Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Everyones good at PvP all of a sudden?

Was playing random 2v2 and noticed how good people have become at low ratings (like 1.5-1.7 range).

Seems like everyone knows how to avoid cc, avoid burst, coordinate burst etc..and that stuff like keybinds/macro knowledge isn't a sign of skill anymore. You literally have to play flawlessly to even push 1.8k these days. Anyone else gets this impression? Or am i doing it wrong by not rolling a warrior?

Deleted
    1,5-1,7 got better but not too much, often you still see people not even using some important skills like disarm to save their teammate.
    Overlal its however most likely true since influx of new players will decrease as the game gets older and thus most will have plenty of pvp experience already.

Deleted
    2 things
    - a lot of good players do the CP catch up. Thats usually done with MMR tanking.
    - a lot of good players just play to cap. I never bothered to get any rating on my alt, so I get to play against sub 2k people

10+ Year Old Account
    I faced multiple gladiators and 2.2k+ players at 1700-1800 MMR playing on my rogue. Was fun.

MMR is pretty deflated atm. The Highest rated players are at like 2600. Considering towards the ends of seasons, most top players are 2700-3000, you can respectivly add 100-300 points to your current rating, as a more end of season example. I recall my guild leader talking about the current glad cutoff is 2100ish?
    So someone at 1700, is actually playing at a 1800-2100 level.

No one plays arena anymore m8

Arena is always fun unless you run into a berserking warrior

Deleted
    Gladiatorlosa is the reason for this and nothing else...

Deleted
    Forget PVP in WoW and wait for WildStar...

Mod: Try not to derail threads please.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-12-29 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysko1 View Post
    Forget PVP in WoW and wait for WildStar...
    Have you even seen the pvp videos from wildstar? Looks like shit. Sorry, but wow excells at pvp in an mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    No one plays arena anymore m8
    Over 250k on the US 3s ladder, over 300k on EU. Would say there are a few people playing (and that their 100 win mount achieve worked as intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    2 things
    - a lot of good players do the CP catch up. Thats usually done with MMR tanking.
    - a lot of good players just play to cap. I never bothered to get any rating on my alt, so I get to play against sub 2k people
    Also, a lot of people don't do arena at all. Most bad players, or good players who simply don't like arena, often don't bother anymore. That causes a lot of players that would've been gladiator or duelist quality before to be competing for challenger now.

Deleted
    Most players haven't played enough competetive 2v2 for them to reach their true mmr. That's why most players are sitting at low mmr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Gladiatorlosa is the reason for this and nothing else...
    What this guy said. The difference back in cata when it became popular in the timespan of a few months was massive.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    What this guy said. The difference back in cata when it became popular in the timespan of a few months was massive.
    Is this addon really as big a deal as everyone says? I can understand how it's become a scapegoat, but think about how visually obvious most major cooldowns are. I just can't believe audio queues make a competent player out of someone that would normally let a frozen orb, skull banner, ascendance, etc. go unnoticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Is this addon really as big a deal as everyone says? I can understand how it's become a scapegoat, but think about how visually obvious most major cooldowns are. I just can't believe audio queues make a competent player out of someone that would normally let a frozen orb, skull banner, ascendance, etc. go unnoticed.
    Don't underestimate the power of audio in PvP. Many gladiators play with audio on because it's easier to notice certain spells by audio. For example stampede. It's not dangerous anymore, but before it got nerfed the most noticeable sign of stampede was the horn sound. A voice telling you "recklessness" basically allows you to escape really early. Same goes for Presence of Mind, polymorph, shadow dance and shadow blades. All of those important CDs can be countered with ease if some voice tells you your enemy has used them.

the awkward moment when 1600 priests are lining all polys and paladins popping wall as soon as u deep. a lot of people use gladiatorlosa since you dont rly have to pay attention anymore when someone tells u what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Just cos some voice tells you what spells being used you still have to know what the ability is or what skill is being used does. People use addons that do exactly the same only it's a bar that pop's up. It probably helped some people but i would never say it's the only reason. Aren't people whining about how easy wow has become, maybe that's a major reason? All you have to do to become somewhat successful in pvp is know how to cc, set up burst and try to avoid damage.
    The addons doesn't tell you when someone is about to burst or use a major cds, thats something you learn from experience and wow is quite old, so alot of time to get the experience.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    The addons doesn't tell you when someone is about to burst or use a major cds, thats something you learn from experience and wow is quite old, so alot of time to get the experience.
    Except they do. The addon i mentioned (gladiatorlosa) tells you exactly when the enemy is bursting.
    For instance "Recklessness" or "Dark Soul" etc etc.
    The addon effectivelly warns you when to pop defensives and when to use abilities to avoid incoming damage and cc.
    Denying that is pretty ignorant. No offense.

Gladiatorlosa has lowered the level of what is considered skill in arenas for a long while now.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Except they do. The addon i mentioned (gladiatorlosa) tells you exactly when the enemy is bursting.
    For instance "Recklessness" or "Dark Soul" etc etc.
    The addon effectivelly warns you when to pop defensives and when to use abilities to avoid incoming damage and cc.
    Denying that is pretty ignorant. No offense.

Gladiatorlosa has lowered the level of what is considered skill in arenas for a long while now.
    ABOUT to burst not bursting. Thats the difference between good and excellent. People able to see that the enemy is about to try and go for a kill. The addon doesnt tell you this. Start reading intead of seeing what you want to see.
    Last edited by joppas; 2013-12-14 at 04:27 PM.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.