Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Strike View Post
    I find it funny that so many people are saying the ones that get bent out of shape in LFR are the bads. I'd estimate about 75% of the raging I've seen in LFR comes from the Highest few DPS'ers or healers, who are obviously carrying the raid.
    And this matters why? This is why I use an addon that blocks the entire raid chat, so I don't see it. I also have chat bubbles turned off. I can't stand these people. Wiping in a 5 man in vanilla over 50 times was standard and accepted. Now wipe 1 time and everyone rages. It actually makes me sick people think and get mad over this. Failure is a good thing.

I know what you are thinking "Oh but It is LFR, you shouldn't wipe in LFR" - well news flash, not everyone can and will be as good as everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are talking shit and being annoying just put them on ignore or mentally ignore them. The only time elitist piss me off is when they start pulling bosses or pushing people to the finish line because of the "LFR is beneath me" attitude. I've been to a couple of LFR were an elitist scumbag started to do this and the healer/tank couldn't keep up and we wiped. Which of course causes him to call everyone a bunch of fails "this is what you get for using Looking For Retards" and that kind of shit. Instead of accepting the fact that we wiped because he's an asshole; if anything they need to fix the kick system so people like that GTFO as quickly as possible.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    This hurt my head to read, you actually believe this is what makes it so difficult to consider that you are actually serious.
    I have to concur with you. This person is clearly deluding himself into believing that the real world operates in this way. In the real world, elitism will typically get you into trouble with your respective company and hence, one may notice that elitism tends to occur most with those in entrepreneurs--those who can't and do not want to work with others. The delusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Oh, I don't. But I also do not have to tolerate such assholes.
    If you don't want to tolerate them, then use your ignore button.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    There's an ignore button for that very reason.
    I get what the OP is say, but you need to understand that hitting the ignore button only removes the ability to see the persons words on the screen, it does nothing to remove them from being disruptive to the rest of the group that is just trying to enjoy themselves and maybe get some gear or like me that just enjoy the occasional boss fight without all the drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, but the problem is you think that calling someone out on something is being an elitist. You can be a casual-mister-nice-guy and still call someone out on something. Why are you so offended why someone points out something that could HELP you and the raid? I have been called asshole for stating how someone died while having no malicious intent in my words. In fact... It's usually the bad players of the group that cause the most trouble. Usually by hindering the raid by poor performance and lashing out at constructive criticism.
    Alright, I'm gonna sum this up because I have some things to do. I feel as though you think that I'm labeling all Elitists as bad and all Casuals as good. Thats not the case.

There are douches on both side; the idiots who flaunt their superiority over others and the idiots who label anything helpful as elitism. The former are the douchey Elitists and the latter are the idiotic Casuals. That being said, there are also good people from each side. From what I've seen, the point this thread is discussing is the issue with the douchey Elitists, not the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    No, but what is going to end up happening is that your queue will ALWAYS end up taking from the "toxic player" crowd making the longer queue and the entire system useless because you'll still be getting toxic players.
    Nope, wrong. You clearly don't understand. I give up on you. Horrible logic.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I always have thought something like that would be neat.

Give players the ability to rate other players as "Like", "Neutral", "Dislike".

Then attempt to match likes with likes & avoid matching with dislikes.

It'd increase the overhead, but people everyone tended to like would probably end up with a shorter queue regardless. And people everyone disliked could get to suffer for their anti-social behaviour and/or poor performance.
    This system might work if we weren't human. If it means a faster queue, you're going to get people abusing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Nope, wrong. You clearly don't understand. I give up on you. Horrible logic.
    Nobody else seems to either. But that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I support this notion.
    I support the notion that people should actually try to be better. Seriously, don't like being told "scrub dps", get better. Someone says "Hey, if you gemmed this way, reforged this way, changed your rotation you could do so much better", don't jump all over them because you want to join a raid and push 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3 the entire fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

#NoMoreElitists
    I'll support you 100% when the system auto kicks people in 414 trinkets and leveling greens and blues from BG's. LFR? Who cares, I left it forever when flex came out.

If you really deserve to be insulted in flex or Heroic guess what, you're easy to kick and replace. BUH BYE

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    I get what the OP is say, but you need to understand that hitting the ignore button only removes the ability to see the persons words on the screen, it does nothing to remove them from being disruptive to the rest of the group that is just trying to enjoy themselves and maybe get some gear or like me that just enjoy the occasional boss fight without all the drama.

This is the point where YOU leave the raid and find a new one. I've taken the 30 minute debuff many times, instead of the 2-3 hours smashing my face into a brick wall.

For me toxic beavious/toxic players are those bad players who does not try to learn, who are always fail, who thinks they can do whatever they want in any part of the game just because they can queue.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontent-Fan-Art

You can see attendance to raids from here. As far as I understand this is not character based, this is account based statistics. If you have the ability to analyze statics you can understand me.

I am always leading LFRs, asking for leadership in case raid fails. But I have a limit. When it's a wipe il LFR 4-5 times ofc I hit to that limit and start yelling and asking people to kick failers. I have seen many people like me but you call me elitist and say "stfu".

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Thank you for showing us all such a fine example of an elitist attitude....
    Thank you for reaffirming why an elitist attitude is not a bad thing.

No, if you are tanking and #2 on dps it does not necessarily mean that the other dps'ers in the group "deserve" any kind of abuse.
    I didn't say anything about abuse. Suggesting someone learn how to play their class more effectively or perhaps take 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal and watch a Youtube video before wasting 24 other peoples' time and effort is not "abuse." It's advice. Maybe it's advice they don't want to hear, but that doesn't make it "abuse."

If you're tanking in level 580 dps gear, expect to be #2 or even #1 on the dps meter in LFR.
    Okay, I'm not doing that. I'm tanking in 530 tank gear, and beating 75% of the DPS in LFR who clearly aren't even using all of their abilities, let alone in anything resembling a rotation. If I can do 120k DPS in 530 tank gear, you shouldn't be coming in at 60k DPS as a pure damage class, even if I outgear you.

10+ Year Old Account
    you linked the definition of elitism not elitists. elitists try to do everything and everything to the best of their nature securing victory for themselves. so which one do you want out of BG's? the idiots saying they are the best but are shit? elitism kids? or the elitists who carry you through wins?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orville078 View Post
    If you don't want to tolerate them, then use your ignore button.
    The putting them on ignore does nothing, if they think they can get away with being an ass, they will always be one no what group they end up in, in the future. I queue for the LFR occasionally just to do something different. I do not want to have sit there and have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for some to stop raging, so the boss can be pulled.

I am more concerned with the people who either auto attack, do nothing or immediately die when a boss fight starts. There should be a minimum dps that people should have to maintain (for dps) or get no loot and get auto kicked. For the people who die immediately, same thing, you have to live til the boss is down to 20 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    This system might work if we weren't human. If it means a faster queue, you're going to get people abusing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody else seems to either. But that's okay.
    If that's what you use to excuse your inept logic, that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I support the notion that people should actually try to be better. Seriously, don't like being told "scrub dps", get better. Someone says "Hey, if you gemmed this way, reforged this way, changed your rotation you could do so much better", don't jump all over them because you want to join a raid and push 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3 the entire fight.
    But that's my rogue rotation! lol. Really though, as stated above you, there are horrible people on both sides of the coin. Elitist is misused as a word, but the point of the thread stands. Toxic players need to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Orukmeta View Post
    you have to live til the boss is down to 20 percent
    took you seriously until I saw that.

Deleted
    This ridiculous hugbox of a thread really didn't need to be made.