Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Irony is I am torn between doing LFR for titan rune stones (here is hoping I get the last 4!) and a shoulder upgrade. Or Hearthstone/Xcom this weekend. Tough times!
    Oh, God. I needed 2 more last night when I got home (work 70 hours a week right now) so I logged on to hopefully finish them off real quick and work on some more of the quest line...

It was a nightmare. It was almost like they KNEW I only needed two more... lol. Not going to bother you with the details, as I'm sure you've been in one of those LFR's that even make bad LFR runs look good...

But, I finally got my last one from Thunder King, left group and turned in. Then realized I had to kill thunder king again for the next quest. So, I'm like, alright... I got a little more time. Maybe I'll just go ahead and tank to get in and out. 23 average wait time as a tank (and satchel was up....). After 15 minutes I drop and req. After another 5 minutes I drop and req, and finally get an instant q. Fresh run. Fuck my life lol. I just left, gonna finish it up tonight and have my cloak by this weekend! (finally)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Where did I say in my posts that bads don't disrupt LFR? Point is though, LFR is the place to learn for them. There are a lot of players that don't understand they should use skills/spells on every gcd, need to pool their cooldowns for certain mechanics (berserk stance nazgrim), certain adds need to be prioritized, etc. That being said, some of this can be learned from running dungeons, but eh, thanks to timeless isle, people are going from world questing to ToT and SoO LFR. Point being that unless you are wiping on berserk timers or certain adds aren't dying, it's almost never the dps's fault.
    No training dummies are a place to learn. Premade groups where people are willing to pick up the slack are places to learn. Proving grounds dungeon journal that is where you learn to play. You should step into group content like LFR/BGs ready to preform.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    In all fairness lfr isn't so bad as people make it here. You get the occasional dickhead, but it's not there every time at all, and a lot of those can be shut up by addressing them directly.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the edit. I post it for you since you clearly missed it. If you keep blabbering, i find the list of how many players we had during when, because clearly you don't know that.
    Anyway, the edit in my post that was there 30 seconds after the main post:

Edit:
    On top of that wow lost a large chunk of the playerbase during Cataclysm that tried to turn more hardcore. Which blizzard have said many times over. How's that for your horrible idea of a proof?
    It turned UPwards during wotlk, when they went casual. Gnrr! Seriously *stab*.

To translate for you. During the part you hated most we got more and more users. Towards the end it began falling, a bit as it always does during the end. Cataclysm came and it went a bit up very shortly, and then people began leaving. It very much contradicts your faulty(I can say this because you're WRONG :P ) idea of how things happened.

Edit:
    Screw that. Now i got so annoyed with you that i found the graph. I was slightly wrong. It's even further from your idea than i remembered.
    Did subscriptions start to gradually return after blizzard bent over backwards nerfing content, making CC in dungeons/raids redundant, and nerfing FL and DS to the ground? No?

That pretty much dismantles that stupid ass narrative doesn't it? One patch that did slightly different PVE content caused the erosion of subscriptions in cataclysm you guys!

Thats why we need better tools to help deal with the situation. Not only do we need a better reporting/kicking feature I think having proving grounds being a requirement for future LFR content (set it to bronze for each role have it account wide, if you role select as DPS you need to pass through Bronze proving grounds and as long as your ilevel is meeting the requirement you enter LFR!)

Irony is I am torn between doing LFR for titan rune stones (here is hoping I get the last 4!) and a shoulder upgrade. Or Hearthstone/Xcom this weekend. Tough times!
    Silver. Silver is easily done for all classes. In addition, the character audit from the armory should be a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And if they are kicked the issue is over. But LFR groups don't want to kick bad players any Pvpers don't like to lik random bass because the queue pool is so small that it takes longer to refill. And because the experience sucks fewer queue, an the cycle continues. LFR has screwed itself over in this matter, with some battleground having hour+ queues.

