Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I want Frost to be buffed a bit, we need more tools in self defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock4real View Post
    I want Frost to be buffed a bit, we need more tools in self defence.
    Only plate wearer in my raid, and I take FAR, FAR more physical damage on Thok than any other raider.

WTF.

The aoe at thok isn't reduced by armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The aoe at thok isn't reduced by armour.
    Would be nice if such things were in tooltips. DS just says physical damage so you would assume....

Either way, I still take more damage that those fragile, dress-wearing wimps. Plate wearers in general deal less damage and take more damage than wizards. Man this game is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Would be nice if such things were in tooltips. DS just says physical damage so you would assume....

Either way, I still take more damage that those fragile, dress-wearing wimps. Plate wearers in general deal less damage and take more damage than wizards. Man this game is fucked up.
    Nearly every relevant boss abilities dealing physical dmg ignore armor. Its just a matter of balancing raiddmg/tank dmg. The dmg would vary way too much depending on setup. That can and might change for WoD with fixed raidsizes for hc/mythic but for the current design its just an unnecessary variable for balancing encounter.

But as for our current survivability i consider it really good, atleast for PvE. With current gear death siphon heals for insane amounts and is compared to its healing a fairly low dps loss. For unholy at high mastery levels death siphon is even capable of surpassing scourge strike DpE with trinket proccs or is atleast even to SS.
    For Frost dw it is a bigger loss but as the spec is fairly spammy and consists of many frequent attacks so trading 1 or 2 HBs for death siphons sometimes is barely noticeable.
    Managed with proccs up over 400k crit heals (dmg crit of course as the heal itself can't crit) for frost and over 500k for unholy. Even without any proccs it can heal for about 80k non crit depending on gear and mastery level. With procs upp and death runes at hand you can basically heal yourself through everything that doesn't oneshot you. Combined with purgatory which is a second life if you didn't eat something like siegecrafter hc belt laser and you can free yourself too with siphon.
    Ams also for magic dmg and yeah ibf is well mehish.

We don't mitigate dmg but we can take one fatal hit and have really high selfheal on demand. Death pact is at higher gear levels no comprehension anymore and there are plenty encounter where you take higher dmg frequently. Also it has 40 yards range which is pretty awesome and no travel time.

I personally wouldn't cry about our surivability in particular, we might not have the best survivability type but used right its still very powerful.
    Movement and scaling (or better said the lack of constant solid competitiveness while raiding heroics/ very low maximum potential) is bothering me way more.

But for the point of caster taking less dmg than melees, yeah its a bad joke especially *cough* warlocks *cough*.

10+ Year Old Account
    fix this annoying scaling issue we are facing as the expansion comes towards an end and other classes get stronger and stronger, we just take a dive.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

For Blood
    • Blood Parasite is removed.
    • Purgatory And Lichborne Baseline for Blood.
    • Remorseless Winter is no longer completely useless and often times a self written certificate of death.
    • Death’s advance now makes you move at +75% movement speed for 5 sec
    • Rune tap now costs two blood runes and has a 10sec cooldown and heals for 26% of your maximum health. They return as Death rune's.
    • Vampiric blood Is removed.
    • Glyph of Vampiric Blood is replaced by Glyph of Sanguine Blood, This glyph allows you to dispel Effigy of Blood with no Blood Power penalty but causes activation to inflict 10% more.

