Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    just another "the community is bad blabla" basher. Haters gonna hate. The other stuff is to just cover that up.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I would say the raids have been excellent this xpac, can't say the same for dungeons. I do like the challenge modes and hope to see them use that feature in the future.

Lol at the Class Design, Nostalgia much?
    Only part i sorta agree with is the Community.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/JYJM9LS.jpg (big pic)

a fan's take on the state of the key aspects of the game from then til now. Would you say its accurate?
    not at all

Wrath should be better than TBC or vanilla in the first, second, fourth and fifth categories. Not sure about PVP as I dont do it seriously, but as a casual pvper, it should be at least TBC and both higher than vanilla.

Those diagrams are just total BS>

Nope, from the votes on this forum you can see:
    WotLK > MoP > TBC > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    I just spat out my morning coffee.

Class design is stronger in Classic and TBC? Really?

Because destro-sac warlocks are the epitome of class design.

Are you?

The amount of storytelling and the story's quality have dramatically shot up since the beginning of Wrath. Cata was a bit of a dip, but Mists has done an outstanding job with providing new, interesting lore, and a focused story arc for the expansion.
    Yeah, because Tauren Paladins, Night elf mages and gnome priests are such good lore.

Deleted
    disagree, i mean story high on TBC? are you joking? the story was non existent, they completely bodged it, wotlk, cata and mop are a lot better at storytelling than tbc/vanilla, class design now is more balanced, more homogonised as a result, so im not sure on that one, but for sure class design was low in vanilla, where most classes only had one spec worth playing, and pvp was best duing wotlk imo, imn terms of balance.

so no, i really do not agree with that image.

the only part i agree with on those images is community, everything else has got better and better each expansion, lore, storytelling, raid designs, world design, all got better every expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Nope, from the votes on this forum you can see:
    WotLK > MoP > TBC > Cata
    I'd like to see that poll conducted on a larger and more balanced audience. This forum is kind of biased.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Are you going to make a reasoned discussion as to why classes were balanced better in vanilla or just make vague posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... vanilla classes weren't balanced at all and you know i'm right
    Both of you homeboys might wanna take another look at the post I quoted. I never said anything about how good the balance was back in Vanilla. In fact, it was horrible compared to what we have now.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I kind of agree eg. Quests - in Vanilla I could quest how I liked. Many many different regions, so many Quests, and none is a Must-Have.
    If you level today in moP, you will questing their route. You cant really skip a Quest if you dont like it, because (eg. Jade Forest) for 90% of the other Quests you have to complete this Quest. Maybe some like this, I dont. I really enjoyed Questing in TBC and WotLK, even if it was some kind of linear in those exp., too. But the setting, the feeling and the whole theme fit, imo.

And raiding was in Vanilla and TBC the best for me, because it was epic. You really had to work, to progress and see the new bosses - in Vanilla the only pugs were ZA, MC, Ony and AQ20. in TBC Naxx, ZA, Gruul, Magtheridon and at the end some SSC and TK (lootreaver).
    With ToC it started, everyone could join a pug for ToC, and to 90% cleared the whole raid with 25 unknown persons, for me, this wasnt the heroic feeling of raiding anymore
    But mechanic-wise, the quality of raiding improved from every exp. to the other.

And Classdesign, me as a Shadowpriest since my early days in Vanilla (raided as SP MC, BWL and a AQ, but AQ we didnt really came far), I enjoyed the design of my class the most in TBC. I wasnt DPS, I wasnt Heal or Tank, I was a true supporter. My role was pretty unique, and I really liked this role.
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2013-11-29 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah thats pretty much accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah, because Tauren Paladins, Night elf mages and gnome priests are such good lore.
    via wowpedia..

Arcane Magic and Its Consequences

The night elves studied the energies of the Well for over a thousand years before Queen Azshara came to the throne. By that time, one caste of night elf nobility had risen to prominence. Under Azshara's reign, members of that caste began calling themselves the Highborne. The name pleased Azshara, for she too was a member of the highest caste, and she approved the term for official use.

Many Highborne were obsessed with the Well, and with Azshara's approval, they devoted themselves to studying it day and night. Their reckless use of arcane magic eventually caught the attention of Sargeras, who easily corrupted the arrogant Highborne. Captivated by the dark titan, the Highborne helped the Burning Legion invade Azeroth. Countless night elves and other creatures died during the resulting War of the Ancients. In the end, the remaining night elves managed to defeat the Legion with the help of many allies and several heroes, including High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, Malfurion Stormrage, and Illidan Stormrage.

Some of the Highborne regretted their choice to aid the Legion and managed to escape the capital city, Zin-Azshari, before the Well of Eternity imploded and triggered the Great Sundering. Afterwards, arcane magic was outlawed on pain of death, but the Highborne arrogantly continued their dangerous sorcery. Rather than execute their defiant kindred, Tyrande and Malfurion sentenced the Highborne to exile. The exiles journeyed over the sea to Lordaeron, where they founded the kingdom of Quel'Thalas and began calling themselves high elves.
    NE mages existed long before cataclysm... chronologically, even before classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Oh hey look what I found.

http://i.imgur.com/2nVTr3R.jpg

Decided not to post the image straight into the thread because its biiiiig.
    Hmm it's a bit strange, it seems to strangely favour most vanilla things implying everything was better back then.

I don't really get the "final boss of Firelands was retconned", I mean we knew for years Ragnaros was still alive right? That they could only be killed in the elemental plane permanently?

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren Paladins got lore accompanying them explaining how they exist and elf mages have always been around, just not accpeted into night elven society.

I have no idea about gnome priests but i'm sure it's explained somewhere.

I hate this idea people have that if lore hasn't been around since at least WC3 that it should be shit on and disregarded as false

Completely, utterly wrong.

tBC was all about that PvP. Metrics on this one are off in my opinion. So mark me down for a big ol' "No"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

If you actually look at the lore behind them and not the spells they use in game, yes, they're fine.

If you want to ignore lore and just go on the bandwagon... yeah you can say "Well Paladins are servants of the Holy Light but tauren don't worship it!" and be totally wrong about what a tauren "paladin" actually is.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    If you level today in moP, you will questing their route. You cant really skip a Quest if you dont like it
    I guess you are playing a different Mists than everyone else since you can skip like 50% of the quests to level to 90 these days. Not to mention that you can get XP from doing dungeons and PvP. Here's a great tip: When you hit level 86, leave Jade Forest.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I have no idea about gnome priests but i'm sure it's explained somewhere.
    They're basically medics. They look at the Light not from the perspective of a typical priest but from the perspective of an engineer. They look at it and say "Hmm, this is interesting. What can we do with this to help our people?" It's less about worship and more about looking at new avenues of magic and incorporating it into their arsenal of technologies and knowledge... a very gnomish thing.

On the whole gnome priests view themselves more as doctors, medics, and surgeons.

sources 1 (under CDEV2), 2, and 3.

Deleted
    Looks more or less accurate, the pvp bars between bc and wotlk is the questionable part but everything else seems spot on.