Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Since we are going to get nerfed next expansion..

What kind of nerfs do you predict?
    Like removing soul well and gateway etc? (Hint: No raid utility except the usual dps)
    Affliction got nerfed already with dot snapshotting removed

Hopefully they nerf cooldown usage so you can't blow them all at once. That's a much needed global everyone gets nerfed nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Hopefully they nerf cooldown usage so you can't blow them all at once. That's a much needed global everyone gets nerfed nerf.
    Sir, affli and destro has one cd, demo homever can have 3 but reducing dps overall, but it produces good burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Sir, affli and destro has one cd, demo homever can have 3 but reducing dps overall, but it produces good burst.
    Oh sorry I didn't notice before I typed that this was warlock only forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh sorry I didn't notice before I typed that this was warlock only forum.
    Can you hear the whispers?
    The whispers in your head?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that they'll take anything away, although I have said before that I think Gateway is a candidate for being shared with some other class. The rest is just numbers balance which will be broadly fixed with snapshotting going. I don't think there's anything else particularly mechanically egregious going on.

The only other item I personally think will get nerfed is resources gained from dying adds for destruction and affliction. Any fight those 2 specs have been able to use those mechanics this expansion has been fights locks have been on top by miles. At a minimum, I think destruction will go back to the original intention of only getting 1 ember back from SBing a dying add and affliction will go to like 1 or 2 shards from DSing a dying add. Our resources are extremely potent and when we are able to spam resource consumers we are insanely OP.

jokes aside, as a tank I think soulwell is one of the best utilities you can bring to a raid... yes it provides no dps bonus, but is fkg amazing.

Personally I don't feel locks need a nerf huge. I rather see other classes dps buffed up a bit

Deleted
    I really want destruction to be nerfed tbh :s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's VERY premature to just assume we are going to be less effective in DPS next expansion. I don't actually see how you can talk about nerfed when there's a complete overall class revamping going to happen, and a reallignment of balance with level 100 and level 100 talents in mind. In short it's going to be a whole new game, with no actual point in between now and then connecting it where we can say "we were nerfed compared to then". The situation will have changed too much to compare the 2.

Then there's the fact that we have 3 DPS specs, and that 1 of them is usually effective enough to be in a good position, even if the other 2 are not, and I think we'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    What kind of nerfs do you predict?
    Like removing soul well and gateway etc? (Hint: No raid utility except the usual dps)
    Affliction got nerfed already with dot snapshotting removed

Why would they remove something like the soulwell? I find that really hard to believe. Aswell as the gateway/portal. They seem so fundamental to the warlock class..

And why would it be a nerf to remove dot snapshotting? I am confident they'll find a way to make up for the loss in dps to still keep us competitive. It's not like they are removing snapshotting and not compensating it in some other way.. Atleast I find that really hard to believe.

I doubt there will be any nerfs outside of just numbers.

But I sure do wish they'd axe Soulburn: Soul Swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    And why would it be a nerf to remove dot snapshotting? I am confident they'll find a way to make up for the loss in dps to still keep us competitive. It's not like they are removing snapshotting and not compensating it in some other way.. Atleast I find that really hard to believe.
    It'll narrow the delta, there will be some few who feel it as a nerf, for most it'll feel more like a buff. Same happened when Improved Soul Fire got put out of reach of Demo/Aff.

1. Remove Soul Swap
    2. Nerf resource generation when something dies for destro and affli
    3. nerf destro
    4. buff demo

Demo fotm next patch the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Charaz View Post
    I really want destruction to be nerfed tbh :s
    This.
    For years since I first created my warlock, my first spec is aff and second is demo. I never change it, for some reason I hate destro and I don't want it to be a viable spec ever. Don't know where this much hate comes from.

Deleted
    I don't think that they will remove all the things which are important, like f.e. soulwell or portstone. As far as i know their intention is to streamline all the classes and take away the kills, which are used once in a blue moon (so basically such things like enslave demon, because if i remember correctly there were just 4-5 occasions over the last 8 years of WoW, where it could be used).

I also don't think warlock needs a lot of nerfing. just a few tweaks here and there.
    Destruction: adjust the whole havoc+SB-shabang, which is one of the main reasons destruction lock pull high numbers. Also adjust SB, so that the "addsniping" isn't profitable. This could be done, if the executerange would be put f.e. @35%, but SB could have a small CD of 2-3 seconds, so that in the end the singletarget damage isn't influenced, but cheesing the meters through addkills is nerfed.

Demonology: Is more or less fine and is not "OP"

Affliction: with the removal of Dot-snapshotting is not further nerf needed.

Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    This.
    For years since I first created my warlock, my first spec is aff and second is demo. I never change it, for some reason I hate destro and I don't want it to be a viable spec ever. Don't know where this much hate comes from.
    I like destro personally. However, I think we can safely say the hate comes from your lil black warlock heart as it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It'll narrow the delta, there will be some few who feel it as a nerf, for most it'll feel more like a buff. Same happened when Improved Soul Fire got put out of reach of Demo/Aff.

Yes ofcourse, but saying "they're nerfing affliction by removing snapshotting" is kind of narrowminded. There will be compensations somewhere on the board for sure. Not to mention other classes will be affected just as much by it as affliction warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I like destro personally. However, I think we can safely say the hate comes from your lil black warlock heart as it should.
    I feel like destro has no rewards for skilled play outside havoc usage which is a really cheesy and clumsy spell to use most of the time imo.
    You do the same rotation (almost) while single targeting and aoeing. When you realise that you should CB during procs you are good to go kinda. It's not a terrible spec by any means, but it feels too easy and bores you out. It needs another spell or something added in somewhere.

Deleted
    I'd sign what Tramzh said, although I don't think that adding one spell would help making the specc more attractive. Some mechanic, that kind of synergizes with our ember-ressource however would.
    I personally would rather see demonology on top of the warlock speccs right now, rather then destruction on nearly every single boss (except for the fallen protectors).