• Two new ability’s Vile of Sanguine Blood and Vile of Sanguine Blood: Imbibe.
    [Vile of Sanguine Blood]: While this spell is active the healing received from your spells is reduced by 50%, Every time you heal yourself you gain “Blood Power”. [Vile of Sanguine Blood] is removed if your Blood power reaches 100.
    • New resource: Blood Power Gained is equal to the 50% that is absorbed by Vile of sanguine Blood(VoSB). The maximum blood power is 100. For example if you death pact you get healed for 50% of your health, However if you have [Vile of sanguine Blood](VoSB) active and death pact you will only get healed for 25% of your health. But you will gain 25 Blood Power.
    [Vile of Sanguine Blood: Imbibe]: Instantly suffer 20% of your maximum health as unmitigated damage to temporarily transform into a [Effigy of Blood], granting an array of powerful abilities Costs 5 Blood power every second. Prematurely cancelling [Effigy of Blood] will destroy 20% of your Blood Power. This spell has no cooldown / Global cooldown.
    [Effigy of Blood: Uncorrupted Blood]: While using Effigy of Blood, Other players Healing over time spell will have reduced effect on the Death knight, Instead they will be converted into a Singular Magical/Physical Absorb that for 8 seconds after Effigy of Blood will shield the Death knight.
    [Effigy of Blood: Blood Rites(Passive)]: Whenever you hit with Death Strike, the Frost and Unholy Runes will become Death Runes when they activate. Death Runes count as a Blood, Frost or Unholy Rune. Additionally increases the damage of your Death strike by 60%, Up from 40 %
    [Effigy of Blood: Mastery of Blood(Passive)]: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six major cooldown if they are cast while in Effigy of blood.
    [Effigy of Blood: Master of Blood Shield]: While using Effigy of Blood, Your Blood Shield will absorb incoming harmful magical effects.
    [Effigy of Blood: Blood Parasite]: While using Effigy of Blood, Your Army of the dead is replaced by Infestation of Blood parasite, This spell has 8 charges, Infest your Target with a Blood parasite that will gorge itself with blood inflict X amount of damage until it Bursts Healing all nearby allies within 40yards for Y health. A target can only be Infested by one parasite. Parasites cannot Burst while the Dk is in Effigy of Blood.
    [Effigy of Blood Riposte(Passive)]: While using Effigy of Blood you gain 75% of your Parry and Dodge as additional Critical Strike for its duration and 8 seconds thereafter.
    [Effigy of Blood: Blood Caked Rune Weapon]: While using Effigy of Blood, Summons a second rune weapon that fights on its own for 12 sec, mirroring the Death Knight's attacks and instantly applies outbreak. The rune weapon also assists in defense of its master, granting an additional 15% parry chance while active. Down from 20%
    [Effigy of Blood: Veteran of the Third War(Passive]: While using Effigy of Blood Increases your total Stamina by 40% Up from 9, and your chance to dodge by 1%, down from 2%.
    [ Effigy of Blood: Rune Strike]: While using Effigy of Blood, Rune strike will Strike the target for 175% weapon damage. This attack cannot be dodged, blocked, or parried. And summons a Rune Beneath your target that increases your next rune strike damage by 5%, this effect stacks.
    [Effigy of Blood: Scarlet Fever]: While using Effigy of Blood, surrounds the death knight with a boiling blood afflicting all enemies within 10 yards with Blood Plague, Frost Fever and Weakened blows. Replaces Blood Boil.
    [Effigy of Blood: Blood Reaper]: While using Effigy of Blood, Soul Reaper can now be used to full effect regardless of the targets health, However Dancing rune weapon cannot clone it.
    [Effigy of Blood: Blood Grip]: While using Effigy of Blood, Harness the Blood energy that surrounds and binds life, drawing the target toward a point on the ground targeted by the Death Knight and forcing the enemy to attack the Death Knight for 3 sec. Replaces Death grip.
    [Effigy of Blood: Gorefiend's Grasp]: While using Effigy of Blood, Empowers Gorefiend's Grasp to taunt all targets for 3 sec. Generate 200%

Have not come up with any numbers yet but something like [Effigy of Blood: Scarlet Fever] Should probably consume blood, its late maybe ill edit later. Min/maxing something like that would be fun
    Last edited by Dekin876; 2013-11-24 at 11:10 AM.

I'd like a more defined role in pve. DKs used to be the glass cannon plate dpsers that focused on spell disruption and raw damage, but now we're just glassy. Something akin to a Fury Warrior but with spell strikes and debuffs, instead of their bulkiness and flexibility. I'd be fine being a squishknight if the damage was boosted to compensate.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

I want blood DPS back. Remove this silly differentiation of the frost spec and just make it THE DK dual-wield spec. Let blood have a DPS version that is purely physical damage with an emphasis on armor penetration and vampiric-type damage abilities.

I like the whole idea of reverse gripping that would be so OP and help out a lot. ha but it will never happen -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin2102 View Post
    a good looking Tier-Set please, its time

Kinda fits the setting of WoD....

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    fix this annoying scaling issue we are facing as the expansion comes towards an end and other classes get stronger and stronger, we just take a dive.
    -Scaling issues
    -New or Improved Runeforges from what we currently have as well as tidying up the runeforge part, even if it means making per say razor ice go back down to 10% but also gives the ability to have a cinderglacier proc. Would clean up that ui well.
    -Either Make unholy a "caster" spec so to speak or make the spec benefit from a weapon more. Getting a new weapon and only seeing my SS damage go up minimally is disappointing.
    -Reduce cost of Death coil in general, Even more for unholy. thinking 35rp for frost/blood and 25 for unholy(this is mostly a way to help unholy dps)
    -Get rid of the subspec option in frost, it hasn't worked out well. Either make it solely a dw tree or balance both ToT and MotFW so that the playstyle is the same regardless of weapon.
    -Make secondary's interact with other ones similar to how mastery and crit work with each other for warlocks.
    -More mobility or a gap closer.
    -More survival when cooldowns are down, our Defensives are good but once they are worn out we become so squishy.
    -Baseline Chilblains for frost and Death's Advance Baseline for all specs.
    -Fix our level 90 talents
    -Fix our talent tree so we have specific tiers instead of a jumbled hotmess of ideas in each tier
    -Fix Rune Regen system back to wotlk, the class is slower and more boring and this could potentially fix some of the scaling issues
    -Get rid of Rune Regen tier and make something more interesting for that tier, Make RC unholy/blood only and BT frost only. Get rid of RE completely.

more to come.

-Fix Rune Regen system back to wotlk, the class is slower and more boring and this could potentially fix some of the scaling issues
    DW frost is too fast imo. I prefer DW frost over 2h frost and Unholy, but some downtime could be good, not like 3 sec, but just some break :P

Empowered Rune Wapon is nearly useless

-Get rid of the subspec option in frost, it hasn't worked out well. Either make it solely a dw tree or balance both ToT and MotFW so that the playstyle is the same regardless of weapon.
    Yes!

I've posted ideas for this earlier in this thread. Kinda just merge the current DW and 2h playstyle, taking some elements from the DW-style and some from the 2h-style. In general:
    - Mostly focus on Frost damage, less on physical (less physical for 2h, more physical for DW, more forst for 2h, less frost for DW)
    - weaker Obliterate (espesially compared to live 2h, around 300% weapon damage)
    - Obliterate is the main rune-skill, but Howling Blast is good to use as well, but not favored, Rime and Obliterate increases Howling Blast and Frost damage to remove Howling Blast spam on single-target
    - Strong Frost Strike (like 175% weapon damage)
    - A tweaked Deathchill brought back to give us some more fun skills
    - Hungering Cold replaces Remorseless Winter

etc.

Read all the ideas on page 8 #154
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-11-28 at 11:12 AM.

Blood: DPS option, with blood-controlling abilities and more CC

Frost: Tanking option, as a freaking wall of ice and AoE-filled icy daggers of death pain

Unholy: More caster-like abilities, with more buffs and debuffs on enemies and bosses, meant to empower ghoul and turn it into a whirling demon of "oh my god what is that" boom and doom

General wants: let me pick a kind of undead as unholy, with different transformations depending on the kind of undead
    Also, me wants more runeblade options, with awesome trinket-like effects, but instead of just gaining runeblade options as you level, gain them through death knight training in acherus hold, by taking out massive numbers of different kinds of enemies (kind of like proving grounds but for death knight abilities)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    DW frost is too fast imo. I prefer DW frost over 2h frost and Unholy, but some downtime could be good, not like 3 sec, but just some break :P

Empowered Rune Wapon is nearly useless

Yes!

I've posted ideas for this earlier in this thread. Kinda just merge the current DW and 2h playstyle, taking some elements from the DW-style and some from the 2h-style. In general:
    - Mostly focus on Frost damage, less on physical (less physical for 2h, more physical for DW, more forst for 2h, less frost for DW)
    - weaker Obliterate (espesially compared to live 2h, around 300% weapon damage)
    - Obliterate is the main rune-skill, but Howling Blast is good to use as well, but not favored, Rime and Obliterate increases Howling Blast and Frost damage to remove Howling Blast spam on single-target
    - Strong Frost Strike (like 175% weapon damage)
    - A tweaked Deathchill brought back to give us some more fun skills
    - Hungering Cold replaces Remorseless Winter

etc.

Read all the ideas on page 8 #154
    I know your hatred to the current subspec of frost :P. However I commend you for that post cause it was structured well. On to your thoughts of making it less physical and more frost based I agree. I think for obliterate they should reduce the damage a little and then have the bonus modifier we get from diseases present should then change to additional frost damage per disease. This way mastery will be a favored stat of the spec.

DW frost seems too fast now, at least in pve due to ams soaking. We purposely are taking avoidable damage every time AMS is up for a dps boost. I personally don't like that model. I would like to see some fix to that. AMS soaking is nice, but it shouldnt be at the expense of standing in shit purposely that we shouldn't be. However it is still marginally slower due to the random element of potentially resource starving yourself. The wotlk model was better imo. You had to be hitting something every GCD, if you weren't it was a massive dps loss.