You keep throwing aroun the world adult. Listen here. Just because I'm blunt about how much you suck doesn't mean I'm being childish. I'm not attaching triggerwarnings to every comment I make in trade chat or sugar coating everything I say. What IS childish is not being able to take criticism if I don't interweave compliments or dance around the issue.
    Being blunt isnt an issue imo. adding flame bait to it might be. If someone tells me I suck (not actually had this happen just saying) i will ignore it. If someone says you fucked up on X. I will pay attention as they pointed out something I failed on and I will ask what I did to enable said fuck up.

Also DPS are replaced in seconds on LFR. Tanks and healers do take longer. But DPS kick them all day long and their replacements flow in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    People who think they are better than others are usually jerks.
    It's pretty clear when someone is better then you if they don't die to basic mechanics in LFR.

Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if they are kicked the issue is over. But LFR groups don't want to kick bad players any Pvpers don't like to lik random bass because the queue pool is so small that it takes longer to refill. And because the experience sucks fewer queue, an the cycle continues. LFR has screwed itself over in this matter, with some battleground having hour+ queues.

You keep throwing aroun the world adult. Listen here. Just because I'm blunt about how much you suck doesn't mean I'm being childish. I'm not attaching triggerwarnings to every comment I make in trade chat or sugar coating everything I say. What IS childish is not being able to take criticism if I don't interweave compliments or dance around the issue.
    So be blunt, but be blunt like an adult. "Wow, your DPS really is shitty. You're obviously doing something wrong." Bam. Just like that. You were blunt without being a douche.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Chill guys. You are wasting your nerves on something that isn't wort it. This is an MMORPG where you are playing in a world with other people. Some of those people you'll get along with and with some you won't. Try to stick with the first kind as much as you can.

For me personally its is okay to go into LFR without being fully enchanted and gemmed because at the end, the dungeon does not require it. It was designed to allow for bad playing, suboptimal gearing and talent choice. But I think it is just disrespectful to not take your 15 minutes of time to read a guide on your spec and a basic break down of encounters in the upcoming instance. At least whisper one of your colleagues if you have no clue what's going to happen in the next fight. You are spending the next half an hour of your life with a group of people and I think they deserve that amount of respect.

We are a community with an incredibly diverse player base. As long as you are not hindering other people having fun, you should be allowed to play the game the way you want. But always keep in mind that you are interacting with real people. Don't throw away your manners just because there is a screen and a keyboard in between.

If someone is calling you names you can either initiate a vote kick or just ignore them. Don't join the down words spiral of rent. We are all part of this community. Everybody has the possibility to make it a better one by just being tolerant and respectful.

Have a great day
    Perfectly said. It's the lack of respect for your team mates that bothers me about the OP's attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being blunt isnt an issue imo. adding flame bait to it might be.
    This is precisely the point. You can be blunt without being a flaming douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Did subscriptions start to gradually return after blizzard bent over backwards nerfing content, making CC in dungeons/raids redundant, and nerfing FL and DS to the ground? No?

That pretty much dismantles that stupid ass narrative doesn't it? One patch that did slightly different PVE content caused the erosion of subscriptions in cataclysm you guys!
    Wasn't it post-nerfing that people left more? I know the 10/25M change messed up some of those who weren't good enough for 25M, and becaus it was harder pugs didn't do the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Oh, God. I needed 2 more last night when I got home (work 70 hours a week right now) so I logged on to hopefully finish them off real quick and work on some more of the quest line...

It was a nightmare. It was almost like they KNEW I only needed two more... lol. Not going to bother you with the details, as I'm sure you've been in one of those LFR's that even make bad LFR runs look good...

But, I finally got my last one from Thunder King, left group and turned in. Then realized I had to kill thunder king again for the next quest. So, I'm like, alright... I got a little more time. Maybe I'll just go ahead and tank to get in and out. 23 average wait time as a tank (and satchel was up....). After 15 minutes I drop and req. After another 5 minutes I drop and req, and finally get an instant q. Fresh run. Fuck my life lol. I just left, gonna finish it up tonight and have my cloak by this weekend! (finally)
    Thunder king has a 100% drop chance afaik. I've only done him a few times ever and its been so long I am going to have to get the old guides out and figure out what I am supposed to do on that fight! I hope I get all 4 from the 8 SoO bosses otherwise I may find my self doing the last few wings in tot for more :<

If I get all the runestones I need (or at least 3 from soo) I will get that entire chain done this weekend.

This is precisely the point. You can be blunt without being a flaming douche.
    You suck, learn to play, stop being bad are all blunt.

Kill yourself is being a douche. But most of the complaints are from people saying stop sucking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it post-nerfing that people left more? I know the 10/25M change messed up some of those who weren't good enough for 25M, and becaus it was harder pugs didn't do the raids.
    During DS, I was very busy with school and work so I wasn't able to step in until January and February. But then they announced the buff because of people failing to understand mechanics in the most one dimensional end raid ever. So I unsubbed. No PUGS wanted the challenge of doing so without the buff because there was no incentive or reward for doing so.

My anecdote supports that.

So be blunt, but be blunt like an adult. "Wow, your DPS really is shitty. You're obviously doing something wrong." Bam. Just like that. You were blunt without being a douche.
    Again you needed to add the Wow, because it gives a tone of surprise of shock, so it suggests that you thought they would be good.

Your dps is shit. That is all you need to say. No more no less. But most of those who agree with you in this thread would say I'm being elitist or toxic or whatever. You suck. Another simple one.. If you cannot do the mechanics properly you are sucking. Learn to Play, you are not prepared or this content you need easier stuff becaus you show a lack of knowledge.

Thunder king has a 100% drop chance afaik. I've only done him a few times ever and its been so long I am going to have to get the old guides out and figure out what I am supposed to do on that fight! I hope I get all 4 from the 8 SoO bosses otherwise I may find my self doing the last few wings in tot for more :<

If I get all the runestones I need (or at least 3 from soo) I will get that entire chain done this weekend.
    Yeah I got my last stone off of him. But then you have to go back and kill him for his heart after that. I plan to be done this weekend too. I'm working my first job from home tomorrow, so I'll be off my other job by 4 and the first "free" evening in a while lol.

Also: add me! Comp#1844

LOL! That is being a douche. The only way you could possible sound worse is if you added "kill yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    During DS, I was very busy with school and work so I wasn't able to step in until January and February. But then they announced the buff because of people failing to understand mechanics in the most one dimensional end raid ever. So I unsubbed. No PUGS wanted the challenge of doing so without the buff because there was no incentive or reward for doing so.

My anecdote supports that.
    Meh they did the same shit in Wrath, and people hailed ICC as so great.

Again you needed to add the Wow, because it gives a tone of surprise of shock, so it suggests that you thought they would be good.

Your dps is shit. That is all you need to say. No more no less. But most of those who agree with you in this thread would say I'm being elitist or toxic or whatever. You suck. Another simple one.. If you cannot do the mechanics properly you are sucking. Learn to Play, you are not prepared or this content you need easier stuff becaus you show a lack of knowledge.
    Saying your DPS is shit, while not the most helpful I could understand. Simply saying you suck would make me ignore you in said example as you've not given anything to indicate what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    LOL! That is being a douche. The only way you could possible sound worse is if you added "kill yourself".
    How is it being a douche? If a persons dps is below where it should be it is shitty. They have the gear to do better so they must be doing something wrong.

What would you say to the boomkin doing 44k?

- - - Updated - - -

Saying your DPS is shit, while not the most helpful I could understand. Simply saying you suck would make me ignore you in said example as you've not given anything to indicate what the problem is.
    Dying to the electrified quadrant on Lei Shen. Just standing there and dying. Is that a reason enough?

How is it being a douche? If a persons dps is below where it should be it is shitty. They have the gear to do better so they must be doing something wrong.

What would you say to the boomkin doing 44k?

- - - Updated - - -

Dying to the electrified quadrant on Lei Shen. Just standing there and dying. Is that a reason enough?
    "Excuse me, sir. Do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior Jesus Christ?"