Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Using the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands makes 0 sense. First of all Outland isn't going anywhere so it still has to be accesible and second of all we are going back in time so it should either be in the Caverns of Time or a completely different place.
    Just don't make it a fucking portal in OG/SW for "convenience".
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-12-06 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Using the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands makes 0 sense. First of all Outland isn't going anywhere so it still has to be accesible and second of all we are going back in time so it should either be in the Caverns of Time or a completely different place.
    They already said at blizz that we will access draenor through the dark portal, and it will be red. They did not mention if their is another portal at all, and I believe they said Outland can be accessed in caverns of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, that's nice. Maybe instead they can make the portal zone us into someplace that lets us enjoy our flying mounts at max level before three months after we're done with the area they eventually let us fly in by making us do some 20+ long quest attunement process.

Can it zone us to that place? I'd totally take that portal.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Seeing as how this was discussed weeks ago, in many threads, and now today, another thread was made with these exact points. I have to think, the OP saw this other thread, and decided to make an exact copy of it. Why?
    An exact copy, you say? Hmm, interesting. Two of the same threads that exist in the same forum on the same front page... yet occupy entirely different dimensions. My guess is this thread is the work of a powerful sorcerer or rogue member of the Bronze Dragonflight. Have we studied the ley lines of the WoD discussion forums? Where do they converge? Perhaps on this thread?

So much studying to do... off to Dalaran!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That video shows the DEVELOPMENT not the finished product. When they got to the "near finished product" they gave us this:

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...raenor_map.png

Way you can tell is if you watch the other vids they said that Frostwind began as a desert but then got turned into snow and mountains. Yours shows desert, therefore couldn't possibly be the finished product. You may be right about the middle zone it's hard to tell, maybe it'll be a Tavern in the Mists again
    Why do the Frostwolf Clan live in a purple desert?
    \

My favorite part of the entire blizzcon panel on wod
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know... I think you're on to something. If this holds true, good find.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I don't know, but the art dude with the pony tail was quite attractive.

And did you see how much the guy asking about the Garrisons was wigging out about being on camera? lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    An exact copy, you say? Hmm, interesting. Two of the same threads that exist in the same forum on the same front page... yet occupy entirely different dimensions. My guess is this thread is the work of a powerful sorcerer or rogue member of the Bronze Dragonflight. Have we studied the ley lines of the WoD discussion forums? Where do they converge? Perhaps on this thread?

So much studying to do... off to Dalaran!
    You win. +10 internet

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Hey, that's nice. Maybe instead they can make the portal zone us into someplace that lets us enjoy our flying mounts at max level before three months after we're done with the area they eventually let us fly in by making us do some 20+ long quest attunement process.

You know how there are certain groups on the Internet that get raged at by people claiming they put their content everywhere, despite it being irrelevant to the discussion at hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

Do you -really- not understand why flight is bad, from a design and gameplay standpoint?

Things are a lot more interesting and dangerous when you can't just fly by overhead.
    More interesting/challenging/rewarding dailies/events would be possible if flight were an extremely limited tool - or not at all a part of the game.

Go cry about the improvement of the game in one of the hundred plus other threads devoted to the topic.

I like your idea, and I'd like to elaborate a bit more using my own idea:
    What if the whole "it's a suicide mission" thing is actually a way to say, we won't be using the Red Dark Portal YET! As In, the orcs take that portal for now, but we have to find another way there, so we use Karazhan. Circle around and take the portal over from behind.

If Khadgar has a role in the next expansion, this would be likely. Nice theory.

Deleted
    We are going to enter Draenor through the Dark Portal, I think the Chronal Spire is from an early draft.

- - - Updated - - -

They even said at Blizzcon that we're going to enter Outland through some other means, like the Caverns of Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That video shows the DEVELOPMENT not the finished product. When they got to the "near finished product" they gave us this:

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...raenor_map.png

Way you can tell is if you watch the other vids they said that Frostwind began as a desert but then got turned into snow and mountains. Yours shows desert, therefore couldn't possibly be the finished product. You may be right about the middle zone it's hard to tell, maybe it'll be a Tavern in the Mists again
    you can nay say all you like. Just beause they changed the sand to snow doesn't mean most of the landmarks werent already finished. There is the spire from kara. Kara is getting redone. Nuff said
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    you can nay say all you like. Just beause they changed the sand to snow doesn't mean most of the landmarks werent already finished. There is the spire from kara. Kara is getting redone. Nuff said
    The Chronal Spire was an early concept, they already said at Blizzcon we're going through the Portal. And Kara is not getting redone. They only cleaned up some cobwebs. For whatever weird reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Do you -really- not understand why flight is bad, from a design and gameplay standpoint?

