip to Dreamhack.

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    I want to pick up The Secret World for cheap. Other than that, I can't think of any either. Most of the games I want aren't out till next year.
    I think it was recently on sale somewhere for $4.99, but I could be wrong. Either way I think it was on sale during the summer so it might be again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My wallet is ready this time. However my game library is not, because it's still way too big >.<
    I completely agree. I think my wallet is somewhat ready as I have some money still set aside from Summer Sale, but I have way too many games. I'll probably be sticking to the titles I mainly want unless some good Indie ones come up. They were the ones that got me last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    My wallet is not ready. Then again, I don't think there's anything I want to buy anyway.
    If it's similar to the Summer then I agree with you. It all depends on what titles they throw up this time. I'm hoping it's different than Summer's so I can actually consider getting some. Plus I know they'll do Trading Cards and I'll be a sucker for them. ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I think it was recently on sale somewhere for $4.99, but I could be wrong. Either way I think it was on sale during the summer so it might be again.

<
    Yeah, I missed the last one. Going to search for it. Been on the fence about it for a long time. Just don't want to spend $30 on something I might not like.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Pff.. just when I decided to save some money for a new videocard, this happens..
    Good thing I have almost everything already. There's some stuff on my wishlist, but that's mostly new games or those beta builds from greenlight games.

Obligatory

Was thinking about buying Van helsing just to kill time...I won't enjoy it much, nor will it last long, but hey its cheap and then I can atleast say I bought some game this sale...

/WTB interesting games.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Maybe go down the Indie route this year? I have done in the last two sales, and haven't been disappointed, Sure, some are a bit pap, but a lot of them are actually great games, and for a low price in comparision to some of the bigger titles
    Gonna have to definitely agree with this. I went into the Summer Sale (first time for a Steam Sale) going in with major companies and their titles and what I wanted. Someone mentioned in the Summer Sale thread some Indie titles when they were on sale and I grabbed them. The ones I got I haven't been disappointed yet. Granted some you don't get many hours in, but you can get a handful of Indie games for the price of even a major title on discount.

hell, I just spent 275$ on the rear admiral pack over @ star citizen, so I hope this sale will be as bad as the summer sale for me!

Oh.. I just ordered a new gaming PC yesterday. Was looking for something new to try out on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    My wallet is ready for a larger sale, but i dont know if my backlog is, oh well, cheap games is always good

Only getting at least -75% deals this autumn sale. The big sale is not even 4 weeks away, and time is rare until holidays.

I'm just hoping for games in my wishlist to be on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm off starting Wednesday for the rest of the week, just as the sale starts. I....think this is a sign...

I'll be watching it, but my wish list isn't all that big right now... most of what I want I either already have, or isn't out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This so much.

I'm gonna throw about 50-75 this paycheck into it, then I get paid again on the 20th & throw another 100$ in it. If I even spend that much...

DLC BUY ALL THE DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Maybe go down the Indie route this year? I have done in the last two sales, and haven't been disappointed, Sure, some are a bit pap, but a lot of them are actually great games, and for a low price in comparision to some of the bigger titles
    Just checked the games below your comment another guy wrote, and all I can think is....what? Is this for real?

Maybe I exspect to much off games...

Heres some off my main criterias:

No less than 100 hours off gameplay prefferd.

No first person view (I preffer wow styled camera or like most ARPGS)

No wierd 2d or indie like graphics.

No puzzle or FPS.

Maybe Im asking to much off games, wow having completely stopped me from enjoying games, but all I see now days are medi-core games that are a) A fun waste off time (Like Torchlight 2 witch I did enjoy - Just didn't last long) until it sits and collects dust or b) Something I look up on youtube and cringe, thinking what the hell...

It seems all I can enjoy now days are playing RTS Age off empires2...All I really play steadly, and Im not even getting much better at it than I was months ago really -,- Not a great RTS player.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO