Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helcaraxe View Post
    For me toxic beavious/toxic players are those bad players who does not try to learn, who are always fail, who thinks they can do whatever they want in any part of the game just because they can queue.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontent-Fan-Art

You can see attendance to raids from here. As far as I understand this is not character based, this is account based statistics. If you have the ability to analyze statics you can understand me.

I am always leading LFRs, asking for leadership in case raid fails. But I have a limit. When it's a wipe il LFR 4-5 times ofc I hit to that limit and start yelling and asking people to kick failers. I have seen many people like me but you call me elitist and say "stfu".
    It is not the wiping that bother me, its the yelling a screaming that turns me off. Being that I have done more than my share of raiding, wiping is pretty much a given especially on new content no matter whom is raiding in it. If you are bitching after 4 or 5 wipes in the LFR (lack of mechanic or not), then you must not be much of a raider in the first place. You also have no business being in the LFR, if you are high level normal or heroic raider as that environment was never intended for you in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    You sound kinda like an elitist casual seeing that you want to kick and remove anybody that isnt enjoying the game YOU think should be enjoyed.Get over yourself OP.
    I don't mind if they play differently from myself, I mind when they are over inflated ego douches. There is no need to join a party with a group of total strangers and then proceed to berate and belittle them by telling them to uninstall the game and kill themselves. Toxic players serve no purpose in the community and should be removed.

I think we should remove all the people who fuck up and cause the "elitists" to yell at them. Seems to make more sense.

If you get rid of the elitists who is gonna carry your sorry casual ass in LFR on his alt, which is probably better geared then you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    It is not the wiping that bother me, its the yelling a screaming that turns me off. Being that I have done more than my share of raiding, wiping is pretty much a given especially on new content no matter whom is raiding in it. If you are bitching after 4 or 5 wipes in the LFR (lack of mechanic or not), then you must not be much of a raider in the first place. You also have no business being in the LFR, if you are high level normal or heroic raider as that environment was never intended for you in the first place.
    #1 - Maybe the person who is doing normal/hard mode is playing on an alt

#2 - Again, I find the people doing the flaming are the ones doing badly to try and draw attention off of their piss poor performance

#3 - Who are you to say what content is for whom?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Personally, I don't consider myself an elitist jerk for doing what I did, but I do believe that sometimes these kinds of things do need to be pointed out. If it's obvious someone is trying, that's one thing...but otherwise people might be wasting their time wiping because some guy decided to go AFK and auto attack and not do his job while expecting to be carried to get his gear, simply because people didn't want to call him on it for fear of looking "elitist".
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for addressing issues in a group and trying to assist, my issue stands with people who are blatant assholes about it. If you are calling someone out on DPS, do it constructively and offer to help. If the person you are offering to help turns out to be a douche, they SHOULD be removed. But people who are just playing for fun, and not trying to be bad do not deserve to be berated or told to hang themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I don't mind if they play differently from myself, I mind when they are over inflated ego douches. There is no need to join a party with a group of total strangers and then proceed to berate and belittle them by telling them to uninstall the game and kill themselves. Toxic players serve no purpose in the community and should be removed.
    Again, it isn't just elitists, I find that more of the bad players do that.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

During my LFR escapades, a lot of those elitists actually get the group through a tough situation, whether through simply doing better or instructing people on how its done, regardless of how poorly they may deliver them.

I guess it really depends on the degree of the elitism, which would be an issue. How do you judge when one's an elitist, and at what threshold do you get kicked? Because assuming that anyone that tells people to uninstall or harm themselves in any way are elitists is just plain incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    During my LFR escapades, a lot of those elitists actually get the group through a tough situation, whether through simply doing better or instructing people on how its done, regardless of how poorly they may deliver them.

I guess it really depends on the degree of the elitism, which would be an issue. How do you judge when one's an elitist, and at what threshold do you get kicked?
    How is helping being elitist? That is kind of the direct opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    If you get rid of the elitists who is gonna carry your sorry casual ass in LFR on his alt, which is probably better geared then you are.
    The person who knows how to treat other party members with respect. I don't care how good you are, or how well you play. No one has the right to treat total strangers like shit. You want to be helpful, or offer tips, that's fine. If the only thing to come from your shit sucking pie hole is "Go kill yourself noob!", then I have no use for you. Skilled or not, there is no reason to act like a fucktard to people in ANY group.

+1, remove elitists so in LFR we will have only normal DD w. 20-30k dps, afk heals and 1st time tanks. We need some filters, so casuals can play with people like them, i want to see 100 topics\day *LFR is to hard* when no one carry them.

Deleted
    WoD will make LFR idiot proof, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    How is helping being elitist? That is kind of the direct opposite.
    People are entirely capable of telling people what to do while being an elitist, as it's really all in the delivery. It's not to be helpful, it's to help themselves. But it works from time to time.

I don't mind "dumbasses". Sometimes they are just casuals labeled as a dumbass by an elitist. It is the elitist I would rather see removed.

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't have to ignore them. They should yank their elitist head out of their elitist ass and not be an elitist jerk
    And I shouldn't have to workout 5 days a week to get in shape, I should just have to wake up tomorrow and be buffed as an ox. But you know, reality. So use the ignore button if it's so unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The person who knows how to treat other party members with respect. I don't care how good you are, or how well you play. No one has the right to treat total strangers like shit. You want to be helpful, or offer tips, that's fine. If the only thing to come from your shit sucking pie hole is "Go kill yourself noob!", then I have no use for you. Skilled or not, there is no reason to act like a fucktard to people in ANY group.
    If I'm really thinking about it, I rarely see anyone who freaks out to the extent you're speaking of, and in the event that it does happen, the raid as a whole is much more likely to tell THEM to stfu or kick them than they are to likely to kick the underperformer.

The sad part is, in my experience, the only people I've ever seen talk to people like this in LFR are usually toward the bottom of DPS or Healing meters... Or clueless tanks. They may be "elitists" but they're definitely not elite lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    People are entirely capable of telling people what to do while being an elitist. It's not to be helpful, it's to help themselves.
    Personally I think a lot of people coin others as elitist or jerks or whatever because they don't like having their poor performance questioned, whether it be nicely or rude, I am not saying being a jerk is ok or that people can't be real fun suckers, but honestly.........all this crying and as I have said, I see more of the douchebaggery done by bads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy creates a thread where he wants certain players kicked out of parts of the game they PAY FOR and tries to logically explain his reasoning with those guys affecting a small part of what he pays for. So, do you want a system that automatically bans people who are jerks in trade chat, too? C'mon, are you serious? There is an ignore function and don't tell me for one second that you can't just not talk to that person or ignore the idiot yelling at you for doing 150k dps. That's a problem with YOU not THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    If I'm really thinking about it, I rarely see anyone who freaks out to the extent you're speaking of, and in the event that it does happen, the raid as a whole is much more likely to tell THEM to stfu or kick them than they are to likely to kick the underperformer.
    I've seen it a few times. The sad thing is, usually in the same run there's that guy on the opposite end of the spectrum that refuses to kick and tries to talk everyone out of it, "come on guys, we're here to have fun. let's just focus and finish up."

Meanwhile, asshat continues to scream and rant at the raid until we're done because the "good guy" made everyone feel guilty about kicking an asshat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who will carry you then?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.