Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Can you help me optimize my heals and gear

Hi,

I am asking for your optinion what should I do better with my healing.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Urba/simple this is my character

and here are some logs.

worldoflogs.com/reports/ctjxarmtqnvdpj4s/

I currently dont have problems with healing, I just want to optimize my output.

Tnx for help
    Regards,
    Urba

Deleted
    Hey mate,

From what I can see on your armory you can definitely optimize your gear much more. I can see that you are in the process of clearing 10 man content at the moment, with your current ilvl and level of progress I would stick to a 12.5% haste and then mastery build. Spirit is something very personal, I can see you roll with 14,628, that is pretty much what I roll with too (15k). Increasing your mastery will make your heal more burst orientated and increase overall numbers, the 18.54% haste you have at the moment does not really pull the same load as a mastery stack will.

Using askmrrobot you can easily optimize. You can also try and mess around with spirit cap yourself, I set the static spirit value to 14,800.
    (Cant link anything, im a new user)

11.96% mastery gain but lose 561 int, that is of course a sacrifice but i am 100% sure that the almost 12% direct and HoT healing will outweigh the losses.

Best regards,

Vexate
    Sylvanas - EU

PS: The Flex version of prismatic prison can be upgraded to increase stats by an additional 1% at 2/2
    Last edited by mmocfed0a4fce1; 2013-12-05 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexate View Post
    PS: The Flex version of prismatic prison can be upgraded to increase stats by an additional 1% at 2/2
    That's not how amplify trinkets work. The percentages are as follows:

0/2: 6.20145%
    1/2: 6.43697%
    2/2: 6.68137%

-----------------

For OP:

Drop your haste to the 3043 breakpoint. You have way too much useless haste. Drop your spirit - you don't need 15k when you're 3 healing 10m. 12k is plenty for 2 healing it until you get to heroics. Don't gem intellect. Drop all these points into mastery. And why the hell do you have a strength gem?

You need to improve your harmony uptime. This should be 90%+ every single fight. A 63% average is really low.

Incarnation isn't typically used anymore - soul of the forest is better in basically every scenario.

Your innervate usage isn't horrible, but try to use your first one after the first minute of the fight so it's up again when you need it. Almost all your fights could have had an additional innervate if you used this strat.

Your iron bark usage is okay, but you should be using bark skin too. It's free person mitigation! You iron barked yourself multiple times, but never used your personal buff. Damage prevention is even better than healing.

Deleted
    Hi,

Tnx to both of you, i will fallow your guides.

As for strenght gem, I realy cant explain that, only noticed it now I probably got wrong one from AH

Regards,
    Luka

- Uptimes. Your uptimes on Lifebloom and Harmony could use some work. If you don't have it already, get WeakAuras or something to track their remaining durations. Make sure to track clearcasting procs too, as using those to cast Regrowth on your Lifebloom target helps keep both up. The better your Lifebloom uptime is, the more clearcasting procs you get, and the easier it becomes to keep Lifebloom up. Aim for >95% uptime on both on every fight.

- Cooldowns. You use some a lot, but not all of them. You never used Barkskin, didn't use Tranquility nearly as often as you could have and barely used Incarnation at all (consider switching to Soul of the Forest). On some fights you could get another use out of Innervate if you used it sooner, which could potentially allow you to reforge some spirit into throughput stats. Good use of Ironbark, Nature's Swiftness and Heart of the Wild.

- Talents. Cenarion Ward is largely useless, and you barely used it at all. Ysera's Gift will provide much more healing with no effort required (it seems you did use it on some fights?). Also consider specing for Displacer Beast. It takes some getting used to, but comes in extremely handy on a lot of fights. You can use it to teleport through stuff without taking damage, so it's useful for things like Immerseus' swirl, Norushen's beam, dark shaman elemental walls, Blackfuse lasers, etc. Moving quickly is nice, but arriving instantly is nicer (that short sprint after the blink also shouldn't be underestimated).

