Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Garrosh Hellscream's Future

After he creates a new world where the Orcs were never enslaved, does Grom just shove Garrosh aside and build his own Iron Horde? Does Garrosh become one of Grom's Lieutenant, or is he just left out in the background? Will he die?

Will Garrosh be encountered as a raid boss again in WoD?

NO, WoD = back in time

Quote Originally Posted by dennix View Post
    NO, WoD = back in time
    At least try to understand the topic.

Anyway, i don't think we'll fight him again in any significant capacity. Blizz also said they don't want to redeem him, so he probably either dies or has to witness everything coming crashing down before him and despairs.

Deleted
    I think he'll die killing AU!Mannoroth when Gul'dan and the Legion takes control of the Iron Horde. He'll remain a terrible person of course (as he's not getting a redemption arc) but he'll be seen as a little less evil. As for his role in the Iron Horde I think he'll more be behind the scenes as a prophet type figure. I think we'll be encountering him infrequently personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    As for his role in the Iron Horde I think he'll more be behind the scenes as a prophet type figure.
    I think he's not that type of a person to be somewhere behind the scenes, he's a man of action defeinetely. I suppose, Grom would make him his second-in-command over Warsong clan, as he'll be busy dealing with all the Horde, so he'll need someone to take care of his own clan. And to his destiny...I suppose, a boss in a middle of some raid, Shattrah for example.

Given that some 35 years pass from the time Garrosh escapes into the past and WoD it's possible he might already be dead by the time we head into Draenor, probably killed in battle uniting all the orc clans or something. I believe Blizz said that he won't play a major role in the expac other than getting it started.

Anything can be harmful when taken to an extreme. Even moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    Given that some 35 years pass from the time Garrosh escapes into the past and WoD it's possible he might already be dead by the time we head into Draenor, probably killed in battle uniting all the orc clans or something. I believe Blizz said that he won't play a major role in the expac other than getting it started.
    Only two years pass in Draenor between Garrosh arriving and Draenor's Dark Portal being built and aligned with our Azeroth's Dark Portal. In our Azeroth, even less time passes - the delay between Garrosh disappearing and the Dark Portal turning red is likely non-existant.

well if you look at that trailer that was on blizzcon there is Garosh dancing by the fire and Garosh working as Blacksmith so i guess he settles down and enjoy normal orcish life.

They said he wont play a major role in WoD, and that his end would be something both the fans and himself would be happy with, which means he has to die with honour.

I honestly think Gul'Dan will take advantage of the chaos that we cause in the Iron Horde after 6.0, and convince the Orcs to consume demon blood, and Garrosh will die attempting to stop this. It would be a huge stroke of irony if Grom is the one that kills him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I said it before and gonna say it again. Garrosh will once again make (not so) spectacular escape, and become reaccuring joke threat. He will launch a black crusade against azeroth every year, using yet another horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will likely be the boss of one of the 5 mans, one at launch or patched in later. Like Kael'thas was the boss of Magister's Terrace. He might also be a raid boss, but not an end of raid boss.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina will lay hands on the Ata'mal shards and nuke him with a mana bomb. Obviously.

Alternatively, he will open portals all over Draenor, ripping the planet apart in the process, then flee through one and be transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden. Oh wait.

I didn't really look into it so idk if it was explained but I'm kind of curious as to how the credibility is established, in the real world if someone came walking up to you and said yo i'm your son from another dimension here are tanks let me be your leader they would probably be locked up somewhere. I find it hard to believe that Garrosh would be able to just waltz up to Grom or whoever and be like "Hey, I know this sounds crazy, but imagine Gronn... with giant cannons on their backs. Big steel machines that can hurl big flaming rocks at your enemy. I come from another dimension where we can do that and more, make me your war leader."

Quote Originally Posted by Narmar View Post
    I didn't really look into it so idk if it was explained but I'm kind of curious as to how the credibility is established, in the real world if someone came walking up to you and said yo i'm your son from another dimension here are tanks let me be your leader they would probably be locked up somewhere. I find it hard to believe that Garrosh would be able to just waltz up to Grom or whoever and be like "Hey, I know this sounds crazy, but imagine Gronn... with giant cannons on their backs. Big steel machines that can hurl big flaming rocks at your enemy. I come from another dimension where we can do that and more, make me your war leader."
    Orc's and Draenei lived in relative peace for centuries, and all it took was one Orc to say that they were conspiring to spur them into a bloodrage. So, it wouldn't be hard for someone who brings in weapons and technology the Orcs couldn't even imagine to do the same.

Also, he almost certainly won't tell Grom he is his son. He'd get wrecked if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    Given that some 35 years pass from the time Garrosh escapes into the past
    Really? Was there something to confirm?? I thought it was like 5-10 years maximum....But for Azeroth it's anyway like immediately, cause they close any distance by opening a portal through time.

Deleted
    I don't know how or why, but having a redemption story for Garrosh would just be fucking incredible.

I guess in my mind, it would go something along the lines of after he has prevented the orcs from dooming themselves and built the Iron Horde, he gets a little pissed off that Grom has just taken all the credit and is the Warchief of the Iron Horde. Then, in the final encounter against Grom, it'll be kind of similar to the LK fight in which all the players seem to have failed, but that's when Garrosh will come storming in and kick the shit out of Grom before dying from some kind of wound, then we get to finish Grom off and honor Garrosh's name

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    I don't know how or why, but having a redemption story for Garrosh would just be fucking incredible.
    I don't know if I think it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind a redemption Story. I mean during Cata he had some good moments, he appeared to be getting better even if he went crazy anytime alliance were around/mentioned but he had some good moments. Parts I remember liking him at were the Stonetalon Mountains finisher, when he saw the Val'kyr being used by Sylvanas, and (book) the letter he wrote to Magatha after she requested his aid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I think he'll die killing AU!Mannoroth when Gul'dan and the Legion takes control of the Iron Horde. He'll remain a terrible person of course (as he's not getting a redemption arc) but he'll be seen as a little less evil. As for his role in the Iron Horde I think he'll more be behind the scenes as a prophet type figure. I think we'll be encountering him infrequently personally.
    Yeah, I'm expecting something like this. Garrosh will die as a hero, fighting a foe for the greater cause. But he'll die as a character in the grey zone, not really good, but not really as evil as he was portrayed in Mists of Pandaria either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    I agree, I want Garrosh to die doing something good. He might not be the most awesome person in the world according to the races of Azeroth, but at least give him an ending that makes you question him. Was he really evil? Probably not, and I hope we get to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Orc's and Draenei lived in relative peace for centuries, and all it took was one Orc to say that they were conspiring to spur them into a bloodrage.
    The reason they lived in peace for so long was because the Draenei cloaked their cities so the Orcs couldn't find them. The Orcs never really trusted the Draenei, I think if the Draenei hadn't cloaked their cities they would've been slaughtered a lot earlier.

he is going to be taken care of early on in WoD which basically means killed off in a way that pleases everyone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Surely Guldan would want him dead and have him assassinated. How dare this total stranger comes in and ruining his plan!