Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If Sylvanas Can't Killer Herself...

... then why did Godfrey's bullet 'take'?

I was under the impression that if the Valkery did not bring her back she would have been iced. I was also under the impression that her unsuccessful suicide showed she couldn't really die. Anyone able to explain this to me?
    Is this where the header goes?

she can and has committed suicide. she doesnt want die anymore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    she can and has committed suicide. she doesnt want die anymore.
    But it didn't work. We're not talking about a lack of pills here, she just couldn't die. That's what I'm interested in, not her current mind state.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    But it didn't work. We're not talking about a lack of pills here, she just couldn't die. That's what I'm interested in, not her current mind state.
    she has died 3 times now. once 1 to arthas(soul yanked out of body), once of suicide(then got revived), and the last time godfrey shot her(then got revived). she can die but she gets revived.

Yes she did. She died when she threw herself off of Icecrown Citadel. She was en route to hell before the Val'kyr saved her.

she has died 3 times now. once 1 to arthas(soul yanked out of body), once of suicide(then got revived), and the last time godfrey shot her(then got revived). she can die but she gets revived.
    7 times if you count when my raid was learning the Galakras fight. By the way, bonechewers love her.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 times if you count when my raid was learning the Galakras fight. By the way, bonechewers love her.
    I'd chew her bones too, if ya know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yes she did. She died when she threw herself off of Icecrown Citadel. She was en route to hell before the Val'kyr saved her.
    Right. If my understanding is correct she isn't unkillable or anything. She threw herself off ICC and was resurrected by a Val'kyr (sort of against her will). When she was back she saw what waited for her after death and decided to bolster her Forsken forces to avoid dying again. The Val'kyr were just around when Godfrey shot her. The Val'kyr are finite, and once they are gone her death will be as permanent as anyone else's.

At least that is how I understand it. I reserve the right to be totally wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    Right. If my understanding is correct she isn't unkillable or anything. She threw herself off ICC and was resurrected by a Val'kyr (sort of against her will). When she was back she saw what waited for her after death and decided to bolster her Forsken forces to avoid dying again. The Val'kyr were just around when Godfrey shot her. The Val'kyr are finite, and once they are gone her death will be as permanent as anyone else's.

At least that is how I understand it. I reserve the right to be totally wrong :P
    thats pretty much it. and she is down to 4 vak'kyr and it takes 3 to revive her fully.

lol, wouldn't it be neat to be there the next time Sylvanas bites it to see the 4 Val'kyr decide who gets to live? How would they decide? Rock Paper Scissors? Who has the shiniest evil lady wings? Who did Arthas like the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats pretty much it. and she is down to 4 vak'kyr and it takes 3 to revive her fully.
    If that's true, then her job is simple: Die twice, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    If that's true, then her job is simple: Die twice, problem solved.
    slyvanas can die when the alliance stop being a playable faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I have absolutely know idea what brought on that butt-hurt comment, but it really has nothing to do with this topic.

From what I've gathered, at least lore-wise, Sylvanas has no desire to continue on in her current state. If she has to burn through 3 Val'kyr to die, and she has four left, then all she has to do is die two more times and she will get her wish. Perma-death.

Why that invoked such hatred against the alliance from you, I have absolutely zero idea. But GG for escalating that so quickly.

Some people take this game WAY too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ...I have absolutely know idea what brought on that butt-hurt comment, but it really has nothing to do with this topic.

From what I've gathered, at least lore-wise, Sylvanas has no desire to continue on in her current state. If she has to burn through 3 Val'kyr to die, and she has four left, then all she has to do is die two more times and she will get her wish. Perma-death.

Why that invoked such hatred against the alliance from you, I have absolutely zero idea. But GG for escalating that so quickly.

Some people take this game WAY too seriously.
    she doesnt want to die anymore. its that simple. godfrey forced her to use 3 vak'kyr.
    invoke hatred of the alliance? i dont care i am sick of those fools wanting slyvanas dead. i am sorry but you are living in a world that wants you dead. you have to be a paranoid bitch. cata and mop sylvanas got hit with the bad writing card and it annoys me.

anyway sylvanas can die but doesnt want to anymore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes in exchange for replacing a faction leader lets remove battlegrounds and delete half the player characters lol

im sure one of those would be much more devastating to blizzard's finances than the other

Guys, guys, quit picking on poor misunderstood Sylvanas and her whole Lich Queen performance. I heard Jaina say she thinks the Horde are jerks the other day, she's the real villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    She threw herself off ICC and was resurrected by a Val'kyr (sort of against her will).
    She wasn't resurrected against her will. The Val'kyr couldn't do anything until Sylvanas accepted their pact.

The funny thing is that the Saronite rocks she jumped on were supposed to obliterate her soul. Takes 1 Val'kyr to resurrect.
    Godfrey shoots her in the face. Takes 3 Val'kyr to resurrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    She wasn't resurrected against her will. The Val'kyr couldn't do anything until Sylvanas accepted their pact.

The funny thing is that the Saronite rocks she jumped on were supposed to obliterate her soul. Takes 1 Val'kyr to resurrect.
    Ah, that's interesting. I never read the short story about her swan dive off of Icecrown, so I'm only aware of the generalities. From the way you say it I guess there isn't anything to explain the inconsistency between how many Val'kyr have to sacrifice themselves in order to bring her back?

Does she only go to hell, or nothingness, or whatever you want to call it because she is undead? I've never been a huge fan of Sylvanas but that would suck, right? She never asked to be made undead the begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does she only go to hell, or nothingness, or whatever you want to call it because she is undead? I've never been a huge fan of Sylvanas but that would suck, right? She never asked to be made undead the begin with.
    It's unclear if she went to "hell" because she's undead or because of the horrible things she did. Arthas was there too. She was tumbling in darkness for an amount of time she lost track of before the torment started. That's pmuch all we know about it. The first time she died, there was a welcoming and pleasant darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

I believe the simplest explanation is that not all val'kyr are created equally. Annhylde was their leader, thus she was probably more powerful.

Or the more times Sylvanas dies the harder it becomes to bring her back. Maybe all 4 will be needed to bring her back next time. Or maybe 4 won't be enough and Sylvanas either won't come back or she will be incomplete.