Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Definitely agree with the Thunderstorm spell being on Enhancement too.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a pvp aspect I think the most clunkiest spells are maelstrom weapon and searing totem. But I dont agree on the change for maelstrom. It shouldn't be removed only changed to a higher number of stacks we can gain. Possibly 7-8 and still takes 5 for an instant cast. Searing totem is just clunky. I dont like to continually drop it when i have to move. Also I would like Enhancement to have a reset button (ice block, evasion, deterence ect.) but thats asking for too much

Thunderstorm for Enhance? No. Wouldn't work well for Enhance to have a knockback, we can't get back on our target as quickly as say a feral, who also has a knockback.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2013-11-27 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Depends on the distance of the knockback.

Warriors are fine with Dragon Roar

Plus it would have benificial for the Galakras fight

Deleted
    These "Lightning charges" would be an interesting secondary resource if Blizzard ever decided to add one, many classes are getting the secondary resource treatment, the lightning charges would make sense to be ours.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Depends on the distance of the knockback.

Warriors are fine with Dragon Roar

Plus it would have benificial for the Galakras fight
    Warriors are fine with Dragon roar because they have 271603487 ability to reduce distance between them and their target
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    I'm NOT going to talk numbers, but merely mechanics. There are far better mathematicians out there then me.

REMOVED

Magma Totem
    Earth Shock
    Fire Nova
    Healing Storm glyph
    Flametongue Weapon
    Frostbrand Weapon

EDITED

Maelstorm Weapon: Renamed to Lightning Charge.

Totems: Has a Ragnaros type, re-summon, engulfing the totem automatically when you run out of range. (Different visual for different element.) Can be used while silenced. (Seriously Blizzard)

Shocks: Flame Shock and Frost Shock no longer share cd.

Lava Lash: Will now apply to mainhand weapons, rather then off-hand. (The option to make 2-hand viable. Visual will be more fiery!)

Good

Stormstrike: Now increases all damage done by nature spells by %

Make it do like 125% weapon damage and activates a buff that increases nature damage for like 10 secs.

Flame Shock: DoT will now apply Searing Flames per tick. (Visual will be more fiery!)

Actually a good idea.

Static Shock: Will now also apply Lightning Charge.

Ok...

Lightning Shield: Will now visually grant a additional orb depending on Lightning Charge.

Windfury: Will now be passive and over-ride all enchantment visuals affects.

Searing Totem: Will no longer apply Searing Flames. Small Fire Elemental works on the totem making it progressively doing more damage before it expires. Lasts ? seconds, ? c/d (Unsure, but I like the idea of a fire elemental upgrading or working on the totem to empower it. Maybe even being able to drop 3 down at once.)

Thunderstorm: Elemental got Shamanistic Rage, we get Thunderstorm.

Ascendance Glyph: Now your character doesn't transform but visually parts of your body have an elemental effect. You will still be noticeable in pvp, but no more crappy Cata model. (I would like to make this default, but I'll sit on the fence)

Fire Elemental+Earth Elemental: Share the same c/d, no more trying to push earth elemental out to max dps. Earth elemental is used more for solo, fire elemental for damage.

Astral Shift: Now usable while stunned.

NEW

Lightning Strike: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, melee range. Single-target DD. (Lightning Bolt will remain for Enhancement, but dps should only use during range + movement phases.)

Make it do like 250% weapon damage and grants 1 lightning charge. Give it a 6 second cooldown.

Lightning Implosion: Only useable with 5 Lightning Charges, pbaoe. (Similar to Fire Nova but more damage, controversial because I know how much people enjoy chain lightning, me included. But I'm thinking it should be more Elemental spell.)

Maybe make it do a % of extra damage per stack of lightning charge

Disintegrate(or Discharge): Only usable when enemies are below %, takes both Lightning Charges and Searing Flame charges in to a devastating attack. Melee-Range.

This was my idea a while ago. but regardless, its a sick idea. This would force players to apply flameshock and to get their orbs if they want to execute.

Warp: In a flash of light move ? yards of your chooice, area effect location. Useable while stunned ? cd

This sounds like a mage move. The only gap closer that enhancement could maybe look good with, would be a talent that teleports you to your nearest totem.

