Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, in all honesty, she does pad a lot, like taking mannoroth's fury on nazgrim for the sole reason to pad a lot of dmg off the many adds standing in front of nazgrim when the most efficient thing would be to just reset him and get those adds removed and shorten the fight a great deal. not that there is anything wrong with padding, its just pointless dmg for the sake of doing more dps. id rather do 400k effective dps instead of 600k dps where half of it is useless dmg but ofc it doesnt look quite as awesome on the meters. getting ranks is all about padding and luck like getting those procs at the right moment.
    What do you do to keep killing the same boss interesting for the 6+ months till next expansion?
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-05 at 10:59 PM.

well, in all honesty, she does pad a lot, like taking mannoroth's fury on nazgrim for the sole reason to pad a lot of dmg off the many adds standing in front of nazgrim when the most efficient thing would be to just reset him and get those adds removed and shorten the fight a great deal.
    I know this isn't the proper thread for this discussion and I'm not saying you're wrong but MF has the potential of being a DPS increase as Demo when you frequently have a lot of targets to attack that are spread out. I've tried it with success on both Protectors and Spoils and I can see it being viable even on Nazgrim. Without padding.

just to be sure, the optimal way to use 4 pc proc is to refresh immolate if its not buffed by 1 more more trinket procs, then fire off a chaos bolt as well?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    just to be sure, the optimal way to use 4 pc proc is to refresh immolate if its not buffed by 1 more more trinket procs, then fire off a chaos bolt as well?
    All you really care about with Immolate is it's crit chance. It's damage is pretty negligible. In general I'd say recast it if it's in pandemic range. (Not optimal in all situations, but rules of thumb aren't accurate ever anyway)

Chaos Bolt only if you'd otherwise be forced to cast a non-buffed Chaos Bolt.

Between the two Immolate is more important.

3rd full week of 10H Siegecrafter progression tonight. Was destro as GoSac + Mastery > Haste >= Crit. My dmg was more than fine. The only problem I had was running out of embers for FnB on mines. Tonight I switched to GoSup + Crit > Haste > Mastery. There was a noticeable difference in FnB ember generation. The overall mine dmg was roughly the same, but it was way smoother. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Are most of you just waiting for both overcharged mines to blow before you start using FnB? Am I starting too early? Starting to get impatient with this boss.

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-785irbe36wh02aqx/ Logs if anyone is interested this late. I'm digging pretty deep.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-12-06 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    All you really care about with Immolate is it's crit chance. It's damage is pretty negligible. In general I'd say recast it if it's in pandemic range. (Not optimal in all situations, but rules of thumb aren't accurate ever anyway)

so, do you only cast rain of fire when you have meta gem proc or during blood lust? is it a gain to cast it on 2 targets even when u have no haste proc?

10+ Year Old Account
    so, do you only cast rain of fire when you have meta gem proc or during blood lust? is it a gain to cast it on 2 targets even when u have no haste proc?
    It is a gain on two targets providing you are rolling immolate on both (which you should be).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I know this isn't the proper thread for this discussion and I'm not saying you're wrong but MF has the potential of being a DPS increase as Demo when you frequently have a lot of targets to attack that are spread out. I've tried it with success on both Protectors and Spoils and I can see it being viable even on Nazgrim. Without padding.

ofc you can use mf without padding, but the dmg you gain from using it on the pack that stands in front of nazgrim b4 you engage him is nothing but padding.

- - - Updated - - -

afaik its a gain as long as you can hit 2 targets or has a significant haste proc like LMG or bloodlust.

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc you can use mf without padding, but the dmg you gain from using it on the pack that stands in front of nazgrim b4 you engage him is nothing but padding.
    With regards to destruction and the actual thread we're in, I'm pretty sure you can't use MF without padding (and it's not even good for padding).

Deleted
    ye sorry, was off topic.

Should i drop 4 set bonus (Normal) for:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105757
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=105171

Not sure how good the 4 set bonus is. got heroic chest so thats my current off piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    3rd full week of 10H Siegecrafter progression tonight. Was destro as GoSac + Mastery > Haste >= Crit. My dmg was more than fine. The only problem I had was running out of embers for FnB on mines. Tonight I switched to GoSup + Crit > Haste > Mastery. There was a noticeable difference in FnB ember generation. The overall mine dmg was roughly the same, but it was way smoother. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Are most of you just waiting for both overcharged mines to blow before you start using FnB? Am I starting too early? Starting to get impatient with this boss.

