Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People take ilvl too strictly.
    An ilvl540 chest is going to be worth way more than an ilvl540 ring. etc
    If you don't have the meta gem, you're going to sim low.
    If you don't have the legendary cloak, you're going to sim low.
    If you drop too much crit to get the next bp, you're going to output low.

Feydwin, you're less than 8k crit - that's horrible and I feel sorry for you. Next breakpoint is more on paper, but having that much crit in practice is going to wreck your output.
    Feydwin, you're at 176k on Wrathcalcs which is much more accurate than simcraft. Adding the meta puts you at 190k.

Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    My druid is at 540 ilvl, does 120k at simulationcraft, with the absolute min / maxed gems / enchants.

Boomkins is very gear dependant. one example is the immerseus trinket increases my dps with 40k etc etc. so you people saying he's doing something horribly wrong.. He probably is. but he wont break the 100k.
    Wait what? My balance set is about 522 and I sim out at 151k with no meta, cloak or bindings. 2nd haste breakpoint was a DPS increase while not dropping below 6.5k crit or so. I pull around 115k on a dummy and 149k in 25 mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

i did 100k in msv/hof/toes when it was current content, like most other people. And that was ilvl ~517 fully upgraded heroic gear. There were some nerfs that made balance not as good early item levels like the nerf to the Shooting Star proc rate on multiple targets, however you should still be pulling at least 100k single target at that item level.

Deleted
    I dont have a good answer but the uncertain dps output made me change main for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know what you're doing I can pretty much assure you of that...change something
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    At ilvl 502 i struggle to break 30k, even on multi dotting i can just reach 50k, and thats with playing perfectly. My warlock at like 450ilvl does 40k without even breaking a sweat. Shadowpriest even at 480 ilvl can do 40k easy.
    I have followed the guides here, icyveins, official forums. Its all the same rotation. I have heard that they are gear dependant. But 502 ilvl isnt low at all and it just makes me not wanna bother going any further...
    I suggest you first post your Druid's Armory link so that fellow druids can see your gear and point out what you can improve.
    Personally i suggest you use a website called AskMrRobot (and it's addon) to perfectly optimize your gear (it is a free service that you can greatly customize).

At your gear level you should be doing anywhere between 70k DPS and a 100k DPS - perhaps even more, but if you are doing below 30k DPs in that gear then you have quite a few problems.
    Moonkin rotation is definitely one of the more complex ones, so try to pay attention to what icy veins (or mmo champ guide) is telling you to do.

However, i do need to point out that you must be doing something HORRIBLY wrong to be getting only 30k dps.
    And by horribly i mean something like forgetting to equip any gear at all - or having a resurrection sickness debuff on you.

I definitely suggest you "forget" everything you know about Moonkins and start re-learning CAREFULLY from Icy Veins and MMO-C's guide.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-11-30 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I suggest you first post your Druid's Armory link so that fellow druids can see your gear and point out what you can improve.
    Personally i suggest you use a website called AskMrRobot (and it's addon) to perfectly optimize your gear (it is a free service that you can greatly customize).

At your gear level you should be doing anywhere between 70k DPS and a 100k DPS - perhaps even more, but if you are doing below 30k DPs in that gear then you have quite a few problems.
    Moonkin rotation is definitely one of the more complex ones, so try to pay attention to what icy veins (or mmo champ guide) is telling you to do.

However, i do need to point out that you must be doing something HORRIBLY wrong to be getting only 30k dps.
    And by horribly i mean something like forgetting to equip any gear at all - or having a resurrection sickness debuff on you.

I definitely suggest you "forget" everything you know about Moonkins and start re-learning CAREFULLY from Icy Veins and MMO-C's guide.

AMR is only viable if you edit the stat weights. You also only get a few free loads before you have to pay the sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    I dont have a good answer but the uncertain dps output made me change main for sure.
    It's not uncertain. You just have to know what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    You are doing something wrong. But balance is weak in lower ilvl with high ilvl it is among the best.
    yep very true. but their rotation is a little awkward and is getting a revamp in the next exp

10+ Year Old Account
    People were doing 30k DPS back in Cataclysm; I can assure you that you are NOT "DPSing perfectly."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The fact that this hasn't been locked already is beyond me. From the lack of responses from OP as well as what appears to be a defiant lack of Armory links, this is 99% a troll post.

