Poll: WoD, Mythic 5 mans. Your stand on it.

Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Post Warlords of Draenor 5-man Mythic dungeons. Are you for or against it?

This has been discussed in several threads, and it warrants a poll I feel. The reasons for adding it is listed below, feel free to leave a comment as well.

For:
    1. Gives us a dungeon difficulty above todays heroic dungeons.
    2. Alternative end game for players of a highers skill who don't have time for raiding.
    3. Keeps 5-mans more relevant.
    4. Easy to implement as it is mostly tuning.
    5. Incentive for players of a lower difficulty level to improve.
    6. Bigger pool of players for Mythic raiding guilds to recruit from.

Against:
    1. Difficult to see how this can handle random queuing.
    2. Many players grinding LFR today might choose this option over LFR.
    3. There will be QQ and cries for nerfs if the mainstream crowd starts attempting these.

These are just some of the reasons for/against, I am sure there are hundreds of angles to look at this from.

Deleted
    With the announcement of the group finder in WoD, its even more reason to make mythic Difficultly.

Very good list and I really hope Blizzard sees this!!!!!

your mythic difficulty is the challenge mode.

Deleted
    Definitely for it, I'm currently debating whether to come back for WoD or not (I'm busy so not sure its worth my time), but something like this would be a great incentive, i don't have time to raid but a real difficult 5 man would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperkut1 View Post
    With the announcement of the group finder in WoD, its even more reason to make mythic Difficultly.

Very good list and I really hope Blizzard sees this!!!!!
    Once we have a good, solid number of voters I will post this directly on the Battle.net forums providing a link to this poll. I'm thinking 500 votes should be sufficient as a start.

Deleted
    They aren't introducing new difficulties, not for dungeons, not for raids.

Adding another difficulty is pretty pointless as it takes dev time away from more important things like raids and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    No, the CM's are something entirely different, more resembling e-sports. This is end game, non-timed PvE content for players who find heroics too easy. This is to widen the end-game, ultimately giving players more to do. It's profitable for sub numbers long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Against:
    1. Difficult to see how this can handle random queuing.
    2. Many players grinding LFR today might choose this option over LFR.
    3. There will be QQ and cries for nerfs if the mainstream crowd starts attempting these.

These are just some of the reasons for/against, I am sure there are hundreds of angles to look at this from.
    4. this exists already with challenge modes, where skill > gear (you are asking for an untimed challenge mode with "mythic" dungeons)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

We don't need more difficulties. There are already enough for every type of player as it is. What you want is exactly what Challenge Modes are, whats the difference?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    4. this exists already with challenge modes, where skill > gear (you are asking for an untimed challenge mode with "mythic" dungeons)
    At this point in time, I'd sooner make the equation that challenge mode = clever use of game mechanics. Proportionally, stuff does not hurt more or less in challenge mode, which it would on Mythic difficulty.

Deleted
    I'm indifferent. I don't even run hc scenarios because they are not queue-able.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post
    At this point in time, I'd sooner make the equation that challenge mode = clever use of game mechanics. Proportionally, stuff does not hurt more or less in challenge mode, which it would on Mythic difficulty.
    hurts more with ilvl capped, maybe they should of capped ilvl a bit lower...442 maybe.
    and made invis pots not work lol....but i see your point there(what would prevent people from doing that on mythic dungeons as well, as they do it in CM's already?)

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have challenge modes... And there really is little more they can do to make it more challenging. Or do you want Mythic to be between Heroic and Challenge? To be honest, that'd just be silly, especially if you're at the itemlevel that challenge modes scale to, there's little room for an inbetween difficulty.

Just because Blizzard renames their difficulties doesn't mean they have to implement them everywhere at all, especially with scenarios, heroic scenarios, 4 raid difficulties, challenge modes, ability to expand on proving grounds: I doubt this would suddenly give that "incentive for less-skilled players to improve", as there's plenty diversity in difficulty already. What's next, threads asking Mythic scenarios?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    We don't need more difficulties. There are already enough for every type of player as it is. What you want is exactly what Challenge Modes are, whats the difference?
    If we're talking raids, your point is valid. But we're not.

Challenge modes are not progression. They are achievements.

Deleted
    vote!!! post it on official forum

Deleted

Wrong. Challenge mod is easy. Its all about time. You need proper setup, invisible potion and zerg all instance in gear scaled to lower ilvl. That means you dont need brain. Mythic is a difficulty with more mechanics that arent in normal mode (compare normal and heroic raids nowdays).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    If we're talking raids, your point is valid. But we're not.

Challenge modes are not progression. They are achievements.
    hard to tell if something someone has done is progression, or if they got half carried through it,

mythic dungeons wouldn't be progression, same fights, hurting more, CM's add abilities, and with ilvl capped tanks hurt a lot more as well.

if i knew someone got gold rank all over the place i'd invite me to my mythic guild, but to much chances of people getting carried / half carried.

and progression? you're saying for myth 5mans to drop end game gear then?

no...just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowe View Post
    vote!!! post it on official forum
    Will do once there is enough votes 30ish votes is not so representative for a forum with thousands of concurrent users. Will post it as a suggestion once we see what the community really thinks of this. Suffice to say, if the majority doesn't want it I don't think there will be much point in suggesting it directly to Blizzard...

Deleted
    which isn't leaving so yes, op misses the point of challenge mode

Deleted
    How is challenge mode a type of progression content, it gives no gear only vanity items and gear scales with item level and on top of that its just speed runs with skipping as many groups as possible and aoeing down as many mobs as you can makes very different kind of experience, something like pvp if you ask me.