Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boomie burst macro error

So I have a macro for my burst. When celestial alignment + incarnation is up i press:

#showtooltip
    /cast Celestial Alignment
    /cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
    /cast Lifeblood

Almost always it makes CA + lifeblood go off but not incarnation and I end up having to double click it. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

*PS: I tried switching incarnation and lifeblood around in the macro to no avail.

This is because Incarnation is on the GCD, while the rest of the abilities aren't. Thus, if you try and click the macro right after triggering the GCD, it won't cast Incarnation.

In addition, you shouldn't macro it all together, as there will be times when you'll want to use Incarnation during lunar eclipse, and delay CA ~15 seconds.

Finally, by putting Lifeblood (2 min) together with CA (3 min), you're not really utilising its full potential.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Incarnation triggers GCD so if you just cast something your incarnation won't get used.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    This is because Incarnation is on the GCD, while the rest of the abilities aren't. Thus, if you try and click the macro right after triggering the GCD, it won't cast Incarnation.

In addition, you shouldn't macro it all together, as there will be times when you'll want to use Incarnation during lunar eclipse, and delay CA ~15 seconds.

Finally, by putting Lifeblood (2 min) together with CA (3 min), you're not really utilising its full potential.
    do you suggest i only pair lifeblood with incarnation then? and if i am using CA and incarnation together I should just hit one ability and then the other?

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    do you suggest i only pair lifeblood with incarnation then? and if i am using CA and incarnation together I should just hit one ability and then the other?
    You should separate Incarnation and Celestial Alignment, and when you do want to use them together, it is a slight DPS increase to delay CA until the GCD from Incarnation is about to expire (thus gaining up to 1 second of active CA time). If you want to min-max Lifeblood, you would want to cast it with CA if you're opening in Lunar, and 5 seconds before CA if you're opening in lunar. But honestly, if you want to min-max professions, you should get Blacksmithing or some other crafting profession anyway, so you might as well just macro it in with CA.

You should separate Incarnation and Celestial Alignment, and when you do want to use them together, it is a slight DPS increase to delay CA until the GCD from Incarnation is about to expire (thus gaining up to 1 second of active CA time). If you want to min-max Lifeblood, you would want to cast it with CA if you're opening in Lunar, and 5 seconds before CA if you're opening in lunar. But honestly, if you want to min-max professions, you should get Blacksmithing or some other crafting profession anyway, so you might as well just macro it in with CA.
    I'm not sure I understand "delay CA until the GCD from Incarnation is about to expire"

I'm not sure I understand "delay CA until the GCD from Incarnation is about to expire"
    When you cast Incarnation, it triggers the global cooldown, which lasts for 1-1.5 seconds, depending on your haste. If you cast Celestial Alignment just as you hit Incarnation, you will have CA running for that period without being able to cast any spells, but if you cast it towards the end of the global cooldown, you effectively gain some uptime on CA.

Does that clear it up? :P

Anyway, it's not gonna make or break anything, but it does allow for slightly more burst.

ohh yes i see what you're saying. thanks so much for your help! do many boomkins go with soul of the forest?

for burst at start of combat dont bind anything.

i do this
    with a countdown of course it helps line evertyhing up.

we usually do a 10 countdown due to our dk.
    but i go like this

at 3 i pot, at incarn, 1 i ca+ beserk both 3 min cds.

starfall, then dot, then spam starfire, use every starsurge proc even if u have to stop a starfire, and reapply dots a 1-2 seconds before u loose ca.

by doing this alone in my gear getting lucky with procs i pull about 1.7m burst on some fights.

also with the changes in 5.4 to trinkets its best to use every cd on the pull or just before, as trinkets proc as soon as u hit a boss/enter combat afer hitting a target.