Things are a lot more interesting and dangerous when you can't just fly by overhead.
    More interesting/challenging/rewarding dailies/events would be possible if flight were an extremely limited tool - or not at all a part of the game.

Go cry about the improvement of the game in one of the hundred plus other threads devoted to the topic.
    If your definition of "interesting and dangerous" is being stuck on the ground with a bunch of people who just want to pull mobs on top of you, drop aggro, and /lol as you end up getting killed while all you're trying to do is your own thing, then yeah...that sounds like a hoot!

Cuz that's Timeless Isle. And the expansion is eight of those. If I coupld put those people on ignore and phase them out of my world experience, then I could see your point. But the problem is you can't. Flight means that even IF I encounter someone like that, I can easily just mount up and go someplace else. Also in areas that allow flying, I rarely (if ever) see people doing that sort of thing.

Waste of Time Isle may as well be renamed Trollololol Isle. That's all that goes on there. Pulling half the Kilnmasters in the area in front of Ordos as the boss gets pulled (I see that every week), pulling anything you can think of under the sun as someone's just trying to kill some mobs for their daily (that happens to me at least once every 2-3 days)...that's interesting to you? Really. Cuz I'm not interested in that. I want to enjoy the game, not be forced to deal with tools in it.

Also, the game could be designed with flight in mind. Just like it was in BC. Just like it was in Wrath. Just like it was in Cataclysm. THAT would make things more interesting and dangerous. All ground only makes is everyone a target for assholes. That's not interesting. You could loosely describe it as dangerous, but even then I'd rather the danger be presented by the game's design and not by the players being idiots.

Your point is moot. They're just lazy, and nothing anyone at Blizzard has said has actually proven to me that flight, something that I very much enjoy and have done so since the first expansion, is a detriment to the game in it's entirety. I like flying. I like my flying mounts. I'm not doing it wrong. You are.

I didn't force you to fly. You applauding a game company to force people to not fly is laughable, and we all know what it's going to lead to in the end. Just like harder heroics. Just like MoP dailies. This is "big expansion mistake 3.0". You wanna see it happen thinking it's "good for the game"? Fine. Don't be surprised when I tell you I told you so.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Chronal spire is the old entry way to Draenor, it has been cancelled, also, Draenor's starting zones are Frostfire Ridge for Horde and Shadowmoon valley for Alliance, so we're likely not going to enter through the dark portal nor the chronal spire.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post

Nope, it's not more challenging. Travelling wasn't dangerous or challenging before flight and it won't be this time around either. It's just a time wasting inconvenience for the sake of absolutely nothing. Unless they completely overhaul the overworld mob AI and drastically buff them then there will be absolutely no threat or danger or whatever buzzwords you want to use. Everyone will just be running from point A to point B and letting the mobs evade from travelling too far, just like we did on the Isle of Thunder.

There is absolutely no value gained from no flight and only time wasting inconvenience added.

As for this thread, who cares right now? Clearly Blizzard is doing this Kara 2 stuff to fuck with everyone and have some fun and whether or not it amounts to anything isn't a big deal anyway. There's going to be a way to get to Draenor, why bother coming up with these crackpot theories right now. Just chill out and wait.

Deleted
    What do you mean "all the changes to Karahazan"? Besides some strings in datamining, what has been changed in Karahazan.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be awesome if the first quest hub of WoD was a phased version of Karazhan, fighting through the Iron Horde's advance party to get to the portal they made to Draenor 2.0 in Karazhan.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    We are not going back in time, we are going to an alternate universe. Caverns of Time has absolutely nothing to do with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Chronal spire is the old entry way to Draenor, it has been cancelled, also, Draenor's starting zones are Frostfire Ridge for Horde and Shadowmoon valley for Alliance, so we're likely not going to enter through the dark portal nor the chronal spire.
    I've heard they said you'd start in Tanaan Jungle, do only a few introduction quests and you'll be sent to your faction's starting zone. Not sure if that's still correct, but I don't think you start right off in Frostfire Ridge or Shadowmoon Valley.