ERW needs to just be reduced. It's a GREAT cooldown, it's just too long imo. as far

Some real speedboost would be nice+some utility to raid. Call it a vampiric move or whatever. Just give me something that doesn't make me the slowest to get from a to b on long distance, AND the slowest on short distances.
    Even on something as slow on a paladin i feel like a god damn speedy gonzales compared to DK
    Raid utility. We have none except the lousy AMZ(and CR). Gorefeinds/winters doesn't really count outside of very limitied situations. Some 3 mins cd that helps the raid would be awesome.
    After i began playing paladin, i'm finding me to be extremely frustrated with the lack of ways to help other people if they struggle.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

We won't get anything guys.

Let's all stop playing DK for WoD so Blizzard will give us a total revamp like they did to warlocks in the expansion after because of being the least played class.

If they take away the frost subspec and make frost DW only they need to give us blood DPS back. Unholy might as well just be a warlock in plate; I don't even consider it a melee spec since all of its melee attacks hit like a 12 year old girl. To have a DKs without a hard-hitting 2h spec would just completely ruin the class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    If they take away the frost subspec and make frost DW only they need to give us blood DPS back. Unholy might as well just be a warlock in plate; I don't even consider it a melee spec since all of its melee attacks hit like a 12 year old girl. To have a DKs without a hard-hitting 2h spec would just completely ruin the class for me.
    Frost can still hit hard. DW frost does hit quite hard on live....
    100k Howling Blasts and 90k frost strikes in pvp is quite nice (max with my own procs and CD's).
    Don't want frost to be DW-only. I want Frost to play the same playstyle with 2h and DW (a combination of current 2h and DW frost playstyles). I prefer to use 2h, but i prefer the DW-playstyle over the 2h one on live, because i think 2h frost feels too much like a warrior, focusing too much on one skill and physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...gridId=1004001

Some talents REMOVED:
    - Asphyxiate (DK's shouldn't have a stun)
    - Remorseless Winter (it was useless, and DK's don't need a stun)
    - Rolling Blood
    - Unholy Blight
    - Plague Leech
    - Death Siphon

Some skills and passives removed (not talents):
    - Unholy Frenzy (due to balance with new dps-tier talents)
    - Outbreak

Some skills are now passive:
    - Rolling Blood (Blood): is now a blood passive skill
    - Plague Leech: is now a passive for all specs

Some new skills or passives:
    - Blood Mastery - something new
    - Glacier Rot (Frost): Increases Frost damage by 20% for 5 sec after using Obliterate. Terminates pure Howling Blast spam.

- Deathchill (Frost)
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill, removing the cost and causes additional effects:
    * Frost Strike slows the targets movement speed, reducing their speed by 80% for 10 sec.
    * Howling Blast deals primary target damage to all enemies around, also infecting them with Blood Plague
    * Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 beneficial from all enemies within 10 yards
    * Chains of Ice affects 3 nearby enemies
    * Death Strike costs no runes and heals you for 20% of your maximum health.

Changes to existing skills or passives:
    - Bone Shield: cooldown is now reduced by 1 sec every time you parry. This effect can only occur once every 1 sec.
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes: No longer increases Obliterate damage. Now increases melee damage by 15% only.
    - Threat of Thassarian: No longer increases Frost Strike damage. Now allow ALL melee-attacks to hit with both weapons.
    - Obliterate damage increased to 300% weapon damage (from 250%). No longer deals additional damage per diseases but instead ignores 25% armor per diseases.
    - Frost Strike damage increased to 170% weapon damage (from 115%)
    - Scourge Strike now deals pure shadow-damage. Around 150% shadow damage and 25% more per diseases?
    - Necrotic Strike now has a 10 sec cooldown. Healing Absorption effect doubled. (Removing spam)
    I can't help but notice that many of your posts show a strong bias towards frost. I'm wondering what you hope to accomplish by proposing changes to essentially nerf Unholy. Remove Unholy Frenzy? Are you kidding me? If you are actually serious about that consider removing Pillar of Frost too, because a % strength increase is definitely strong. Proposing Roiling Blood is a Blood passive only? Again, chopping down on Unholy, now you want to cripple AOE? What is your basis for the removal of Outbreak?

Do you even raid? If current mechanics are a pre-cursor for what to expect in WoD raids, Asphyxiate will definitely be a necessity. I get that you want everyone to feel like a special snowflake in their own class, but the way raid mechanics and encounter designs work today that philosophy just doesn't work.

I don't really understand what you hope to accomplish by proposing all sorts of nerfs to Unholy while buffing Frost.