Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cant kill General Nazgrim in normal mode

Hey me and my friends we formed a new guild we are not the best but we trying to clear SoO

our setup

tanks : dk and warrior
    healers : priest , shaman and pala
    dps : dk , warrior , ele shaman , warlock , hunter

Must of ppl 547 and less our holy pala 520 so yes we cant faceroll the boss

we always have trouble when the 3 adds start to spawn and have no problem with 2 adds

i assist hunter on rogue to slow him and warrior on mage always if they spawn and other dps prio shaman>mage>rogue>hunter

our tanks swap on 3 stacks

but when 3 adds spawn everything going crazy any tips or idea ? ( we are tanking the boss when he stand )

Do you mean heroic mode? Because the Hunter "Sniper" is only in heroic.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    I guess he means the ironblade as he hasn't stated that in his prio.

When he's not in defensive stance you could try tanking him where the adds spawn to get cleave damage on them and kill them faster.

Deleted
    You should have all your dps help on adds, save bl for 15% ish, where u can get double spawns on adds. Keep the stuns and interupts up. Its a DPS race and u need to burn the adds fast. Sometimes its a messy fight when he goes below 10% ish, and we have 5+ adds up. But at that pointwe just burn boss as much as we can and keep the stuns and interupts up.

As for your healing, its not a hard fight as a healer. so dont worry about ur pala only beeing 520, the problem sounds to be on your DPS

Thats how we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lookatmypet View Post
    I mean our hunter on rogue to slow him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toolt View Post
    You should have all your dps help on adds, save bl for 15% ish, where u can get double spawns on adds. Keep the stuns and interupts up. Its a DPS race and u need to burn the adds fast. Sometimes its a messy fight when he goes below 10% ish, and we have 5+ adds up. But at that pointwe just burn boss as much as we can and keep the stuns and interupts up.

As for your healing, its not a hard fight as a healer. so dont worry about ur pala only beeing 520, the problem sounds to be on your DPS

Thats how we do it.
    Will when boss is 30% he start spawn 3 adds so when we switch to adds we dont even have time to dps boss when they die after 2-3 sec he spawn next adds and ppl start dying in this point

If your DPS are having a problem killing adds in time, it sounds like a damage problem.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Deleted
    u should have enough time to kill adds and heal up until next wave come, how is the defensive stance stop dps going ? are u getting axes or anything at the sametime ?

also do u have a worldoflogs for us to look at ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    I guess he means the ironblade as he hasn't stated that in his prio.

When he's not in defensive stance you could try tanking him where the adds spawn to get cleave damage on them and kill them faster.

This is the worst advice I can possibly imagine for Nazgrim. Do NOT do this. Nazgrim WILL get healed by the Shamans in a progression group.

Once you have the boss on total farm, you can probably do it, but even then I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going specifically for rankings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    This is the worst advice I can possibly imagine for Nazgrim. Do NOT do this. Nazgrim WILL get healed by the Shamans in a progression group.

Once you have the boss on total farm, you can probably do it, but even then I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going specifically for rankings.
    yes, have your shaman root them in place or your mage and drop a ice trap and kill them where they spawn instead.

When 3 adds spawn you have him around 10% right? To start the fight off tank him on the far wall from where he spawns, then when he reaches 11% drag him to the big ass doors, have the tank with no stacks tank the boss, the tank with stacks pick up all the adds and just burn him. The 3 adds spawning act like a soft enrage and unless your dps is higher than it should be for your progression you won't be able to kill all of the adds in time and still get uptime on the boss. If this doesn't work and the shamans are healing, kill ONLY the shamans and burn the boss.

He'll only get healed by the Shaman if you keep the shaman in range. Perhaps you should've suggested that instead of throwing out the whole idea?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

That's why you take the shaman away, or move the boss when a shaman is out.

My best answer would be to /quit and delete the game. Normals are incredibly faceroll and with your Ilvl of 547, you already outgear the instance if people are playing up to the level they should be. Look at logs and link them here, that is the only way to tell you what is wrong.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-29 at 04:59 AM.

OP: It sounds like your DPS is probably an issue. No way to know for sure without logs, but that's my impression. Unfortunately, this is going to require that your players research their class and get better. That's usually out of the question for most guilds in your position, so just keep farming gear and hope for the best.