- Reforging. Get rid of some haste. With your gear I'd aim to be just above the 3043 haste breakpoint if possible, then stack as much mastery as possible. I'd normally recommend not gemming for spirit, but 14.6k is not an unreasonably high number so it should be fine. Just remember to get rid of some spirit if you regularly end fights with more than 20% mana. Extra mastery is more useful than extra mana if things go bad.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

14.6k is somewhat high, also it's 10 man so you have less aoe mana cds available, I roll like 12.5-13k w/ blackfuse trinket in 10man and go oom w/ 60% overheal at the end of fights though, so I'm not allowed to talk, and in my opinion, people tend to overestimate the spirit to throughput stats tradeoff as 6-10 more casts per fight is usually way better than 1%-ish more healing, but don't take so much that you're ending every fight +60%

keeping at least 1 lifebloom up in 25s is nice, in 25s from what I've seen in logs, the healing is negligible, but if you use the procs well at the 3k breakpoint it's around a 600 spirit net gain that doesn't stack each time you cast/refresh it once you include the value of the spell itself and the regrowths can be very nice

people in general need to remember that mastery isn't nearly as good as the tooltip says it is, even so, it is our best stat until you start getting too far past 10k or can't hit 13k haste yet, also you have enough gear that at this point the best choice is probably to prioritize mastery while taking socket bonuses

try to mushroom bloom more, that thing is retarded mana efficient and will make you look way better on meters due to helping with damage, also note that the base heal on it (which is usually very underestimated, especially around here) aoe caps at 6 targets (meaning that it will do the same amount of healing if it hits 6 targets or 25, just distributed differently, and if you need to you can use the rejuv overheal factor for cheesy full heals on 1-3 people in certain situations

talents - don't underestimate the strength of NV ) the cleave healing as well as the direct healing bonus, and even DoC when your raid is having trouble with a more dps'y fight like naz or spoils
    as far as 60 talents (which I can't find any note of you using in the logs), I prefer SotF on fights with constant damage or more damage about every 15-23s, treants (if you start tracking your procs) on fights where damage spikes while stacked every fight between or where you'd like the smart healing or the extra tank healing while you heal the raid (they look worse on paper, but benefit from naz and thok trinket passives to stay in the league and have lower overhealing and are crazy if you take advantage of snapshotting them with all the int trinket buffs this tier, treants also do well on stacked fights), then the fact that ToL stays near SotF in hps on paper is a true testament to it's power-housing and will let you take more thok stacks

track procs, specifically clearcasting from lifebloom and legendary meta using an add-on like either, these can also be used to track your WG and swiftmend cooldowns as well as mastery and such in some cases:
    www.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras‎
    www.curse.com/addons/wow/extracd‎ (this will just track procs to get the most out of your legendary meta gem and trinkets)
    I also recommend spellflash for stuff like making shrooms shiny when they cap and regrowth shiny when you have a clearcast proc and I'm sure you have something for keeping track of your cooldowns, if not, try omni-cc or inline auras or making weak auras have large visual effects for your cooldowns

also gratz on getting thok down, you beat healing normal mode SoO, the only healing past that is garrosh, which you have the spirit for, and blackfuse it's usually the tank's fault from people getting one-shot if the shredder goes past 4-stacks and there is no healing on paragons, it's weird like that

I guess I'll also look at your logs on fights where healing matters as far as normal:
    Protectors 3 heal
    32 clearcasting procs (meaning decent lifebloom uptime imo), however the uptime of these procs indicates that you were not using them
    0 swiftmends - BRO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?, this will help with mastery uptime
    0 tranquilities (see above)
    lots of healing touch, glyphed regrowth is better than healing touch once you factor in the living seed, so just use clearcast procs on that, pretty much the only reason for using this right now is for certain tank shit where you want to pre-cast against and the 2p
    2 blooms - try to bloom after every calamity at the very least, preferably whenever it won't be overhealing too much
    3 innervates in a 9 minute fight, good
    mastery uptime, in the toilet, but if you start paying attention to the clearcast procs and swiftmend cd, you should be fine

norushen 3heal, the heal check here is much harder in worse guilds that let the adds get more than a few ticks off, so I'll do it-
    jade spirit had a higher uptime than mastery so I at least know that it isn't completely thrown off by you and the person logging being in
    1 innervate, maybe you tossed one to someone else or used it while the logger was in idk
    can't tell much else because the fight is awful for logs, possibly 1 tranquility, but you could've gotten 2 in, and even then I'm doubtful the 1 happened

IJ 3 heal-
    mastery uptime was significantly better here, but could still be up
    1 tranquility, could've had more
    1 ToL, could've had more
    2 innervates, good

overall issues-
    -you kind of play like it's still wrath, and if it were, you'd be doing everything right, but now in cata/mop you need to utilize direct heals and clearcasting procs now and keep mastery up (within that, use swiftmend more, glyph regrowth and use it for your clearcast procs, you seem to be goode at using your 2p procs)
    -use your cooldowns, and don't be afraid to be more liberal with them, also try to think about how long a fight may take and what might happen within that time and what you may want it back up for, the same applies for your mushroom
    -taking cenarion ward talent, but not using cenarion ward
    -swiftmend, is a strong and mana efficient heal, use it
    -lifebloom uptime is ok-ish, but could be better
    -taking tree of life talent, but not using tree of life talent
    -playing a druid, but not using tranq
    -use nature's swiftness
    -use ironbark, even if you don't know what to use it against, it works fairly well if you just throw it at a tank on cd
    -symbiosis, if you can't think of something specific, throw it on a priest (leap of faith), a monk(fort brew), or a shaman (spiritwalker's grace), all get decent moves from it and give you a strong move, I prefer shaman so I am able to cast tranquility while moving and so our raid has a solar beam
    -use barkskin, shit's like, hella' op

other than that, you're pretty much fine until like, really high end heroics, especially if you follow Alltat's advice above, especially the part about haste

Deleted
    hi,

Tnx Alltat and ryklin, I will try to optimize and do my best.

Regards,
    Luka

Quote Originally Posted by bluebawls View Post
    Don't gem intellect. Drop all these points into mastery. .
    Does anyone have a source that has done the maths for this, cos I am finding conflicting answers between int and mastery. Thanks

Also incarnation is good, but you need to use it more

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Does anyone have a source that has done the maths for this, cos I am finding conflicting answers between int and mastery.
    Would you rather have ~0.4% more spellpower per gem (and a negligible amount of your lowest priority stat (crit)), or ~0.6% more effective heals on every ability per gem? You'd have to be over 50% mastery before the two even start to break even on the spellpower component of spells, at which point you'd have to calculate it on a per-spell-basis to see what % compensates for the base heal.

In general, the higher your ilvl, the better mastery gets. Int gives a flat amount added to your heal regardless of whether you're 500 ilvl or 570. Mastery is a percentage bonus which means the more gear you get, the more it boosts your abilities.

Would you rather have ~0.4% more spellpower per gem (and a negligible amount of your lowest priority stat (crit)), or ~0.6% more effective heals on every ability per gem? You'd have to be over 50% mastery before the two even start to break even on the spellpower component of spells, at which point you'd have to calculate it on a per-spell-basis to see what % compensates for the base heal.

In general, the higher your ilvl, the better mastery gets. Int gives a flat amount added to your heal regardless of whether you're 500 ilvl or 570. Mastery is a percentage bonus which means the more gear you get, the more it boosts your abilities.
    Mastery bonus is also additive, so the more mastery you have, the less valuable additional mastery is.
    However, mastery is probably the best raid healing stat to shoot for if you can't reach the 13k haste point.
    Crit isn't too bad if you are primarily focused on tank-healing but I wouldn't advise on it.

Just stick with mastery till you get more haste gear and then swap over to 13k haste point.
    The changes you have made to your character so far seem fine (Getting to 3k haste and reducing spirit)

Good luck!
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Mastery bonus is also additive, so the more mastery you have, the less valuable additional mastery is.
    This was addressed by my post. Unless you have over ~17k unbuffed mastery, plus appropriate spirit, it's not even worth considering. After that it depends on your skill usage and involves a lot of weighted averages to calculate... but you'd likely have enough secondaries to hit the 13k haste breakpoint by then. Bringing up the additive nature of mastery doesn't add to the conversation - only confuses it.

Deleted
    Hello guys can some1 check my reforge and gemming? Cuz im little confuse now and dont know now it worth lose some intellect and get some more mastery.
    I can get about 1.5% mastery losing 350 intel and 500spirit (i dont need it on that lvl on my progress) so can some1 give me some tip and say what i should do with my gear?
    Now i try keep my hb close to 3043 mabye i should go high hb?

My armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Nibba/advanced

well mastery is still better than int at your gear level, but on another note, your gear is getting high enough you should really look into 13k haste

for example, the first 480 mastery you get is about a 0.9% healing bonus (this accounts for the base 10% mastery)
    however, your mastery is so high that you have like 16.5k raid buffed, meaning at that point meaning that mastery is about a 44.7% bonus to your healing before mastery
    and the next 480 at that point is a bonus to about a 0.7% bonus to your healing (not doing math right now, I might tomorrow after my lab final) so I'd say look at your logs/recount and determine how much of your healing bloom (only the base heal on bloom, not even including the rejuv overhealing part of it), and regrowth are of it, and if they're a low enough amount, consider crit
    alternatively, you could consider how much of your healing comes from rejuv (unfortunately, usually 25%+) and go for 6.6k if you think it's worth it if you can't hit 13k
    even then you'll still be doing about the same amount of healing

as far as int, you by far outgear the point where it's low enough to really be worthwhile when you can take more mastery, crit, and haste just become more worthwhile due to sp being so high already and more of it providing a smaller total healing increase despite such a high budget

but basically our stat values kind of plateau out a bit as far as value once your mastery gets high, I've seen a couple of full heroic/heroic WF having the same issues even w/ the 13k bp, any changes you make in stats at this point will be minor as far as gearing until you can swap to 13k, best advice I can really give you is take some extra spirit if you need it, if not throw stat changes into tree calcs and see what comes out best

sort of kind of updated for 5.4
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index...ecalcs/page-10

just remember-

haste- loses value as you get more due to you getting you losing a % of your previous cast time from each haste rating before or it (or maybe it's continuously, I can't remember), has the best stat budget to % ratio by far (425+1%), increases mana costs (not really for resto, about even between more non-rejuv casts and more clearcast procs), some abilities don't scale, some abilities only scale w/ breakpoints (that's us)

mastery (resto)- assuming you always have it up is an increase to everything at fairly good stat ratio (480=1% of healing if you already exclude how much your healing is already coming from mastery), but is linear like holy priest mastery and begins to lose out n value at high levels, also the base amount of 10% does not help its value in the long run and once you get too much is about the same stat ratio as crit

crit- shitty stat ratio (600=1%), but never loses value as it increases, also a chance to make living seeds on nourish (cause we use that SOOOO often) and healing touch, also glyphed regrowth and the base heal on mushroom (kind of counts on the rejuv overheal portion)

Deleted
    ryklin
    thx for look on my gear Sad but i cant get 13k hbp without lose so much spirit and mastery on my gear, now i have 13k spirit and i feel comfortable with it propably even can drop some of spirit And i think 6.6k hbp its no worth so i just stack more mastery till i can get 13k hbp and about 12k spirit.

This was addressed by my post. Unless you have over ~17k unbuffed mastery, plus appropriate spirit, it's not even worth considering. After that it depends on your skill usage and involves a lot of weighted averages to calculate... but you'd likely have enough secondaries to hit the 13k haste breakpoint by then. Bringing up the additive nature of mastery doesn't add to the conversation - only confuses it.
    On a side note since most of the thread is a done, how did you get 17k before spell usage? Did I miss something?

At 17k unbuffed it's just over 50% of your healing from mastery

(17,000+3,000)/480=41.66666
    then add the base 10% and you have 51.6667% healing from mastery

and at that point, the next 480 mastery would be worth about 0.66% total healing increase and then a 0.81-2ish % healing increase for 600, that's well weaker than crit already at that point, especially since a lot of bloom's healing is the overheal part

Feel free to just respond to this in the main resto thread to prevent a derail or just here, I just want to know if I'm missing something dumb since I like to talk about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    On a side note since most of the thread is a done, how did you get 17k before spell usage? Did I miss something?

At 17k unbuffed it's just over 50% of your healing from mastery

(17,000+3,000)/480=41.66666
    then add the base 10% and you have 51.6667% healing from mastery

and at that point, the next 480 mastery would be worth about 0.66% total healing increase and then a 0.81-2ish % healing increase for 600, that's well weaker than crit already at that point, especially since a lot of bloom's healing is the overheal part

Feel free to just respond to this in the main resto thread to prevent a derail or just here, I just want to know if I'm missing something dumb since I like to talk about this stuff.
    0.66% for 480 is 1,375% pr 1k, 0.81% for 600 is 1.35% pr 1k so the 17k seems to be the cap

sorry to say, but your gears are terrible. but that's just my opinion, so don't take it personal. You really gotta stop rolling/taking on crit gears. from now on get only stuff that has haste in it. and replace everything you have crit with haste. and once you have that you should be able to hit the 37.52% haste break point without loosing a lot of mastery. and there you will see your name on the top of the chart doing 10% more heals than anyone else. and you do this while eating dinner, watching tv, basically facerolling.

