Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stenbumling89 View Post
    people who take offense from some random guy tossing out a swear are a bit too sensitive in my opinion
    Can be a lot worse than that. I'm not playing on a US server and people swear just fine without trouble. It's the part with being personal against others. I don't give a fuck about swearwords
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    False, it slows down the raid, and takes the spot of someone else who might care. Not to mention its leeching at its finest.
    Nothing I said was false. You can still easily complete the raid with 5 people AFK. If those people were there, you wouldn't see a massive difference unless they were overgeared, which is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    "HEY IDIOT YOU DIDN'T USE THE CORRECT WORD! IT'S YOU'RE AS IN YOU ARE. IT IS NOT "YOUR". THAT MEANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. DIDN'T YOU GO TO SCHOOL MORON? QUIT LIFE. YOU FAIL AT YOUR OWN LANGUAGE. HOW SHITTY IS THAT FOR YOU?"

Was that pleasant? You did something wrong. Does that give me the right to do what I just did?

Of course not.
    Did him doing something wrong waste your time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, how they want often means not trying, so they can watch jersey shore and eat mcdonalds while they play.
    And? If they want to play like that, let them. If they are such a hindrance, the group can easily remove them. The reality is that they aren't, hence why the rest of the raid ignores them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Nothing I said was false. You can still easily complete the raid with 5 people AFK. If those people were there, you wouldn't see a massive difference unless they were overgeared, which is highly unlikely.
    False, they are taking up spots for people who care and try, and slowing down the raid. They are also leeching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Did him doing something wrong waste your time?
    To some people such an error is like not getting the morning coffee. It's ruining the day, and is waste of the same, clearly.
    Besides. It's harder to read caps lock. Makes it take longer to read, which is a waste of time. Specially since it's extremely rare that it's worth reading.

And? If they want to play like that, let them. If they are such a hindrance, the group can easily remove them. The reality is that they aren't, hence why the rest of the raid ignores them.
    False, they are a hindrance. If we wipe and have 5 afk, then guess whos fault it is? I always call them out and get them removed in LFRs I'm in. They are doing something douchey and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    False, they are taking up spots for people who care and try, and slowing down the raid. They are also leeching.
    I dont think you understand what the word "false" means. I never said that they aren't taking spots and that they aren't slowing down the raid. I said that it wouldn't make a huge difference considering how undergeared your average LFR player is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    I'm not rude. Also, feelings are stupid on the internet. "Hey, you could be doing more DPS, do you want help?" "NO FUCK YOU ELITIST, I PLAY HOW I WANT"
    I just think that removing the people who know what the fuck they're doing is stupid.
    I'm not suggesting you are rude, I'm saying there is no need to be rude to express your dislike for something.

Feelings are not stupid on the internet. They exist. The problem, in my opinion, is not that people have feelings (this is a good thing) it is that there seems to be a fairly widely accepted view that they are a bad thing to have, or consider in your wording, on the internet.

Some people will react like that, but some also wont. Everyone does not need to be treated the same because a few cannot accept help. Treat everyone individually, as you would wish to be yourself, until they divulge their opinion on the help you are offering. If they react badly, move on. If they react well, help them. Surely this will create a better community feel whilst also improving the player base, especially if every good player started doing it.

So do I. I think you're assuming I'm on a side of an argument I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yes I do play the game, and yes I have played since vanilla. I am currently finding it quite hilarious that you, who does not play the game and clearly has bile and hatred towards it (yet still browses a forum dedicated to it for some strange reason, as if he's some internet Jesus educating the masses) is trying to tell somebody who DOES play it what it is like.

I'll tell you what i'm saying is not true.

This hilarious assumption that you're some herald for "real gamers" and you have spoken to them as they left.

People complain about people being assholes, no shit? It's not just casual players who do this.

Pure conjecture, is this what you have garnered from all these "real gamers" who quit and appointed you as spokesperson? You think the WoW community is the worst, HA. Go and play a game like LoL or any number of MMO games such as Runescape or other heavily F2P models.

Again absolutely no proof to back up this statement.

Again confusing the words "elitist" and "skilled", they're not interchangeable as much as you wish they were.

Again, the spokesperson of the real gamer (whatever that is, I guess just anybody who quit the game) speaking for the people.

The ultimate irony being that WoW has always been viewed as the casual MMO, and Vanilla was viewed as such by older MMO players
    What do you want? Signed research documents with polling methodology and a wide sample spread? Do you have a shred of common sense in your head? The game has lost millions of subs, the community is awful and casual. These are facts that are easily observed from playing the game or reading forums dedicated to the game.