Flame Shock Passive: Chance to reset Lava Lash and gain 5 searing flames. (Tier Copy)

Lightning Charge: Enpowers per-charge all nature spells by %. (Lightning visual to be expelled and Lightning Shield orbs go back to 1, charges effect healing)

Maelstrom Weapon: Applies Flametongue and Frostbrand to your weapon. (If you choose to dual-wield, has the advantage of additional weapon)

Wrath of the Air Totem: The winds push targets away in the direction of your choice by % and speeds the ally characters running in the direction of the wind by % (CC type, buff ability)

Stoneclaw Totem: % hp, Absorbs attacks for ? seconds, if destroyed stuns the target for % seconds. (Still thinking about this)

Let me know what you think. Please do not flame, I know some of my ideas are far-fetched and CC in the game needs toning down.
    Overall a really sick idea. Enhancement is a mess right now and if anything we need this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    These "Lightning charges" would be an interesting secondary resource if Blizzard ever decided to add one, many classes are getting the secondary resource treatment, the lightning charges would make sense to be ours.
    I thought this way too, but after doing some endgame with other classes in MoP, I come to the conclusion that I like it more that we don't have a secondary resource like other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Warriors are fine with Dragon roar because they have 271603487 ability to reduce distance between them and their target
    To be Honest, Dragon Roar don't need any of the abilities to reduce the distance, but then again, a knockback with that distance isn't very fun either.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Nice ideas to add to our kit but the Loss of LB,CL, FN wouldnt be comfortable. As it makes the rotation completely static without the current Maelstrom Weapon. Lightning charges would be a nice addition to activate a new ability or two in addition to our current abilities tho, but thats just me liking to press lots of buttons in rotations.
    Last edited by Swiftninja; 2013-11-28 at 05:50 AM.

All I'll say on this, as I've argued it to death in the past is. If it was "broken" it took them a fucking long time to fix it.
    Okay? So? It's taken them a long time to fix a lot of things. Maybe it wasn't enough of an issue until a certain totem in a certain situation really made them realize they had to remove it. Maybe it was always an issue and they had it on a list but it wasn't a super high priority until people started complaining. Broken is broken, it doesn't matter if it takes a day or a year. There are tons of events in history where horrible things were allowed to happen for years and years and decades until they were finally stopped, doesn't make them any less horrible. That's not a justification at all, and if your only point is that along with the word "broken" in "quotes" then there isn't much of an argument in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Okay? So? It's taken them a long time to fix a lot of things. Maybe it wasn't enough of an issue until a certain totem in a certain situation really made them realize they had to remove it. Maybe it was always an issue and they had it on a list but it wasn't a super high priority until people started complaining. Broken is broken, it doesn't matter if it takes a day or a year. There are tons of events in history where horrible things were allowed to happen for years and years and decades until they were finally stopped, doesn't make them any less horrible. That's not a justification at all, and if your only point is that along with the word "broken" in "quotes" then there isn't much of an argument in the first place.
    It was only changed because of resto shamans being able to survive silences in pvp with spirit link / healing tide / others - and being FOTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    looks good, but it won't happen

Totems are spells, period. It doesn't matter if you push the button and the spell flies out of your hand, or you push the button and the spell flies out of a totem, the same thing is happening. Totems while silenced was just unfair; and my Shaman was my main for years. And I PVPd, which is where it's obviously an issue (don't get when raiders say its not a big deal, of course it's not for you a majority of the time!)

I bitched about wanting totems while silenced too, but I realized I wasn't doing it because it was unfair or broken, I just wanted the convenience and had gotten used to it. When I came to my senses I did realize that it was a perfectly legitimate change. If a druids Lifebloom was changed to
    Actually, totems are magically imbued objects, just like our imbued weapons. A totem is imbued with a spell before usage, and activated after dropping it, which is a physical act. Totems can not be dispelled, like spells, but can be attacked, like physical object => no spells.
    Furthermore, totems were a huge lump of disadvantages even before the silence nerf:
    -They are immobile. Except totems, few abilities in the game are immobile, and usually that's because they are aoe effects (aoe dmg or snare). Immobility is especially horrible when having your elemental pets out, but are forced to move a lot.
    -They can be easily destroyed, which is far worse than being dispellable, because not everyone has offensive dispell, and those who have cannot usually chain spam it. Everyone can oneshot the majority of our utility, wether through autohit, ordering a pet, wanding, or a instant cast spell.
    -They are restricted in that you can have only one active per element. Outside of totems, there are few abilities in the game that exclude each other. This makes synergy between totems very restricted, and feels like poor design.

-As if all of these drawbacks weren't enough, blizz decided to judge attackable sticks as to hard to counter, and made them unusable while silenced.

There is no class mechanic in the game worse than totems. Period.
    If they were spells, like you say, the silence nerf would've followed the change to make them an effect on the character (which would mean they would be unattackable, but dispellable, mobile, and unrestricted by elements).

The three original drawbacks (plus totems working only in your 5-man group, even in raids (this was removed during wotlk beta, I think)) were implemented in vanilla with totems original design in mind: long duration effects and no cooldowns. Destroying a totem wasn't bad, because you could replant most of them. Elemental restriction was justified, because having like 15 long duration group buffs at the same time would be totally op, same with immobility.

