Cheap Druid deck, immune to priest dickery, 75%+ winrate.

For the guys who complain about pay to win being unbeatable, priests being unbeatable, not earning enough gold.. etc etc..

Here is a very easy to make Druid deck, has a few rares that you can get within a couple days of starting the game, and the rest are simple basic cards. All your important stuff is 4 attack so priest removal will not work, no insanely powerful drops that will break you if they get MC'd. Very good synergy, card draw potential, burst damage potential and removal combines to give an extremely good winrate for a cheap deck.

You can ignore the Ysera, i know it contradicts the decks point but I just put it in there for an extra oomph. It can be replaced by literally any card you want, I've played 37 games with this deck so far and Ysera was played just twice and never actually won the game for me. My current tally for this deck is 31 wins 6 losses. The only decks this one has lost to so far are warlock rushdowns (which can be destroyed with a well timed Swipe) and mage chain freeze shenanigans.

Full card list:

Naturalize x1
    Wrath x2
    Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
    Fearie Dragon x2
    Kobold Geomancer x1
    Novice Engineer x2
    Youthful Brewmaster x1
    Earthen Ring Farseer x1
    Harvest Golem x2
    Shattered Sun Cleric x2
    Swipe x2
    Cult Master x2
    Keeper of the Grove x2
    Azure Drake x2
    Druid of the Claw x2
    Starfire x2
    Argent Commander x2
    Ysera x1 (can be replaced with any other useful card and not impact the decks power)
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Immune to priest dickery, meaning thoughtsteal, shadowmadness, northshire cleric, inner fire? Nah.
    Either way, I also play a Druid deck that stomps priests (so far), but "immune" to their dickery, not so much.

Naturalise is just a bad card; I'd rather BGH. Not as cheap, but care. Do not see the purpose of engineer or farseer; Golem is "okay", I guess. Golem and Engineer being early game without presence to really harm Cleric though, more helping it.

I also question "cheap" when you run that many rares and a legendary (no matter its replacability).

If I were to make changes, I'd push the deck further late-game and add nourish, innervate, starfall, bgh. Drake, Nourish and Cult Master should be the only draw you'd need.

Cleric is never a problem unless it gets buffed with a shield, in which case you just have to work around it. Inner Fire and Thoughsteal cannot be countered by any deck so I fail to see their relevance, most of the priest annoyance comes from mind control and cheap removal, which this deck pretty much laughs at.

Naturalise is an extremely good last resort emergency card and can deal with far more situations than BGH. The purpose of engineer is for some mid-late game card draw options or as an opener if needed, it is also a basic card adding to the decks ease to set up. Farseer again, cheap card, very useful and can give you some incredible card value if used correctly - I actually had two of these but replaced one with Ysera for giggles.

The rares are very easy to get within a couple days, and that timespan for a deck that does this well is more than acceptable. Keepers can be replaced by Spellbreakers temporarily if you cba to craft them. Nourish is a turn waster for this deck, Innervate is a terrible card in general, Drake doesn't synergise very well at all and is far too vulnerable to a plethora of cards, which degrades the overall value of this deck.

Every single card in this deck has potential for extremely good value, be it positive trades, free removal, or card draw. Thank you for your comments, though.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

For most part I can see your arguments but how do you get good value through naturalise? It's basically conceding an advantage to the opponent at the cost of removing an important threat. It's an emergency card not a value card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For most part I can see your arguments but how do you get good value through naturalise? It's basically conceding an advantage to the opponent at the cost of removing an important threat. It's an emergency card not a value card.
    It's mostly a win condition card or an "oh shit I can't do anything" option. Got lethal but opponent just put up a big taunt? Naturalise, GG. Combine that with it's cheapness means you can play other cards such as a starfire, kobold burst in the same turn if you want to.

As long as you play intelligently it is one of the best straight up removals in the game.

People are still worried about beating priests? They haven't really been that strong in the meta for about a month now. Very mid tier. In fact I think the proposed mind control nerf is unwarranted at this point and will only further cripple a well balanced mid level class. The meta evolved and nerfed priests by itself.

This deck seems fine but I don't think it's cheap or some miraculous priest counter (as if that's even a specific goal to go for these days). It's just a solid deck.

... so why are you using drakes if they degrade the value of the deck? What?

This is my druid deck. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...uid%20deck.png I don't think I've lost with it yet (only played 25-30~ish games though), although there's nothing budget about it; I just added golems (do not like) and removed a Starfire, and I need to fit one back.
    Nourish is a gamesaver, Innervate is what allows me to ignore the early game; Don't think I've ever played a deck with this much draw before, but I don't like draw, so there's that.