No boomkin, even in 463 gear, will pull 30k. It's that simple. Even in Challenge Modes and Proving Grounds, I pull well over 30k. You are either

1) Completely misguided and need to seriously take a look at the guides on MMO-Champion
    2) Doing something horribly wrong on your characters
    or 3) A serious troll that needs taken care of.

noxxic.com
    It will give you a better idea of an optimal rotation as well as what stats to prioritize and what stats to reforge.
    I've used it as a reference point to assist with multiple toons of mine.
    Good luck!

I'm pretty sure a Boomkin in 502 gear can do 30k in Cat form. I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by suckmybattleship View Post
    noxxic.com
    It will give you a better idea of an optimal rotation as well as what stats to prioritize and what stats to reforge.
    Good luck!
    icy-veins.com is another great site

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'm pretty sure a Boomkin in 502 gear can do 30k in Cat form. I'm serious.
    I am on the dummies with my 565 boomkin and I can confirm that I can do ~60k DPS with my cat abilities.

http://i.imgur.com/JZZnod2.png?1

Picture added. Look at my leet cat dps.
    Last edited by moveth; 2013-11-30 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    You are doing something wrong. But balance is weak in lower ilvl with high ilvl it is among the best.
    Let's get this out of the window. Balance is somewhat weaker at 463 ilvl, compared to other classes and specs in the same gear. Once you start getting raid gear, you should actually be doing some competitive damage.
    502 is not low ilvl for a balance druid, you should be doing 100k dps comfortably.

Even for challenge modes, their dps isn't actually terrible, if you adjust your stats accordingly. admit to yourself that you'll have definite issues hitting that first breakpoint and won't get enough crit to get a steady set of procs and instead go for full on haste (if you know you can get that breakpoint) or mastery for a more certain dps rotation (and higher eclipse burst) as opposed to the very RNG based dps with low crit levels.
    Most people don't bother even adjusting their reforges, and then they get mad and throw a hissyfit, complaining that "balance is terrible", when in reality, their bad results stem from their own ignorance.

noxxic.com
    Good luck!
    Use the guide on this forum. Don't bother with Noxxic or Icy Veins, they tend to be somewhat outdated. I've nitpicked those guides apart on eu forums and youtube comments, I doubt I have to do it again.
    For example, IcyVeins' solar opener is wrong and bad. Noxxic suggests full red gems and NV, etc.

Seriously, you'll probably get better results using a spellflash addons than following guides on those two websites.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-12-01 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    AMR is only viable if you edit the stat weights. You also only get a few free loads before you have to pay the sub.
    I don't know what you are talking about, i have been using AMRobot for the entire MoP expansion - i never had to pay anything and i used all the custom weights and "loads".

I would update my char from armory on AMRobot, optimize my gear the way i want to, export data to AMRobot addon (also free), the addon itself handles most of the reforging-regemming.
    Never had to pay anything to AMR, bless it's robotic heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    At ilvl 502 i struggle to break 30k, even on multi dotting i can just reach 50k, and thats with playing perfectly. My warlock at like 450ilvl does 40k without even breaking a sweat. Shadowpriest even at 480 ilvl can do 40k easy.

I have followed the guides here, icyveins, official forums. Its all the same rotation. I have heard that they are gear dependant. But 502 ilvl isnt low at all and it just makes me not wanna bother going any further...
    no balance is far from the worst I am no pro and I do 120k consistently on up to 230k depending on the current fight at 530ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I am on the dummies with my 565 boomkin and I can confirm that I can do ~60k DPS with my cat abilities.

http://i.imgur.com/JZZnod2.png?1

Picture added. Look at my leet cat dps.
    this.. is just.. so much win.. *tear*

10+ Year Old Account
    lol the lazy way a 2 button macro, that can still net you 100k dps

#showtooltip starfire
    /castsequence reset=12 starfall,sunfire,moonfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,starfire,s tarfire,starfire
    /use starsurge
    /startattack

#showtooltip wrath
    /castsequence reset=12 moonfire,sunfire,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath,wrath
    /use starsurge

It used to be that blanace spec was really ez to be middle of the pack in DPS, and difficult to master. With MoP though balance has gotton complicated. Now it is difficult to be middle of the pack in DPS and to squeeze out the very best in the class is a herculean task. Different talent choices will affect your rotation a great deal. The differences in how you play for a standing fight and a mobile fight has gotten much larger. Do not dispair if your DPS is low. Balance is far more gear dependent in MoP then it has ever been.

My main is balance and I am still struggleing in raids.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to get to a haste breakpoint if your gear allows it, then stack as much crit as you can get. Icy Veins or Noxxic will be your best bet for more in depth information.

Agian, dont worry if your DPS is low for now. Get that gear any way that you can. You need it.