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-785irbe36wh02aqx/ Logs if anyone is interested this late. I'm digging pretty deep.
    I am only 2 nights in on this guy, but I found I was able to maintain AoE on the mines easily after the first large dies. That left 2 smalls, 1-2 large, and boss for 4-5 targets which gave enough ember generation to net even. I am GoSac Mastery > Crit > Haste however.

Above said, We were killing Missiles and dealing with mines, however after more research it seems that's more of a 25 man strat and most 10's take out mines and deal with Missiles. Swapping strat around potentially wont have mines spawning on boss, so AoEing after first large dies as I had been may not work as well without the boss as 4th target.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I am only 2 nights in on this guy, but I found I was able to maintain AoE on the mines easily after the first large dies. That left 2 smalls, 1-2 large, and boss for 4-5 targets which gave enough ember generation to net even. I am GoSac Mastery > Crit > Haste however.
    I kill this on 25h, so ymmv, but I find my numbers don't vary too much as far as throughput if I use fnb/don't use fnb vs single mine waves - just because of the spread nature of how our tanks move vs where the mines spawn. I save fnb + second pot + time dark soul for the double. I can't imagine 10m has more mines overall, so you would probably find it similar, especially if you are killing mines on the belt - although you may have less ranged dps available to put on them - we have ~10 of 25 ranged dps per kill (4 locks, 1-2 ele, 2 boom, 2-3 hunters, mage, spriest)
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-06 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t3kneek View Post
    Is anyone find that there is any "op" combination of soaking orbs in p1/p2 of heroic malkorok? We're progressing him atm on 10m and I found out real quick that sac pact is kinda gross for it. Was going to give dark bargain a try tonight. any help would be appreciated!
    About 5 seconds before we pull, I'll sac pact and twilight ward. A healer throws a hot on me and i'm at full health before the pull. This allows my shield to continue charging up the first 15 seconds of the fight and being unaffected by the knockup. Make sure you have a teleport down along the edge of the room for knockups. Never stop to cast on your teleport that way orbs do not spawn on it. As for soaking, make sure you cast twilight ward before taking damage. Use mortal coil (macro to cast @boss1) or glyph of healthstone to help healers replenish your shield after soaking. In the emergency case where you absolutely need to soak with no shield and have no coil/ward/hs, then sac pact (with decent available health pool) or ember tap with unending resolve. If you can avoid orbs during phase 1, you'll never see that emergency situation and can safely use UR+Sac to clear orbs during phase 2.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-12-07 at 12:17 AM.

Do you wait to use havoc until you have a trinket proc or dark soul? Or do you use it every 25 sec on cd? On fight where there is almost constant cleave, like H malkorok or nazgrim.

Do you wait to use havoc until you have a trinket proc or dark soul? Or do you use it every 25 sec on cd? On fight where there is almost constant cleave, like H malkorok or nazgrim.
    CD unless you absolutely know that you'll have a trinket come up (READ: ICD) and you wouldn"t be able to get the Havoc in on the other end of the Havoc CD.

CD unless you absolutely know that you'll have a trinket come up (READ: ICD) and you wouldn"t be able to get the Havoc in on the other end of the Havoc CD.
    Thanks. I assume that unless you know you can get at least 2 shadowburns havoc cleaved before the add dies, its better to use the havoc on a chaos bolt?

Well, cleaving the add will give you the extra ember too.

Thanks. I assume that unless you know you can get at least 2 shadowburns havoc cleaved before the add dies, its better to use the havoc on a chaos bolt?
    If you can get 1 Shadowburn off and use the rest of the charges with Immo/Incinerate, then it's better.

Deleted
    I would like a more competent opinion.

Here are some logs:
    wwwworldoflogscom/reports/9h0ng64rkktbsyke/

Here is my armory:
    eubattlenet/wow/en/character/jaedenar/Mnmlsm/simple

According to Mr.Robot everything is fine when it comes to reforging and enchants. I know my gear is "meh" and I am wondering if I can expect more than 120k-130k on a single target fight.

P.S.
    Please, put some dots in the links as I am not authorized to post links, but this is certainly not spam or something.