It eats Priests for lunch -- which pretty much every deck for every player does right now, apart from when they get lucky with their thoughtsteal and inner fire dickery. No one loses to mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    People are still worried about beating priests? They haven't really been that strong in the meta for about a month now. Very mid tier. In fact I think the proposed mind control nerf is unwarranted at this point and will only further cripple a well balanced mid level class. The meta evolved and nerfed priests by itself.

This deck seems fine but I don't think it's cheap or some miraculous priest counter (as if that's even a specific goal to go for these days). It's just a solid deck.
    The meta can't evolve to out-last rush decks with big cards until priests are nerfed, because the presence of priests wrecks those decks sideways
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Most trouble I have with priests is goddamn MC. Also I'm jelly of all the legendaries you people have, I've spend a ton of cash and gold alike and have yet to get one. The only one I have is freaking mekkatorque.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The meta can't evolve to out-last rush decks with big cards until priests are nerfed, because the presence of priests wrecks those decks sideways
    Really? My strategy against Priest has always been to outlast them. Seems to work. Which is why inner fire and thoughtsteal ones are the tough cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Most trouble I have with priests is goddamn MC. Also I'm jelly of all the legendaries you people have, I've spend a ton of cash and gold alike and have yet to get one. The only one I have is freaking mekkatorque.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2013.02.48.png I've probably disenchanted as many by now (d/ed 2x mukla, 2x greenskin, 2x baron geddon, 1x cairne, 1x nozdormu that I can remember) and the Cenarius is golden. :P
    I've never been in a position against a Priest where Mind control mattered. Either I'm losing and mind control changes jack, or I'm winning, and it's just a bump in the road -- if that.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2013.02.48.png I've probably disenchanted as many by now (d/ed 2x mukla, 2x greenskin, 2x baron geddon, 1x cairne, 1x nozdormu that I can remember) and the Cenarius is golden. :P
    I've never been in a position against a Priest where Mind control mattered. Either I'm losing and mind control changes jack, or I'm winning, and it's just a bump in the road -- if that.
    Rub it in tetris, rub it in >.> this sucks.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Really? My strategy against Priest has always been to outlast them. Seems to work. Which is why inner fire and thoughtsteal ones are the tough cookie.

I guess it's all down to playstyle. I find a majority of my losses are from close top deck situations rather than any steamroll, so the mind control is practically a game winning draw at that point

Edit: my decks are fairly aggressive atm, to give an impression

... so why are you using drakes if they degrade the value of the deck? What?
    Sorry I thought you were referring to Twilight Drakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    "Cheap" Ysera?
    Don't reply unless you read the whole first post, makes you look silly.

Deleted
    The deck is ~1100 dust without the legendaries so its not what I'd call cheap. Someone now "starting the game" isn't going to have anywhere near that much, and the more basics set cards you use instead the more the value of the deck decreases.

The deck is the current meta card draw+stats deck deck. Pretty solid and about as good as it gets without legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The deck is ~1100 dust without the legendaries so its not what I'd call cheap. Someone now "starting the game" isn't going to have anywhere near that much, and the more basics set cards you use instead the more the value of the deck decreases.

The deck is the current meta card draw+stats deck deck. Pretty solid and about as good as it gets without legendaries
    In my opinion it's pretty cheap for it's effectiveness compared to a lot of other decks. You shouldn't have any trouble setting up this deck (minus Ysera) within a couple days as a new player, some of the cards can be subbed out for similar ones without impacting the deck too much either if for some reason they have trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    In my opinion it's pretty cheap for it's effectiveness compared to a lot of other decks. You shouldn't have any trouble setting up this deck (minus Ysera) within a couple days as a new player, some of the cards can be subbed out for similar ones without impacting the deck too much either if for some reason they have trouble.
    It is a cheap effective deck compared to legendary decks. That's it. Its not a deck you can set up within a couple of days unless you buy packs, and you can't replace a lot of those cards with basic cards without the win rate dropping down significantly. For example the Keeper of the Grove is an awesome 4 which can silence or do 2 dmg which makes it one of the best 4s in the game. You can't replace it with a Sen'jin or whatever else is on basic cards for 4 without consequences. Likewise you can't really replace Argent Comander with Reckless Rocketer without losing value(and winrate).

The reason those "dickery priests" are so good is that you can make a really strong deck with a lot more basic cards.