Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Nostalgic memories before flying mounts were introduced!

I remember when i used to run from Stormwind to Westfall with my newly level 10 human paladin on Korea Beta. The run took ages, or it felt like it atleast. But i can still remember those epic fights with Hogger and other creeps around that area. The Defias Brotherhood looked so awsome with their red facemask and so on.

I even remember me trying to farm those 100gold to buy my first raptor mount on my lvl 40 mage which i created with fake id on US servers when the game launched. It took ages to grind in Western Plaguelands! I even remember seeing that first epic mount undeads can buy, i was OMG i will never get one of those. 1000 gold back then was TONS of money.

Do you have a really good old memory from back in vanilla? Before those flying mounts were introduced?

I tell you what....running everywhere till level 40, that was immersive. Maybe blizz should remove our ground mounts in WoD aswell?

I can't remember too many good memories, except there was more of a danger factor involved. Especially if you strayed into areas with massive level differences by accident when you were exploring. I remember the run through Stranglethorn vale kept me on my toes....and it was damn long.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    I tell you what....running everywhere till level 40, that was immersive. Maybe blizz should remove our ground mounts in WoD aswell?
    Yes please, it's only fair.

I remember 1000g being quite the grind.

Happiest day of my young life:

Deleted
    Thinking - thank fucking god i don't have to ride this slow ass mount anymore

Running through thousand needles aggroing all the centaur

Dont know why that memory pops up

Deleted
    there were no nostalgic memories before flying mounts were introduced.
    running on 2 legs was shite & so was running on a mount.
    just give me fooking flying.
    THE END.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like the fact that they force us to use land mounts before the level cap (atleast almost) with each expansion. Otherwise I would miss most of the scenery. Because given the choice between land and sky there really isn't one.

And really I kind of miss having to run around mobs or through them and fight for a quest or a node. Was it annoying? Hell yes, but far more engaging then flying over everything landing on the other thing you need and flying out.

The only way this is really going to irk me is when I can't do as much questing or farming when I have limited time to play. Otherwise who cares about flying.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hanging out in westfall chain running deadmines so i can dual wield cruel barbs on my rogue. they ended up lasting me till lvl 30ish.

i had the whole black defias set too, i was a badass mother
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    I remember on my warrior at level 40 getting my first mount then getting a group of guildies together and riding from Ironforge to Badlands together to go run Uldaman.

It felt so epic riding with a group of friends all the way. Flying and group finder took this away

Deleted
    running from stormwind to duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post

I can't remember too many good memories, except there was more of a danger factor involved. Especially if you strayed into areas with massive level differences by accident when you were exploring. I remember the run through Stranglethorn vale kept me on my toes....and it was damn long.
    Haha this made me smile, the memories of STV

I so hated all the tigers and gorillas!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still remember running through Wetlands has a Night Elf to get to Ironforge or Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post

OMG 2k you were considered rich back in TBC.

Deleted
    exploring. Going where you werent supposed to go. Epic shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the hellish run from rebel camp to booty bay sums it up for me. Tigers, gorillas, trolls, raptors and the stealthing panthers! And if that wasn't enough, escaping from the masses of mobs chasing you through the jungle with approximately 10% health left, only to be slapped across the face by some passing horde. And so the journey starts again, only in ghost form. Zzzzzz. Those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    For me the hellish run from rebel camp to booty bay sums it up for me. Tigers, gorillas, trolls, raptors and the stealthing panthers! And if that wasn't enough, escaping from the masses of mobs chasing you through the jungle with approximately 10% health left, only to be slapped across the face by some passing horde. And so the journey starts again, only in ghost form. Zzzzzz. Those were the days!
    In ghost form lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Epic memories there!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post

<snip pic>
    I just spent like a week or 2 in un'goro killing devilsaurs and making that devilsaur armor all the rouges wanted got me lots of gold.

I spent so much time running around in places i wasn't suppose to.

Pic is looking down on to the empty space behind AQ20/40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running everywhere before 40 was fucking fantastic!

Or not. I don't have any nostalgic memories. Only thing I remember is that is was a pain in the arse. Much better now days. You should be able to buy a mount at level one but.
    Aye mate

wall jumping!!! I exploited the shit out of it. And whenever I found a new trick I brought guildies so we could explore together. I remember getting into Hyjal and summoning everyone there. Was a hero for a day =)