Hello friends, I too am ready to be ripped to shreds in an attempt to increase my healing capabilities. I feel bad (not all that bad) that I'm not performing better for my guild. I haven't raided since vanilla and my friends convinced me to level a druid to heal in the raids, so I'm pretty happy with my progression as healing and re-learning the raid scene but I understand that I have a lot of more room to progress. Things are way different than vanilla

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...b/Twoot/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oi3ugln4doq2nd49/

edit: I have DoC right now but normally switch between Vigil and HoTW, I can't decide which I like better / gives better output. I was using DOC as I scumbagged LFRs.

Quote Originally Posted by zapsqq View Post
    Hello friends, I too am ready to be ripped to shreds in an attempt to increase my healing capabilities. I feel bad (not all that bad) that I'm not performing better for my guild. I haven't raided since vanilla and my friends convinced me to level a druid to heal in the raids, so I'm pretty happy with my progression as healing and re-learning the raid scene but I understand that I have a lot of more room to progress. Things are way different than vanilla

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...b/Twoot/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oi3ugln4doq2nd49/

edit: I have DoC right now but normally switch between Vigil and HoTW, I can't decide which I like better / gives better output. I was using DOC as I scumbagged LFRs.
    Druids really really don't need much spirit. You can 2 heal normals if you have a second competent healer with 10k, probably less. Try run less spirit, it will teach you to use spells wisely. It is personal preference at the end of the day, but you could have like 4k more mastery.

Reforge your haste down to 3043 (or just above it). Some examples would be, change the haste on your neck to mastery. Crit is your worst stat but it's still a useful stat, also look at your cloak, don't reforge into haste there as a general rule, to actually optimise reforges and gems it would be easier to use an online tool.

Your gloves aren't enchanted, your bracers arent chanted, your belt doesnt have a belt buckle, and the gems in your belt and chest are straight int gems whilst other red sockets aren't, why did you change your mind here? Personally I'd run a Burning primal diamond meta.

Don't take dream of cenarius. It is unfortunately really bad for any real content (perfectly fine in lfr). HoTW is the general choice, it passively buffs stats by 6%, as well as buffing healing by 25% when activated and allows you to "tank" or put out respectable dps for 45seconds if need be. The other choice (natures vigil i think) has a couple of useful places but is generally not taken as a healer.

You should really check out guides at icyveins and ej for resto druids. EJ is more in depth, but icyveins will get the job done.

Edit: was looking at balance spec before, so some of the above might not apply.
    Last edited by Willfox; 2013-12-12 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Druids really really don't need much spirit. You can 2 heal normals if you have a second competent healer with 10k, probably less. Try run less spirit, it will teach you to use spells wisely. It is personal preference at the end of the day, but you could have like 4k more mastery.

Reforge your haste down to 3043 (or just above it). Some examples would be, change the haste on your neck to mastery. Crit is your worst stat but it's still a useful stat, also look at your cloak, don't reforge into haste there as a general rule, to actually optimise reforges and gems it would be easier to use an online tool.

Your gloves aren't enchanted, your bracers arent chanted, your belt doesnt have a belt buckle, and the gems in your belt and chest are straight int gems whilst other red sockets aren't, why did you change your mind here? Personally I'd run a Burning primal diamond meta.

You should really check out guides at icyveins and ej for resto druids. EJ is more in depth, but icyveins will get the job done.
    So when as I replace my spirit I should go to mastery more mastery? I started going straight intellect because I read at icyveins that intellect is our highest weighted stat, so I figured that be my best option. That's why a lot of them are int/spirit and then it's just straight int because I felt like I was running around with too much spirit. I'd probably replace the revitalizing primal with a burning but I'm close to getting my legendary meta and I'm a cheap ass.

In regards to using an online tool, I used askmrrobot to get my current gear optimization - or close to it, just forgot to enchant a few things (gloves). How do you weight your stats with online tools as Askmrrobot?