Poll: Are you with or against group quests for WoD

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    When he says mandatory and gives no context then I'll deal with it at face value. And even if he says "mandatory to finish quest line", I'll deal on a level of "mandatory to progress in game". Besides, that point is easily solved by having solo quest lines separate from quest lines that would be entirely group centric.
    Like I said, he gave no context, therefore your view is technically right as well, but then it comes to to the point he was obviously trying to get across. Questing in general isn't mandatory and common sense would tell anyone that, so it should've been quite obvious that he didn't mean it in that sense.

Besides, that point is easily solved by having solo quest lines separate from quest lines that would be entirely group centric.
    I feel this is the point he was trying to get across.

Deleted
    No they sucked big time

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    I think poll options are a bit weird and make no sense, when the question is ''are you with or against'' and the answers are ''yes/no'' O.o
    Personally am against, dead server, no people for group quests
    Yeeaaah.. I was about to click yes for being for group quests, and then got confused :<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Yeeaaah.. I was about to click yes for being for group quests, and then got confused :<
    I think the logic behind OP is yes for group quest, no for against, but the wording really don't make sense.
    To be fair, he did edit the post with what the options should be.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    EDIT: I apologize for the misclarification for the poll, it's more like yes, I'm with the return of group quests and no, I'm against the return of group quests. Would be better if a mod also moved this thread to the WoD section since it's more WoD related.

I would like a return of group quests but I feel they have mostly been replaced with powerful rares, marked by arrows on the minimap as in the Timeless Isle

If they made some of those significantly stronger than the soloable ones in Pandaria I would be pretty happy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkinfinity View Post
    But....if you wanted to achieve a certain goal like: get that last tank piece or if wanted to enter a dungeon/raid (attunement quest for example), you had to do some quests. And some of these quests were group quests. So if you wanted to achieve your goal, the group quest was mandatory.
    I left the latter part out because the discussion so far has obviously been about leveling experience, not end game. In any case, what attunements were out-door group quests? Was there ever any, because I only remember instance quests.
    Can you please read whole sentences instead of just small parts? I talked about achieving goals. I used examples. People also want to achieve some goals during leveling...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Personally am against, dead server, no people for group quests
    By the time WoD is released Connected Realms will be pretty common and any new situation when given realm is even considered half-dead will be immediately addressed.

So no worries there, mate. Group questing expresses primary MMO purpose - multiplayer interaction, it's pretty much core of the game. Definitely looking forward for more of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand the challenge argument, but as an altoholic I voted no. The group quests are fine as long as other people are trying to get them done as well. When you're leveling alts and everyone else has moved on though, they suck. In general I liked them because the rewards and xp were better, but getting people to do all of the Icecrown group quests, for example, a year into WotLK while leveling on alt # 8? Forget it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Not sure if I want group quests, but I definitely think they should finally use scenarios for what they initially said they would. They were supposed to replace group quests, but.. then they put them at the level cap, not while levelling.
    Yeah, I agree.

Instead Blizzard chose to let Scenarios replace Dungeons... that was really stupid. A lot of people think we have far too few Dungeons nowadays and Scenarios don't even drop loot. I don't know why, but they f*cked up.

Scenarios replacing group quests though? That actually makes sense. A group quest was usually the end of a storyline and involved a great challenge, so it's perfect for a Scenario of 3 players.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with those is that they were soloable from the get-go and when they added heroic scenarios they added ilevel requirement that made the next step soloable too.

It was nice idea but execution was fucked up.
    Group quests were hardly perfect either, took fucking ages to find a group if you didn't play at peak time. Never said the execution was perfect, but the concept is still there.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind group quests, but its a real pain in the ass to try and do them if you are coming late to the xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would quite like them back but not mandatory ones. Remember the quest chains you had to do to get Ogri'la? I'm not sure I'd want to see a return. The more I remember it the more I want it back but I know how much of a nightmare it was, maybe a shorter version. However, stuff like some of the SMV ones with regards to killing the horsemen of Karabor would be rather nice.

One thing I really do miss is the "Bounty" style quests. They had some in Dragonblight with the furbolg and the Magnataur, and if you did them then you had a really powerful item to use whilst leveling. There was enough other stuff around to make them not mandatory though. I wouldn't mind seeing those back.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Direction View Post
    Once your server is connected to another realm it wont be dead.
    My server has been connected twice now. The Horde population doubled. The Alliance population has seen no change.

"Realm connections will fix it!" = not reality.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Actually that's what happened in Cataclysm, the quest hub thing. In vanilla pretty much all quests were selectable from get-go unless they were mid-part of a questline (And vanilla had maybe 2-3 times in whole game when quest had separate branches even before contiuing themselves, they were 99% linear), all you needed to do was to hit a certain level. It seems you didn't play back in the days to know such.
    I did play back then, was awesome when you ended a quest area 1 level behind and had to creep half a level to unlock new quests. Or go on huge travels without a mount or flightpath (because mounts were expensive as fuck) to get to the next leveling zone, not to mention that quests after level 53-54 didn't exist fun times.
    Think there's a quest (iirc) in Hellfire Peninsula (tbc, first zone) where you're sent to kill a demon thing in the green pools area that required 3-4 people depending on skill, class and if you had a healer. The reward was a huge trinket for a leveling character, maybe it was TBC who brought along the group quests? Felt like there was a bunch in vanilla as well but you could solo most of them simply by kiting or taking your time.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    they just sucked later in the xpacks life cycle because at that point no 1 wanted to do them and most who were leveling alts either avoided them or got their guildie to help... and they had to be lucky for the latter

Group quests are simply quests that some classes can solo and some classes have to skip. If they actually make leveling take a good chunk of time it wouldn't be a bad idea, but generally group quests take more time to get a group than it is worth when you could probably level up again and be in the next zone in the time it takes to get a group together.

If you want harder quests though you should just say that. On my paladin most of the group quests were pretty easy in BC/Wrath, but were pretty close to impossible for some other classes to solo.(some were even easy for all classes) So group quests are not equal to hard quests.

What they need more of are quests that scale with group size. That way the content stays relevant even when not very many people are leveling any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I did play back then, was awesome when you ended a quest area 1 level behind and had to creep half a level to unlock new quests. Or go on huge travels without a mount or flightpath (because mounts were expensive as fuck) to get to the next leveling zone, not to mention that quests after level 53-54 didn't exist fun times...
    I played in vanilla too, but you could easily get the level 40 mount with a little prior planning, but you weren't going to afford it just by leveling up doing quests. A common strategy I used was farming the emerald whelpling pet in Swamp of Sorrows, you got plenty of mats and stuff while doing it and the pet would easily cover mount cost if you sold it on AH. There were a bunch of different strategies different people had, but you definitely had to plan ahead if you wanted it at 40.

Also unless you were one of the people who raced to cap, there was plenty of content in the 50 range. At least I don't remember running out of quests, granted you had to run all over the damn place, and even though there was stuff to do it still took a looooong time to level between 50-60. I think a lot of people skipped some zones entirely which is probably part of the problem.