Poll: Do you prefer Dailies or Timeless Isle?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Timeless Isle was just made up garbage content they flung together to use as a catch up mechanic. I hope we never see its like again. Both are dull but i would take daily quests over some small Isle you grind and grind and grind....

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked dailies but I would love a combination of both. Timeless Isle offers exploration, grind, and rares/chests which are all very fun. But I like dailies because its something to do everyday. I know they have a couple dailies but I would have liked to see about a 6-7 random dailies a day. I really enjoyed the Isle of Thunder because everyday was different so to me it didn't feel like a repetitive grind and they didn't lock out to much stuff like when MoP first started.

Dailies and TI serve the same function, but TI's advantage is that it provides a little more variance, and allows players to sort of set their own difficulty level, if you will. Want an easier time acquiring stones? Camp turtles. Want tougher encounters? head up and over the bridge, or further.

So I'd probably prefer how TI works over dalies as they've been presented so far.

You have to be more specific. This would be my order.

Domination point
    Thunder Island
    August Celesitals, Farm dailies
    Timeless island
    Klaxxi, SP.
    Icepick myself in the eye
    Golden Lotus.

The problem with MoP at launch wasn´t the dailies, it was the golden lotus dailies for a number of reasons. There were some individual quest problems ( those imp-barrel quest) along with tagging issues blah blah.. The golden lotus dailies were terrible, and then add on top of them, at the same time.. klaxxi and SP which also weren´t really fun either.

The problem is players here don´t give good feedback. All we did was yelled ´OMG, I hate these dailes´ instead of thinking about what the little things were we hated.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2013-11-27 at 05:55 PM.

what???????????
    people complained so much about dailies and now dailies are on top of the chart..............

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    what???????????
    people complained so much about dailies and now dailies are on top of the chart..............
    Dailies are OK if they're not mandatory. Hell, I only really play to raid, and I don't mind a bit of dailies here and there. People complained about dailies because we *had to do them* to access a large amount of content. I didn't mind the anglers or cloud serpent dailies because I didn't have to grind them when I didn't want to (short of the raft being required for H-Sha of Fear or when I needed lesser coins for the week.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    what???????????
    People got burned out by doing ALL the daily's at the beginning of the expansion.

Saying that I think Domination point was the best way to do daily's, gave me something to look forward too.

Both have their merits. I like having a directive and I like being able to go and do whatever I want and still get rewards, but I can't just wander around hoping to find something. If there were dailies on the Timeless Isle, that would be great as it would allow for people to get a quest and head in that direction and then get sidetracked by a rare mob, or a treasure chest or whatever, and then get back on to their "main" objective of the dailies.

Dailies give me a reason to be in an area and do something, simply wandering around hoping I find a rare or get a treasure chest is not reason enough for me to go somewhere in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    The perfect mixture is the Firelands daily Hub we had in 4.2 in cataclysm. PERFECT . I really wish blizzard would do a similar thing to that. In fact im gonna tweet them now.
    The Firelands daily hub wasn't a mixture of anything. It was just dailies. Do daliies A, B and C enough and you unlock dailies D, E and F, and then you do those enough and unlock dailies G and H.

Or, more appropriately, G and G.

The firelands molten front was beyond horrible.

Timeless Isle is one of my favourite features in MoP. I tend to stay there, mindlessly killing mobs and rares, just chilling around, despite having no real goal whatsoever. Currently got 13 unused Burdens.

However, Daily Quests could improve it a bit. Not a grind, just an optional addition for players who would like a clear goal to be there, or some sort of lore background.

Taking TI as an example, I imagine one daily quest for killing a rare, one daily quest for killing 20 elites (like now), and an additional chain, varying each day. For example, one chain could be given by Brewmaster Bo, who would require you to collect ingredients for his special brew from various spots/mobs on the island. In the culmination you would have to defeat one of the Ordos Yaungols, who got attracted to the scent of a brew. Rewards: more Timeless Coins, and a bag which can contain a random Timeless item, or, rarely, a Burden. Or some other shit.

I really look forward to WoD if they plan to make more Timeless Isle style content.

I prefer Dailies to Timeless Isle. Quests and story are my main reason for going somewhere, not loot. Random events and random treasures don't do it for me.

I like them both equally. Thanks for leaving that out.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I don't get the mindset of whomever came up with Timeless Isle. It is the pinnacle of pointless, endless grinding. There's no story, there's no plot, it's just "here's a bunch of monsters and some will occasionally drop some gear." At least with Dominance Point, Isle Of Thunder, Molten Front, Isle of Quel'Danas, etc., there was a point to all of it.

