Poll: How do you feel about people playing under the influence of drugs?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Few weeks ago I was in a flex raid and there was some guy on ventrilo who sounded exactly like Leo of That 70's Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDE_Qn2zihA). Initially his voice was funny to me but he was actually very annoying.
    I'm still not sure if he was stoned or was just trolling us.

Anyway, I don't really care what other people do behind their PC as long as it doesn't bother me or others.

If you don't do something drunk it's not worth doing. I think Abraham Lincoln said that, like 90% sure.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    not to be an asshole, but weed causes none of those things. it can trigger conditions if someone has already developed them, so eventually it would have become apparent some way or another
    There's no guarantee they ever would have come up, that's kind of the point. The fact that it can trigger them at all when you have shown no symptoms or problems is a negative enough. To be clear, I never said it's the sole cause, it's a trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    But you can't really talk about them truthfully unless you've tried them...
    Except I have yet to meet a person who has used it and can talk about it in an unbiased way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Heh so many anti-drug brainwashed people around.
    One day you'll have to get out of that cocoon of ignorance build up by media brainwashing and understand that 90% of what today are called "illegal drugs" are less harmful than tobacco & alcohol or the toxic crap that gets pushed down your throat as "medicine" by the large pharma corporations.

Now back to the question at hand.
    Depends on the circumstance ofc. If you have a pretty important raid or something that requires total focus and performance, yeah I wouldn't want to have the tank or healers too stoned to do their job properly, but in other less important areas its pretty fun.
    I love leveling when I'm baked as shit. I'd start a quest in one area and wake up 2 hours later in the opposite corner of the world map.
    Oh jesus, you're one of those people that think Vitamin C cures cancer, aren't you...

Deleted
    98% of the time i play this game stoned. It's so better high. Not that you should do drugs kids! Stay in school!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Oh jesus, you're one of those people that think Vitamin C cures cancer, aren't you...
    The effects of Cannabis have been scientifically proven to slow and reduce the pain of cancer.

Deleted
    Sorry to say, but anyone who uses drugs for any other than doctor-approved medical reasons is a worthless idiot and a selfish pile of shit.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-11-28 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people playing drunk/high/X cannot resist banging on and on about it, I dislike it
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    98% of the time i play this game stoned. It's so better high. Not that you should do drugs kids! Stay in school!

- - - Updated - - -

The effects of Cannabis have been scientifically proven to slow and reduce the pain of cancer.
    What does that have to do with anything I was pointing out? Is weed on your mind so much that you connect it to every conversation?

Deleted
    There's no guarantee they ever would have come up, that's kind of the point. The fact that it can trigger them at all when you have shown no symptoms or problems is a negative enough. To be clear, I never said it's the sole cause, it's a trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Except I have yet to meet a person who has used it and can talk about it in an unbiased way.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you know he's right?
    1.) A pure MDMA Crystal is less harmful then Alcohol and Tobacco if used correctly (100-150mg, drink much water, thats all).
    2.) Controlled drug use is okay. Im not speaking of Heroin, Crystal Meth or Crocodile, those are pure shit. You aren't addicted if you do some mdma. You dont even have a "need" for it after you used it. Same with Amphetamine, pure Amphetamine and you're ready to go. Nothing harmful if you don't do it every day.
    3.) My Girlfriend hat huge problems with some nerves between her rips. The Doctor gave her medicine. Guess what? She got stomachbleeding, cysts in her stomach because these were "side effects" of this "medicine"

And to close my speech, every person here who's against MDMA, LSD, Amphetamine haven't even used them and don't know how it works, what it does, and stil they hate them. Why? Because they think you do them and lie around with aids and hepatitis in a dark corner.

€: I don't count marijuhana as a drug. I believe in germany there are more stoners than alcoholics. Every Teenager "FUCK YEA IM GONNA SMOKE POT"
    - Fucking Marijuhana
    Last edited by mmoc5f76ab2d3b; 2013-11-28 at 11:30 AM.

One day you'll have to get out of that cocoon of ignorance build up by media brainwashing and understand that 90% of what today are called "illegal drugs" are less harmful than tobacco & alcohol or the toxic crap that gets pushed down your throat as "medicine" by the large pharma corporations.
    Because 10 years it takes to get out 1 medicinal compound is good business if it didn't actually work?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    What does that have to do with anything I was pointing out? Is weed on your mind so much that you connect it to every conversation?
    Yes. Actually it is. You think so little of me because of what i do, not who i am?