What I find shocking is that you come to an internet forum that's sole purpose is to allow people to air their opinions, yet you expect to find hard scientific data here instead. You're going to find a lot of opinion backed up by observation on any forum, and I think you will have a very hard time proving me wrong when I say the game is more casual than its ever been, its losing players at steady rate and the community is garbage. Now give me some "proof" that any of those statements are untrue.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread gives me an idea.why not set a MAX ILV for some content? Such as LFR.Might really help hat side of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    False, they are a hindrance. If we wipe and have 5 afk, then guess whos fault it is? I always call them out and get them removed in LFRs I'm in. They are doing something douchey and wrong.
    I'm not saying they aren't a hindrance, I'm saying they aren't a big one. And thanks for backing up my point I was making; you already have a way to remove them if they are such a big issue.

Why remove anyone?

Casuals don't wanna run with elitists...

Elitists don't wanna run with casuals...

So pair them together, and keep them apart.

Put all the bads together in one group, put all the "elitists" together in the other group. Problem solved.

Except for the fact the bads wouldn't kill a single boss ever again without being carried. Then they'd complain about THAT and demand to be paired with elitists, but won't allow them to point out the fact bad people are bad. Sigh.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    A social experience? Are you kidding? Lets mash together with 25 random ass people, not say a thing, not really coordinate in any way, get loot and leave. Yes sounds very social.
    IT whould let ppl like the op play with the other ppl that doesnt care about preformance, and the rest of us gets to play with preformance oriented ppl. sounds like a winwin to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I'm not suggesting you are rude, I'm saying there is no need to be rude to express your dislike for something.

Feelings are not stupid on the internet. They exist. The problem, in my opinion, is not that people have feelings (this is a good thing) it is that there seems to be a fairly widely accepted view that they are a bad thing to have, or consider in your wording, on the internet.

Some people will react like that, but some also wont. Everyone does not need to be treated the same because a few cannot accept help. Treat everyone individually, as you would wish to be yourself, until they divulge their opinion on the help you are offering. If they react badly, move on. If they react well, help them. Surely this will create a better community feel whilst also improving the player base, especially if every good player started doing it.

So do I. I think you're assuming I'm on a side of an argument I'm not.
    Possibly.
    I'm just sick of going into LFR's, trying to be nice, explaining strategies, and then being called a dick because some 8/14 normal kid thinks he knows the best way to do a fight.
    I suggest to lust on pull on Nazgrim in LFR. This usually results in 3 or 4 people screaming about how I'm wrong.
    On one such occasion I said something like "Well, half our DPS die to the first shockwave, so if they're alive for lust at least we get a little more."
    I was then berated for being a dick to people. "Just cause they're casual doesn't mean you can yell at them!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This thread gives me an idea.why not set a MAX ILV for some content? Such as LFR.Might really help hat side of the game.
    No. The issue isn't with high level iLvl people joining LFR, it's with people who think they're good flaunting it over others.

I'm not saying they aren't a hindrance, I'm saying they aren't a big one. And thanks for backing up my point I was making; you already have a way to remove them if they are such a big issue.
    Its sad to me that someone would even defend a slacker/afk/scumbag ... you literally just said they aren't a hindrance, then turn around and say you didn't:

If they are such a hindrance, the group can easily remove them. The reality is that they aren't, hence why the rest of the raid ignores them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    What do you want? Signed research documents with polling methodology and a wide sample spread? Do you have a shred of common sense in your head? The game has lost millions of subs, the community is awful and casual. These are facts that are easily observed from playing the game or reading forums dedicated to the game.

What I find shocking is that you come to an internet forum that's sole purpose is to allow people to air their opinions, yet you expect to find hard scientific data here instead. You're going to find a lot of opinion backed up by observation on any forum, and I think you will have a very hard time proving me wrong when I say the game is more casual than its ever been, its losing players at steady rate and the community is garbage. Now give me some "proof" that any of those statements are untrue.
    Yes to your first question, because it's your biased ideas of how it is, and you have not even a trace of idea why it really is. Thanks for trying with a "lol-i-can-find-proof-but-wont"-attempt

10+ Year Old Account
    Its sad to me that someone would even defend a slacker/afk/scumbag ... you literally just said they aren't a hindrance, then turn around and say you didn't:
    Poor wording as I assumed people would see what I meant. "If they are such a massive hindrance" is what it should read. If you've been reading my posts to you, I've made that clear, but oh well.

Also, you find it sad that I'm defending someone who barely affects the raid and is enjoying it however they want? How odd. You are just making this into a bigger issue than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The issue isn't with high level iLvl people joining LFR, it's with people who think they're good flaunting it over others.
    I agree...But in some cases those are htme and it helps prevent carrying as much...Npt that LFR really requires it but those supposed gods of wow who we are lucky to even be in the same game with might gain perspective if not able to outgear it..Of course that's if they aren't actually just that good LOL..Would also force people to try somewhat in LFR.