Balance solo strategies - timeless isle elites

I have been playing boomkin for a few weeks now and feel pretty comfortable playing him in t16 raids, however i feel very unskilled when it comes to soloing the elites on the timeless isle.

In general I try to ensure i'm pre lunar before any pull, i start with farrie for the snare effect. I follow the normal single target rotation mentioned in the 5.4 guides. On creatures like the AoF, I can stay alive if i solely focus on strafing and displacer beasting out of the 1 shot ground effect but they happen so frequently it feel like it takes forever to kill one. Can anyone offer tips on doing good dps, while stay alive to make my coin farming a better experience?

Thanks,

AMR: /usa/stormrage/k%C3%A8rboom

Get all the zone buffs then jump around spamming instant casts.

Get the buffs go to the firewalker ruins throw down your rep flag and dot everything up. Things just melt and even with the less rep for non elites you can gain it faster and not worry about dying at all. Not sure why everyone likes the elites unless you have a couple people they just die to slow for me and my 540 gear at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    this. the chi'ji one is just insane

On massive pulls or rare mobs that hit hard, I use Nature's Vigil and put a Reju on myself. And like others said; use the buffs on the island.
    As for the frogs: don't pull to many and burn them down fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starrdust View Post
    this. the chi'ji one is just insane
    Yup.

Especially for Huolon, you can just kite it spamming SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'd definitely advise against jumping. Your position doesn't get updated until you land.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd definitely advise against jumping. Your position doesn't get updated until you land.
    Sure if you're playing in WotLK.