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Yes. Actually it is. You think so little of me because of what i do, not who i am?
    Well, that's a shame.

Uh... dafuq is this thread about again?

Um...okay, as long ax they dont wreck the raid or break up the RP.

guys, I'm like..so high LOLLLLLL XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Bingbongbrothers View Post
    Don't you know he's right?
    1.) A pure MDMA Crystal is less harmful then Alcohol and Tobacco if used correctly (100-150mg, drink much water, thats all).
    2.) Controlled drug use is okay. Im not speaking of Heroin, Crystal Meth or Crocodile, those are pure shit. You aren't addicted if you do some mdma. You dont even have a "need" for it after you used it. Same with Amphetamine, pure Amphetamine and you're ready to go. Nothing harmful if you don't do it every day.
    3.) My Girlfriend hat huge problems with some nerves between her rips. The Doctor gave her medicine. Guess what? She got stomachbleeding, cysts in her stomach because these were "side effects" of this "medicine"

And to close my speech, every person here who's against MDMA, LSD, Amphetamine haven't even used them and don't know how it works, what it does, and stil they hate them. Why? Because they think you do them and lie around with aids and hepatitis in a dark corner.

€: I don't count marijuhana as a drug. I believe in germany there are more stoners than alcoholics. Every Teenager "FUCK YEA IM GONNA SMOKE POT"
    - Fucking Marijuhana
    Ecstacy, marijuana, and LSD. Those are the only drugs with any support for having SOME kind of medical purpose (ecstacy and LSD for use in trauma/psychiatry and marijuana as a painkiller and nausea reduction agent, of course, not smoked since that is still not great for you). However, you still have heroin, meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, inhalants, krok, angel dust, and of course the 'big pharma' drugs that are illegal without a prescription (kinda contradicts his point too since those make up a decently large portion of illegal drug possession). So still a majority of illegal drugs (non-pharmaceutical) are not 'better than alcohol and tobacco'. He is not correct, 90% is much too high and represents a vast majority being 'better for you'.

PS: Marijuana is indeed a drug. It's not about what you consider it, there is an established medical and scientific definition. THC is included, as if caffeine, aspirin, and a number of other legal substances.

EDIT: Forgot to address your third point. Yes, many medications have side-effects. The whole point is the benefit of the medication outweighs any side-effects or chances of side-effects. Not sure what you're trying to imply here, every drug has side-effects. For example, aspirin has a danger of causing stomach ulcers and GI bleeding (and that's something fairly natural too, derived from Willow Tree bark). There are problems with backed up medical systems that lead to doctors giving medication too freely but that's not a problem with the drugs.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2013-11-28 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    almost all are lying, OMG GUYS IM SO DRUNK AND HIGH HUEHUEHUEHEU IM A COOL GUY HUH ?

Annoying
    as
    hell

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    God I hate this thread so much. So much to the point where I had to find my password go through all those steps just to point out the flaws in this thread. One those saying alcohol is not a drug stop right now rethink what you said then smack yourself on the head. For those of you bashing the use of marijuana you can smack yourself as well. Millions of people use it for medical reasons some life threatning reasons. I personally use it for insomnia. Don't go tell me to take ambien or a sleep aid because you get dependency off those I know I had sleep aid dependency for years it was awful. I also use it recreational I like the high it gives me. No its not because I can't handle life it just makes WoW a lot more enjoyable to me. O hey guess what I was a hardcore raider and PvP'er for years while smoking I have hit 2500 in Arenas as well as top ranks in WoL for Resto Shaman. All while smoking weed. Its an enhancer imo and every good PvP'er I have run into over the years, well not every but most smoke weed.

Who are you to say what we can do. Alcohol and Cigarettes kill more people in a minute then weed does in a year. In fact the only way someone can die on weed is if they are a moron and do stupid shit, and even then they probably would have done that stupid shit sober because they are stupid. Someone smoking weed in their home playing a video game has no effect on you what so ever. Even if they do poorly at something how do you know it the weed? I have played WoW high for 6 years and people know when im sober because I do a lot worse.