Good luck.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    My best answer would be to /quit and delete the game. Normals are incredibly faceroll and with your Ilvl of 547, you already outgear the instance if people are playing up to the level they should be. Look at logs and link them here, that is the only way to tell you what is wrong.
    Stop beeing a dickhead and GTFO, he is asking politely for help,

Flaming isn't tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-29 at 04:59 AM.

How can you get past Shamans but struggle with Nazgrim? Nazgrim is so much easier than Shamans :s Your dps must be very low, or they're just not paying attention to adds

10+ Year Old Account
    No, don't have the hunter on the rogue etc. Sure, drop a trap to slow him but you want all the DPS to focus fire adds IN TURN, not have one dps on this guy another on that guy, etc.

Shaman>mage=assassin, ironblade. For DPS with AOE slows do use them on the Assassin so the focused person can more easily kite them but make sure your DPS focuses each down in turn. If you can, group them so people can cleave, but don't just AOE them.

Nothing in normal you need to slow. Have every dps burn the Shaman and mages. They Must die. If people start dropping randomly, it sounds like the mage add is not getting handled. The mage add does a cast. The more often he gets the cast off, the harder it hits. So if you dont interrupt him, or kill him fast enough, people Will get one shot. The other thing that can instantly kill people (more specifically the ranged), is the rogue. Do not let him behind you at any time.

Another thing to note is the whole "swap at three stacks" gets hectic and can go so wrong. The timers are off on him depending on when he does a cast. Even when me and my ot taunted off perfectly, we sometimes got a 4th stack. Example, I tauned with my ot at 3stacks, and myself at 3stacks with less then 2seconds to go. He then casts sunder armor again and starts building my stacks higher. At that point, I learned that you really should wait for your stacks to fall off after the initial taunt at three before you swap again.

Also, you are on progression. Keep the boss at the door. Don't tank him anywhere near the shamans or where they spawn. Don't over complicate things by trying that. Just tank him where he starts and kill adds. Have your ot go and hold the shaman / warrior at a save distance. That shaman needs to die asap. Interrupt its heals. Once it is dead, then the tank who was tanking it can go to the boss.

Like others said, if you adds are not dieing in time for you to even attack the boss, you've got some dps issues. He will only spawn 10waves in normal. After that, well, you'll die to berserk. At 10% he spawns another wave of adds. At this point my guild lusts, and while the free tank holds the warrior / shaman, the dps burn the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nothing in normal you need to slow. Have every dps burn the Shaman and mages. They Must die. If people start dropping randomly, it sounds like the mage add is not getting handled. The mage add does a cast. The more often he gets the cast off, the harder it hits. So if you dont interrupt him, or kill him fast enough, people Will get one shot. The other thing that can instantly kill people (more specifically the ranged), is the rogue. Do not let him behind you at any time.

Another thing to note is the whole "swap at three stacks" gets hectic and can go so wrong. The timers are off on him depending on when he does a cast. Even when me and my ot taunted off perfectly, we sometimes got a 4th stack. Example, I tauned with my ot at 3stacks, and myself at 3stacks with less then 2seconds to go. He then casts sunder armor again and starts building my stacks higher. At that point, I learned that you really should wait for your stacks to fall off after the initial taunt at three before you swap again.

Also, you are on progression. Keep the boss at the door. Don't tank him anywhere near the shamans or where they spawn. Don't over complicate things by trying that. Just tank him where he starts and kill adds. Have your ot go and hold the shaman / warrior at a save distance. That shaman needs to die asap. Interrupt its heals. Once it is dead, then the tank who was tanking it can go to the boss.

Like others said, if you adds are not dieing in time for you to even attack the boss, you've got some dps issues. He will only spawn 10waves in normal. After that, well, you'll die to berserk. At 10% he spawns another wave of adds. At this point my guild lusts, and while the free tank holds the warrior / shaman, the dps burn the boss.
    This completely.
    Did this fight for first time other night in nirmal and I have to say for me seemed like easiest boss fight besides immersus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    How can you get past Shamans but struggle with Nazgrim? Nazgrim is so much easier than Shamans :s Your dps must be very low, or they're just not paying attention to adds
    We did shaman 3 tanks tactics and it work very well and easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

Yea the tank tips it happen to us and our tank learn they will only swap when debuff drops , do tanks need to tank warrior who do bladestorm ? and we kill him in def stance instead of wasting dps on him and if 3 adds spawn rogue/shaman/mage should we do the same focusing each one ?