Hope this helps u with your dps

ohh yes i see what you're saying. thanks so much for your help! do many boomkins go with soul of the forest?

as for this no most dont its a dps loss lol. as its an 8% chance over a 45% dps boost during eclipse, and ur in eclipse every few seconds. anyway.
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2013-12-04 at 09:54 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

No worries No, SotF is rarely used from what I've seen -- it's too inconsistent/RNG IMHO and you're likely to see equal better results with Incarnation in general and Force of Nature for pure single target (like Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok, Thok etc.) until you reach a certain ilvl at which Incarnation is likely to trump FoN even for single target.

It's simming decently and is probably viable, though.

No worries No, SotF is rarely used from what I've seen -- it's too inconsistent/RNG IMHO and you're likely to see equal better results with Incarnation in general and Force of Nature for pure single target (like Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok, Thok etc.) until you reach a certain ilvl at which Incarnation is likely to trump FoN even for single target.

It's simming decently and is probably viable, though.
    its viable only when u can reach your third haste breakpoint at 15318 haste rating, aka 3rd breakpoint.

but to get it before you can reach that is a dps loss, so the lower your ilvl aka below 570 u are better off going 10289 haste rating crit stacking and incarn.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    its viable only when u can reach your third haste breakpoint at 15318 haste rating, aka 3rd breakpoint.

but to get it before you can reach that is a dps loss, so the lower your ilvl aka below 570 u are better off going 10289 haste rating crit stacking and incarn.
    I haven't tested it extensively myself, but with my gear and ilvl (10440 haste, 571 ilvl), my simDPS with Incarnation is 322240,41 and with SotF it's 322322,25. That being said, I'd still stick with Incarnation regardless. WrathCalcs tends to undervalue burst anyway.

incarn scales better at a huigher ilvl

10+ Year Old Account

I am not sure I understand you here. are you talking about a 3rd haste point for boomkins? 10289 Haste is the highest cap for boomkin. The only number which comes after this is 10296(??) after which it's haste loss all the way because you hit the GCD cap. There is no 15318.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I am not sure I understand you here. are you talking about a 3rd haste point for boomkins? 10289 Haste is the highest cap for boomkin. The only number which comes after this is 10296(??) after which it's haste loss all the way because you hit the GCD cap. There is no 15318.
    Yes, there is. That being said, you shouldn't go for it. Haste's value is devauled a lot after the GCD cap. 5+15, Moonfire (w/o T14 4p) #5.
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

Please stop.

for burst at start of combat dont bind anything.

i do this
    with a countdown of course it helps line evertyhing up.

we usually do a 10 countdown due to our dk.
    but i go like this

at 3 i pot, at incarn, 1 i ca+ beserk both 3 min cds.

starfall, then dot, then spam starfire, use every starsurge proc even if u have to stop a starfire, and reapply dots a 1-2 seconds before u loose ca.

by doing this alone in my gear getting lucky with procs i pull about 1.7m burst on some fights.

also with the changes in 5.4 to trinkets its best to use every cd on the pull or just before, as trinkets proc as soon as u hit a boss/enter combat afer hitting a target.

Hope this helps u with your dps

as for this no most dont its a dps loss lol. as its an 8% chance over a 45% dps boost during eclipse, and ur in eclipse every few seconds. anyway.
    You might be better off to go pre solar, then do that rotation until trinkets proc, such as / if you have immer trinket, then Inc + CA
    i could be wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    You might be better off to go pre solar, then do that rotation until trinkets proc, such as / if you have immer trinket, then Inc + CA
    i could be wrong tho
    You are wrong. That is a terrible thing to do and you'll waste half your trinket procs.

Deleted

Be quiet, your basic opener is also wrong. You pop Starfall at pull before CA.
    So please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Generally, if you open with inc + CA, you open in solar, so you have an additional Starfall when you enter Lunar after CA as opposed to opening pre lunar if you pop Ca and Inc together.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    i could be wrong tho
    Another way to force ur trinket procs would be to preplant shrooms and pop them on the pull, from those u will most likely get most of ur procs up and can get into CA as soon as possible without wasting procs on simple wraths.
    Last edited by Pilzor; 2013-12-05 at 01:47 AM.