I also saw someone who said they would g kick them if they found out they did drugs. Hey guess what I don't want an intolerable person like you as my GM anyways. I also saw someone bring up a good point. When most of us smokers say hey one second rolling a joint or let me pack a bowl we are seeing if anyone else has interest in smoking were not yolo420blaze it kids looking for attention. Its a lot more awkward if we just hope in vent and be like WHO HERE SMOKES WEED BECAUSE I DO!

In fact I would pay good money to see another resto shaman outheal me in a raid while im toking because I always outperformed our healers when smoking.

So really all of those who look down on me keep doing so because I am enjoying my life every day with this amazing plant god gave to me.

PS I don't agree with getting drunk in raids from personal experience but I know people who can handle it.

EDIT: I bet all of you who voted I hate drugs entirely are too dumb to realize the bottle in your hand is killing you faster then the joint in mine so please enjoy that liver disease. Also inb4 lung disease because I purely vape and eat edibles with the occaisonal Joint on a holiday or special night.
    If you do it without me finding out, I wont call you out for it or anything. But if I know, I would still choose to not associate with you anymore. This is my personal choice, and my own morale tells me to just avoid drunks, drug addicts, stoners, criminals, and all that shit.

If you use the drug as a prescription for medicinal reason of course I won't judge. But if you take them by choice, I will.

Deleted
    "Herp derp my drugs are less harmful than something else!"

...that "argument" is so full of retardness. Drugs still remain shit. And yet those dumbass drug addicts/apologists dare to call others brainwashed, while they are just repeating and copy-pasting the same old crap as all the other idiots; so much for "independent thinking"... Those dipshits do need a massive load of self-deception of course.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-11-28 at 11:55 AM.

We used to raid three times a week with a guy who smoked a lot of pot and had wife and three kids. The pot didn't seem to affect him. He was a nice and funny guy, and was very lucky with his spouse apparently. Either that, or it's up to the mother to raise the children in the UK.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Ecstacy, marijuana, and LSD. Those are the only drugs with any support for having SOME kind of medical purpose (ecstacy and LSD for use in trauma/psychiatry and marijuana as a painkiller and nausea reduction agent, of course, not smoked since that is still not great for you). However, you still have heroin, meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, inhalants, krok, angel dust, and of course the 'big pharma' drugs that are illegal without a prescription (kinda contradicts his point too since those make up a decently large portion of illegal drug possession). So still a majority of illegal drugs (non-pharmaceutical) are not 'better than alcohol and tobacco'. He is not correct, 90% is much too high and represents a vast majority being 'better for you'.

PS: Marijuana is indeed a drug. It's not about what you consider it, there is an established medical and scientific definition. THC is included, as if caffeine, aspirin, and a number of other legal substances.

EDIT: Forgot to address your third point. Yes, many medications have side-effects. The whole point is the benefit of the medication outweighs any side-effects or chances of side-effects. Not sure what you're trying to imply here, every drug has side-effects. For example, aspirin has a danger of causing stomach ulcers and GI bleeding (and that's something fairly natural too, derived from Willow Tree bark). There are problems with backed up medical systems that lead to doctors giving medication too freely but that's not a problem with the drugs.
    Ofcourse Marijuana is "listed" as a drug, even sugar can be a drug. But in my point of view I don't accept those "drugs" as drugs. I know that it's not correct in terms of law and addiction, but it's just my view of it.

Also I guess that those 90% weren't meant to be "serious" - Hyperbole anyone?

Ofcourse you shouldn't even touch heroin, meth, krok, angeldust and so on but it's the fault of these drugs that those "good" drugs are in such a bad light.
    And again my opinion is, that if you consume LSD, MDMA or Amphetamine like 12 times a year you're better of than getting wasted in alcohol every weekend.
    I also believe that LSD and MDMA makes you a better person. Not on the drug itself, but with the "open mind" you've gotten, you have an other view on things.
    It doesnt make you instantly a better person. But it gives you the chance to find out who you are, what you want, and experience real love. It bonds you to the people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Sorry to say, but anyone who uses drugs for any other than doctor-approved medical reasons is a worthless idiot and a selfish pile of shit.
    Harsh...but agreed.