Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    There's no reason to do it with 2 tanks when the most common heroic strategy is 3 tanks. Why learn it differently now.
    If they just got to dark shaman on normal chances are that they will never see dark shamans heroic while it is still current. Why learn a heroic strat if you aren't going to do heroics? Just yell at people who stand in shit, chances are it is just people not moving out of shit that is causing you to wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    3 tank for 10 man normal is some serious overkill.

overkill or not, the enrage timer is a joke in 10man 4 dps can handle it without any problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If they just got to dark shaman on normal chances are that they will never see dark shamans heroic while it is still current. Why learn a heroic strat if you aren't going to do heroics? Just yell at people who stand in shit, chances are it is just people not moving out of shit that is causing you to wipe.
    No reason to not 3 tank it even in normal the enrage timer is overtuned by like 4 minutes to be a difficult fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    *sigh* I mentioned them because YOU mentioned them. You saw how I quoted you, right? That means I was replying to YOU. You said that they were the reason to use the 3-tank strat and I said, no, they're not.

I've been doing the 3-tank strat on my Paladin ever since our first normal kill on 25-man. It's always been incredibly simple and easy. I've been doing the 2-tank strat on every normal kill on my warlock and it's always a clusterfuck with random deaths to any number of things, mostly interactions with Toxic Mist. Even when we were up to 4-6 heroic kills on my warlock, normal Dark Shamans had the occasional wipe and deaths to Toxic Mist interactions. As soon as we switched to heroic and started using 3 tanks, those clusterfuck deaths disappeared completely.

The mechanic is brutal on normal. Yes, you can get around it, but it's still brutal -- especially for guilds still progressing on it. That's been my whole point all along. It's not a question of viability -- the fight gets immensely easier when you use the 3-tank strategy.
    Why you feeding the troll?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    My main team has always 2 tanked dark shaman on normal and never had much trouble with it, even learning the fight, but I have done the three tank method in heroic as well as normal/flex when helping out lesser geared (also bad) people try to progress through the stuff.

Using three tanks makes the entire fight trivial really. Is it required? Of course not, the fight isn't that bad with two tanks. But does it make it a hell of a lot easier? Yes it does. I can't tell you how many groups i've seen that were unable to make any progress on this fight at all 2 tanking it that 1-shot it the first time they 3 tanked it.

All it really requires is the haromm tanks placing walls so they are well controlled. Personally I tank him in such a way that each wall he drops is right next to and running parallel with the walls inside the room. Then you just shift over to the next wall, theres like 6 of these walls, it's very easy to do. Then just try to minimize the green shit people stand in which is as simple is spreading out to be honest.

Easy peasy fight.

The random resets are quite annoying, i've seen them happen about 4 times now I think, but funny enough i've never seen them randomly reset during a 3 tank fight, usually they randomly despawn/reset when 2 tanking. Really wish blizz could make shit that worked right.
    We 3 tank HC and have had them despawn although it's ALWAYS been during a wipe.

Why make the fight easier on yourself?

Infact, on Siegecrafter don't even bother handling the conveyor belt. It's only needed on heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Why make the fight easier on yourself?

Infact, on Siegecrafter don't even bother handling the conveyor belt. It's only needed on heroic.
    Why make the fight slower than necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

they share health, so cleave them. splitting in normal is a waste of time.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Why make the fight slower than necessary?
    Might as well burn nazgrim through defensive then.
    Or bring galakras down mid-wave 8
    Or just send DPS/DPS, DPS/tank, DPS/DPS in for norushen

Kills the boss faster! Even if they're sorta things you only do when you are well into farm on a boss and should not be recommended for making progress as smooth as possible, like 2 tanking shamans when you can 3 tank.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The fight is trivially easy with 3 tanks, much easier than with 2. No reason NOT to do three tanks if you can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    they share health, so cleave them. splitting in normal is a waste of time.
    Every multiple target rotation will tell you not to do aoe unless there's 3+ targets. You're wasting dps as well.

Every multiple target rotation will tell you not to do aoe unless there's 3+ targets. You're wasting dps as well.
    Maybe in wrath...? This hasn't been true for a long time for plenty of specs.

Depends on the class. Cleave =/= aoe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The fight is trivially easy with 3 tanks, much easier than with 2. No reason NOT to do three tanks if you can.
    clearly it isnt trivial to the OP, as they are having trouble with normal with 3 tanks. either way, if it is a length of the fight issue, then 2 tanking it might be better as the fight is a lot shorter but a lot more healing intensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Depends on the class. Cleave =/= aoe
    idd, and if you have a lock in your raid then you will be able to get a lot more dmg on them through cleaving. hell, insane execute with havoc'd shadow burns is almost worth it alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gearshifter View Post
    Yet your still forgetting this is a casual raiding guild and since they are first at dark shamans at this point in the tier probably means they aren't the best players (or could have started later), so telling them how easy it was for u since you probably killed it on HC alrdy as well as many others doesn't help them at all, as they ALREADY told u they are struggling with it on normal. Learn to read the OP post and help them the way that will suit them best. It really doesnt help to tell them how good u were and how easy it was for you, when you clearly should know by own experience that the fight is way eassier with 3 tanks ALSO on normal.
    well clearly 3 tanking it on normal isnt as "easy" for them, is it now? it makes sense to tell them if one strat doesnt work that htey might want to try out another one, doesnt it? 2 tanking it is another strat that seems to work well also, and i never said that 3 tanking it on normal isnt viable, i said multiple times that it is a viable strat even on normal, but if 3 tanking it doesnt work, then what do you do then?

My flex group wanted to separate our the mobs on DS, with 3 tanks.. I wanted to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMonk View Post
    My flex group wanted to separate our the mobs on DS, with 3 tanks.. I wanted to cry.
    Fascinating! Do tell us more please.