Also, not a fan of whatever mechanic allows you to turn hostile to your own faction. Especially in an area that, to me, seems like it was designed to be a quick way to gear up alts and new players so they can see the newer content sooner. Just seems like a recipe for fully-pvp geared guys with 700k hp to have easy kills from 350-400k HP characters in quest greens and blues. Just seems like a giant "up yours" to newbies.

I know, I know "PVP server" and all that rhetoric, but do you really think that's a primary concern for a guy brand new to the game? No, their concern is going to be where their friends play. Or they'll click whatever realm Blizzard "recommends". Or they'll assume that there will be mechanics in place to prevent the really high-end geared players from taking advantage of the lowbies who have no real chance.

It's one thing if it's faction-vs-faction, as you can still create situations where your faction can (for the most part) play in relative peace (think Wintergrasp, Tol Barad or any realm with a significant faction imbalance), it's another to allow your own faction to gank you and camp your corpse with little-to-no repercussions.

"You can always do a realm switch". Sure, for $25 per character. For those with time invested and several max-level (or close enough) characters, it'll be financially prohibitive. Not to mention that, unless you can convince them to switch with you, you'd be leaving your friends and guild mates behind. For those who are new to the game, they just spent $50-ish to buy all the expansions to get them to this point. How many of them would consider either re-rolling or paying for a transfer? I would expect that, upon hitting max level and finding out that even their own "team" can kill them for sport, they might simply say "not worth the money" and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies FTW.... Timeless Isle is the biggest fail in the fail expansion...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I would prefer Timeless Isle, if it used the Guild Wars 2 system of mob tags being shared. Otherwise, I prefer the Isle of Thunder, with it's few dailies and rare mobs.
    Pretty much my thoughts too. Don't get why mob tagging isn't completely disabled on TI.
    Eh, I don't really get why it's in wow at all tbh... why is it still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    That will happen when both wildstar and teso fail horribly.
    FTFY /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    I don't get the mindset of whomever came up with Timeless Isle. It is the pinnacle of pointless, endless grinding. There's no story, there's no plot, it's just "here's a bunch of monsters and some will occasionally drop some gear." At least with Dominance Point, Isle Of Thunder, Molten Front, Isle of Quel'Danas, etc., there was a point to all of it.

Also, not a fan of whatever mechanic allows you to turn hostile to your own faction. Especially in an area that, to me, seems like it was designed to be a quick way to gear up alts and new players so they can see the newer content sooner. Just seems like a recipe for fully-pvp geared guys with 700k hp to have easy kills from 350-400k HP characters in quest greens and blues. Just seems like a giant "up yours" to newbies.

I know, I know "PVP server" and all that rhetoric, but do you really think that's a primary concern for a guy brand new to the game? No, their concern is going to be where their friends play. Or they'll click whatever realm Blizzard "recommends". Or they'll assume that there will be mechanics in place to prevent the really high-end geared players from taking advantage of the lowbies who have no real chance.

It's one thing if it's faction-vs-faction, as you can still create situations where your faction can (for the most part) play in relative peace (think Wintergrasp, Tol Barad or any realm with a significant faction imbalance), it's another to allow your own faction to gank you and camp your corpse with little-to-no repercussions.

"You can always do a realm switch". Sure, for $25 per character. For those with time invested and several max-level (or close enough) characters, it'll be financially prohibitive. Not to mention that, unless you can convince them to switch with you, you'd be leaving your friends and guild mates behind. For those who are new to the game, they just spent $50-ish to buy all the expansions to get them to this point. How many of them would consider either re-rolling or paying for a transfer? I would expect that, upon hitting max level and finding out that even their own "team" can kill them for sport, they might simply say "not worth the money" and quit.
    The censer PvP is great fun. If you are on a PvP server than you cannot complain about PvP, and if you are on a Normal/RP server then why are you flagged?

They're both dull, but I prefer traditional questing (dailies or not) over stuff like the Timeless Isle. Maybe I just don't get it, but I feel no sense of purpose when I'm there.

I liked dailies when they were still relevant, and I still prefer them over Timeless Isle. They gave you direction, provided a story and structure. TI is just a huge sandbox, and it has none of that, while at the same time representing a monumentally larger investment of play time to finish. Plus I'm about 900 dailies away from my 10k dailies achievement, and I want to finish it.

There was not an option to say "I like both", so if I had to choose, I chose dailies. I mirror those suggestions of a merging of the two in a format that avoid constant repetition.

Deleted
    Daily quests: I logged on every day, always had something to do. Was kind of nice, even if some of the daily quests were kind of boring. It also felt like you actually earned the lesser charms.

Timeless Isle: What am I supposed to do again? I kill Ordos and the celestial boss once per week, aside from that I don't even touch the place.