Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    And what about elitists that are dumb asses?

OT: I'd generally support a system where profanity would result in an auto kick. Even if it's really just that, a kick, that requires you to log back in.
    But the problem with that would be the technical realization. No profanity filter is perfect. Especially not the one Blizzard has in place...

In overall I think it may have some positive impact.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-12-05 at 02:24 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    Yes. Dumb people ruin wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And what about elitists that are dumb asses?
    We don't judge. You're dumb or not dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Cute but wrong.
    You make a compelling argument there. Maybe you should buy a very expensive car to make up for it. Seems to help alot of men in your situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an elitist by any measure, and I am very patient and forgiving of people whom are trying their best to learn fights and improve. People, such as yourself, I have no problem with.

It's people whom constantly and consistently fail to perform basic tasks (like the basic level of DPS required by the raid to hit an enrage timer, or moving out of the enormous red death mark on the floor) and, worst yet, make it perfectly clear they have no interest in even attempting to improve.
    The ones whom ignore the tactics when they are kindly explained very simply by other raid members, so they don't even have to open the dungeon log.
    The ones whom insist on nuking General Nazgrim during Defensive Stance, that insist on not attacking the Skull during Paragons of the Klaxxi.

These players are the ones that help introduce the toxic attitude that dominates LFR. They make the raid unnecessarily difficult for the other players, whom may not be uber geared or super skilled, but are at least doing their best.

These players are the ones with whom I can lose patience with, and they deserve it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I don't mind "dumbasses". Sometimes they are just casuals labeled as a dumbass by an elitist. It is the elitist I would rather see removed.
    To me "elitist" implies competence. Generally speaking, the people carrying on like you're describing aren't very competent & are actually dumbasses putting on airs and graces.

Most genuine elitists don't bother telling you what you're doing wrong. They expect randoms to be less competent & operate around that assumption.

Edit: As an aside, personally I find the reverse attitude to be just as obnoxious as the OP's self-aggrandising dumbasses. E.G. the ones who go "Who's this elitist prick telling me when I can & can't dps Nazgrim?"
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-12-05 at 02:25 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I
    I shouldn't have to ignore them. They should yank their elitist head out of their elitist ass and not be an elitist jerk
    So basically you want to control the behaviour of people on the internet. good FUCKING luck lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitism isn't about being good. Elitists are people who can't accept that other players play the game differently, so they criticize them on it in an attempt to feel superior. Aka: a dumbass

I don't know if you've ever met a real elitist, he's easy to identify though. Has the title of "scarab lord", every legendary item even if they cant equip it, long forgotten about mounts, and typically a decent guy.

Deleted
    Odd how some people think elitism is a positive trait? Sociopaths perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    We don't judge. You're dumb or not dumb.
    was sorta my point.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you define as an elitist though? if it's just someone that yells at people in LFR because they're bad, then fine, i agree. On the other hand, i consider myself somewhat of an elitist, i hate seeing bad, if you're going to do LFR/Flex/Normal atleast have the brains to look up a guide before hand, but i also like to HELP people when i see they're bad, mainly other tanks (because i do that as my MS).
    e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)
    n.
    1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
    a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
    b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.
    I think anyone who thinks they have to yell at someone everytime they wipe, everytime their DPS is low, everytime they miss the Flag Carrier, EVERYTIME THE OTHER GUY DOES SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE ELITIST WANTS HIM TO DO. It is just a game, and people should be allowed to play their way. If we wipe, so what. We try again. If DPS is low, so what, we try to help by being NICE about it, and not telling them to go kill themselves, but not before deleting their toon and uninstalling WoW. My definition of elitist is someone who makes WoW and job and takes everything in the game seriously with a life and death attitude.

You'd think elitists would have figured out by now we are the majority and the game is being tailored to us. We have NO issues with it the way it is, or will be. They have the issues, they can find a new sandbox to play in. We are the majority, we are casual, and like it or not, we are not leaving.

Deleted
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    Perhaps the 95% should start to learn the game instead of crying that they're being bullied for not learning the game?

Deleted
    There will always be pissing contests and as a result there will always be elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Elitism isn't about being good. Elitists are people who can't accept that other players play the game differently, so they criticize them on it in an attempt to feel superior. Aka: a dumbass
    This. You can be a very good player and not be elitist in the slightest. Just like you can be a terrible player with an elitist mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    So basically you want to control the behaviour of people on the internet. good FUCKING luck lol
    Wrong. I don't want to "control" anyone. I want elitists to wake up and smell the roses. This game is no longer theirs, and they need to recognize that fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This inferiority complex is absolutely pathetic, get a grip. If someones yelling at you your obviously doing something wrong, if you arent then they're just your typical douchebag that the ignore button is for.
    /agree

/thread

Deleted
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists?
    #OccupyYourLFR

^this, exactly, elistist wishes for performance not screaming at bad people who doesn't want to learn anything. That is called another mad boss kid.

Also if some people could stop thinking elistists are all jerks, we might be able someday to help others in an helpful way.

Deleted
    Perhaps self proclaimed elitists should actually educate themselves on the actual word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    Perhaps the 95% should start to learn the game instead of crying that they're being bullied for not learning the game?
    Perhaps the 95% should just be allowed to play and spend their $15 how they see fit. We asked for garrisons, we got them. Now we get shit about it being the sims. We asked for pet battles and got those too. We were teased for Pokemon. We asked for Barbershops, toy boxes, fey dragon mounts, and so on, and we keep getting what we want cause we are casual and will pay the same price as the elitists and not DEMAND new content every 10 days after we power-trash the old stuff.