Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    Ok now we definately know you're bitter because of an argument you had in a PuG with someone who called you out for doing badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I'd honestly would put up with elitist assholes all day long if they are pulling their weight and making life easier for myself, but I will not tolerate the terrible, 20k DPS, loud mouth asshole that is doing nothing but causing trouble.
    I don't condone assholes in general. Only thing worse than an asshole who pulls his weight, is an asshole who doesn't.

Deleted
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    Here's an idea, lets develop features in the game that separate those players who can play well, the elites, and those players that cannot/appear unable/refuse to play well.

Oh no, wait, don't waste time and money developing something for this, it is already in the game all over the place. Yeah, sorry for the sarcastic opening line, but systems to "remove" elitists from raids and bgs are already in place. They're called heroic raiding and high rated pvp. The elites play those modes of the game and, unless they are shit and therefore not elite, play pretty much amongst their own kind. You needn't worry about them. If, on an off day or some downtime, they infiltrate your modes of gameplay and start mouthing off, ignore them. The chances of an actual "elite" raider or pvper porting into your LFR/random bg and causing trouble are pretty slim. It is also pretty easy to find out who actually is elite and who just has a big mouth. The armoury is a great tool for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Ok now we definately know you're bitter because of an argument you had in a PuG with someone who called you out for doing badly.
    Of course I am bitter about a situation. This is a forum and I am complaining. DUUUUUUUUUUUH! I was in a BG, Arathi Basin, and I was minding my biz fighting with Horde to hold the Lumbermill. Some asshat keeps screaming about the Mine and how we are all worthless scrubs who should uninstall and kill ourselves cause we are wasting HIS time in HIS Battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Elitism doesn't exist in companies?

Oh you naive person.
    Comprehension. I never said that.

Being too afraid to speak up =/= problem does not exist. It's like saying she doesn't talk about her bruises, so her husband must not be abusing her.
    I think it's going a little far to say that someone being abused is as afraid to speak up as someone that has 100% anonymity. People don't have to say anything to hit yes on a vote kick that you initiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It's alright. We're already in Flex.
    Woah, we got a badass over here! This guys seriously hardcore. He moved onto FLEX!

For real though, that's what's bad about "elitists" is that they're usually not actually good at the game, they just pretend to be by putting others down. Case in point: the guy who thinks he's pro for moving onto flex.

Lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Create new chat tab w/o instance channels.
    Display tab.
    ???
    Profit.
    I've never done this. When you do, does chat still appear above people's heads?

Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing.
    Right. Isn't that a clue for you? Maybe that most people disagree with you that "attitude" is more important than simply performing well in LFR, killing bosses, and succeeding as a group in achieving goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I've never done this. When you do, does chat still appear above people's heads?
    No, but you can turn chat bubbles off in the interface panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?
    You please the outliers in hope of sustaining your player base. It is called being progressive.

Of course I am bitter about a situation. This is a forum and I am complaining. DUUUUUUUUUUUH! I was in a BG, Arathi Basin, and I was minding my biz fighting with Horde to hold the Lumbermill. Some asshat keeps screaming about the Mine and how we are all worthless scrubs who should uninstall and kill ourselves cause we are wasting HIS time in HIS Battleground.
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    No... we want to remove elitists.

They often don't know they're in fact the dumbasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I don't know what I did to offend you, but you're welcome to explain to me exactly why your system wouldn't just start taking from the toxic list from the inevitably longer queues. We're not just talking about tanks. But if you're content to try and start some flame war, don't bother replying.
    Your futile logic is offensive. You argued that, "Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless?" Now, your argument is constant pulling some "toxic" players all the time. The idea is to minimize the amount of toxic players.

15+ Year Old Account
    So u want the 350k+ dps to be kicked cause he yelled on the 30k dps for holding back the raid or even wiping the raid for doing stupid shit
    Are u THAT easily butthurt that u cant take criticism or someone calling you out for being bad at ur class?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    It sounds like you can't even handle tanking LFR, which is a major problem. Instead of getting upset at the raid for rightfully calling you out for wiping in LFR, I'd work on your game a bit more so this doesn't happen. Wiping in LFR, on any level, should not happen -- ever. Wiping on normals sometimes, but wiping on heroics is acceptable while progressing, obviously. You have misplaced anger, sir. Your anger is actually at yourself for not being good enough to tank LFR, but you're taking it out on the poor souls who had to suffer through it and randomly got put into the run with you. Chain tank heroics and do further research on boss fights in raids. Continue to work on Proving Grounds. If PVP is your thing, do many, many battlegrounds before even daring do Arenas or RBG. This is friendly advice, please don't take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    You please the outliers in hope of sustaining your player base. It is called being progressive.
    I don't think kicking people out of raids is really the way we want to be "pleasing outliers" Especially when the other people in the raid are against it. What about those other people, by the way, won't they become a group that should be equally considered?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    No... we want to remove elitists.

They often don't know they're in fact the dumbasses.
    Yeah, but what about the "dumbasses" that aren't elitist?

Deleted
    You don't want to do it in PvE, or you won't be able to finish that raid (without Blizzard overnerfing it for you).
    You don't want to do it in PvP, because your skill will never increase, if you won't play against and with more skilled players than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Your futile logic is offensive. You argued that, "Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless?" Now, your argument is constant pulling some "toxic" players all the time. The idea is to minimize the amount of toxic players.
    Yes, and with that, you agree, would come with higher queues. You also said that if a queue is long enough(your 1 tank example) it would start pulling players from the toxic player list that you currently have filtered out. I think the system contradicts itself if it pulls even a single "toxic" player into your group because you're getting a longer queue but still with toxic players.