None of these three restrictions were lifted or altered in any way since vanilla, despiute totems changing from long duration/no cd to short duration/cd abilities, in other word: utility cooldowns, just like a rogues.
    Note that in comparisson to our utility, a rogues' is mobile, undispellable AND unattackable, unrestricted by elements (or a rogue-matching restriction) and usable while silenced, in other word: not a single disadvantage.

In short: Rogues have excellent utility, while ours is crappy.

Totems are the least convinient package for utility in game, and it was a kick in the shaman nuts (with run-up) by blizz that after 7 years or so of totems getting gradually weaker in comparisson with other stuff, to be nerfed some more, obviously with nothing so much as the slightest thought that totems were already in a bad spot. Talk about knowledge of a class.

Totems are NOT spells. They have a unique design, but the only thing unique about them nowadays are their misplaced, outdated disadvantages. Their advantages faded through homogenisation more and more in the betas.

One such advantage was grounding totem, which in its original form could continously eat an harmful enemy spell as long as it was not one dealing damage (in that regard it was superior to spellreflect, while not reflecting a spell back, as well as having totem disadvantages = balanced. now it is just a weaker spellreflect with crap on top). GT being attackable was justified in that you had to do that to avoid getting half your spells eaten (and you could totally faceroll noobs like this, as you should be able to, if they are to dumb to destroy a totem). I remember a mage in alterac back then who tried like 5 times to sheep me. 3-4 were eaten by GT, one I interrupted by Earth Shock...and then he died, as I pummeled him to death slowly .

Another two were old Tremor and Cleansing Totem. The latter was removed, the former turned into a cd though.

Another was old WF totem, which allowed ridiculous dmg increase on melee allies (like stormlash for melees only, but 100% uptime).

Totems would need new unique advantages like above over other, similar abilities of other classes to justify their drawbacks. Or they would need a serious tool-kit making totem-handling a rewarding feeling.
    ...Or they would have their drawbacks homogenisized to other, comparable abilities (obliterating totems as unique abilities).

"You put a totem on the ground that heals the target for X every X seconds, and you can have three totems at once" the spell would effectively be exactly the same, so why allow that version to be cast while silenced?
    (1)Because it can be destroyed, (2)because it has a cooldown, (3)because it is immobile and (4)requires line-of-sight for the entirety of it's duration, (5)because it prevents other water totems from being used while it is up?
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-11-28 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

That's not a justification at all, and if your only point is that along with the word "broken" in "quotes" then there isn't much of an argument in the first place.
    All I'll say on this, as I've argued it to death in the past is.
    Don't be a dick.

Okay? So? It's taken them a long time to fix a lot of things.
    The game was released on November 23, 2004. The "broken", yes I will use "quotes", totems were fixed on November 27, 2012.

Now lets revisit Ghostcrawler's famous comments on the issue.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87111498035200

Oh and, scroll up one post for a good reason why the Totem NERF shouldn't have happened.

Honestly I feel like enhancement is the most entertaining spec I've ever played the only thing we need is to fix our clunky aoe that can only be us spread every 13 seconds.....How would I fix have fire nova explode outward from yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Winchesta08 View Post
    Honestly I feel like enhancement is the most entertaining spec I've ever played the only thing we need is to fix our clunky aoe that can only be us spread every 13 seconds.....How would I fix have fire nova explode outward from yourself
    If you entirely disregard pvp, then yes, fix aoe and enh is fine (fine =/= perfect, as that would depend on opinions about dps rankings, how much we should rely on cooldowns and wether or not we should remain without a real secondary recource).

As for pvp though, I can name you issues to no end (and yes, I've named them a hundred times already, I know).

-Totems are crap (as established in my above post).

-CC is weak.
    Hex has both a cast time, a cooldown, does not work against druids AND doesn't even take away the target's control, which makes it more a silence/pacify then a real CC. Bind elements only works on elementals, where warlock's banish also works on demons. And cpt is a crappy totem with crappy 5 second charging added. Shamans have among the worst of CC.

-Frostshock sharing a cd with FS/ES (esp for ele). Being unable to use your most potent kiting tool because it shares a cd with your two best burst sources...bad. However, it also annoys as enh, esp when considering how FS's dot may refresh LL's cd in WoD.

-Mobility is bad. Ghostwolf requires a glyph for the one aspect that made it a worthwhile ability for the first time, in wotlk (snare repressal). Aside that, GW is worse than travel form in almost any aspect: Dispellable, susceptable to beast CCs (like TF) AND poly (unlike TW), slower (30 vs TF's 40%), doesn't break movement impairing effects...it's only advatage is that it can be used indoors...which hardly ever comes into play in pvp.
    Outside of gw, enh has only a 1min cd talent for freedom, a 1min cd snare breaker sprint, UF:FB sprint (which is to punishing to use) and some snares (roots of talented instead of the only freedom effect). We're the only melee aside from rets (and rets have freedom in addition to their sprint) without an instant gap closer also. Plus, totems are stationary, doesn't make for good mobility.

-FB vs FT: Blizz just doesn't know what to do, though the sollution would be so simple: make FB enh only and FT ele only and design them for each spec, instead of tieing a dozen different things into FT, making it to strong in terms of dmg to pass up for FB utility we desperately need (same problem as with shocks, basically, only the main prob lies with enh here). This also carries over into UE and UF.

-MSW: while "fine" in pve, looking at how lb isn't more than just another source of damage, in pvp msw is a pain (for that matter, it never felt all that rewarding to use in pve either, considering lb's low damage and the time needed to fuel it, as well as the issue of hard casting with less than 5 stacks).
    Other classes simply do more damage for each cp-charge, why do we have increased cast time? It is so not suiting a melee spec. Ideally, nothing other than 5 stacks is an option, since casting resets the hit-timer or whatsitcalled.
    Also, Hex should be instant baseline for enh, considering the majority of melee-CCs are instant cast, which would take away a lot of msw's use for pvp (not mentioning how dumb it is having to sit on charges for crucial CC, giving up healing and dmg in the process.
    Not to mention that LB, among other spells, isn't really incorporated into enh. It is a make-do ele spell forcefully shoved into enh, there's no synergy with our spec.

-Searing Flames are redundant: ST stacks to max several seconds before LL's cd finishes. ALWAYS. What's the point? Might as well add the damage added through charges to the base ability and be done with it. Why tie our second-strongest hitting spell to a totem? It's retarded. I guess the best you can say about it is that it used to be even worse, when ST was a (dispellable) stack on the enemy, not on the shaman. Still, it is redundant and dumb. Why not have those charges applied through melee procs? That's how it is supposed to be for enh: melee procs.

-Reincarnation has 3 times the cd of both Rebirth and Soulstone, only 1/3 of the health upon usage and can only be used on oneself

Where do shamans excell in? Where indeed...
    Last edited by Omanley; 2013-11-28 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Lost it at Earth shock. Far too iconic of an Enhancement Ability to get rid of. That's like removing 50% of what made Enhancement Enhancement back in the day. Honestly, I love Enhancement. There is no need for an overhaul at ALL. Just some fixes to some of the mechanical flaws, as others have said. Personally, I'd LOVE for the Tier bonus that resets Lava Lash to be passive, and that's how Blizzard sometimes likes to test out spec changes before full implementing them, so it could be a good sign.

My only gripe about Enhancement is the way we work with Maelstrom Weapon. I hate casting spells (as in non-instants) as melee. I'd much rather Maelstrom Weapon to work more like a Retribution Paladin's Art of War. Or hell, you can rework Enhancement Shaman's usage of Lightning Bolt to work entirely the same way as Exorcism (make it instant, but have a cooldown, and set it at a high priority for Enhancement), but I acknowledge that that would gimp our already gimpy damage output for when we can't be in melee range. I personally wouldn't give a damn. I'm not a min-maxxer, nor am I in a serious raid environment anymore. But I can definitely see that NOT going over too well with those of you who are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Lost it at Earth shock. Far too iconic of an Enhancement Ability to get rid of. That's like removing 50% of what made Enhancement Enhancement back in the day. Honestly, I love Enhancement. There is no need for an overhaul at ALL. Just some fixes to some of the mechanical flaws, as others have said. Personally, I'd LOVE for the Tier bonus that resets Lava Lash to be passive, and that's how Blizzard sometimes likes to test out spec changes before full implementing them, so it could be a good sign.

My only gripe about Enhancement is the way we work with Maelstrom Weapon. I hate casting spells (as in non-instants) as melee. I'd much rather Maelstrom Weapon to work more like a Retribution Paladin's Art of War. Or hell, you can rework Enhancement Shaman's usage of Lightning Bolt to work entirely the same way as Exorcism (make it instant, but have a cooldown, and set it at a high priority for Enhancement), but I acknowledge that that would gimp our already gimpy damage output for when we can't be in melee range. I personally wouldn't give a damn. I'm not a min-maxxer, nor am I in a serious raid environment anymore. But I can definitely see that NOT going over too well with those of you who are.
    The Melee-caster hybrid is one of the cool and iconic things of the spec, I hope they don't remove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like any of these ideas tbh and I wonder why people still want an execute. I don't want to do less damage before reaching 20/30% whatever percentage is.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    I don't like any of these ideas tbh and I wonder why people still want an execute. I don't want to do less damage before reaching 20/30% whatever percentage is.
    As someone who don't use DPS meters, I do like the change in gameplay when my warrior can execute. But I don't really care if we get a execute mechanic, but if we get one, I hope it's some wind based attack