Deleted

Balance mastery. when would you go for it!

Alright, I will try to see what people are thinking about the idea of mastery. Now before i start, Yes I ofc do know. That 10289 haste rating is pretty much needed and around 40-45% crit is just wonderful as an boomie. But ye, lets say you Already have those stats When would you go for Mastery then, and by how much? because getting more Crit isn't really going to increase your DPS that much, well ofc it could mean you get a starsurge proc you maybe wouldn't get, but lets be realistic. If you have a high crit rating around 45% and your crit rating increases by 1% . no matter if you crit or not. your critical dmg will be the same with or without higher/less crit.

so i was wondering when mastery for you guys would be important, since if you do Lunar opener on single target you pretty much have Total Eclipse running 3-4 times in row. before you lose the sight of it.

my current simulation asks me to go down in crit from 42% to 38% where i would get 300 more spell power and 5% more mastery, but i'm not sure that i would like to do this. So lets see what you guys are thinking. Yes i'm using binding and toxic trinkets.

You go mastery when you can't get more crit with your gear. There isn't a point when crit becomes worse, you will always want it. Just keep your stat priority as 10289 haste > crit > mastery > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    because getting more Crit isn't really going to increase your DPS that much, well ofc it could mean you get a starsurge proc you maybe wouldn't get, but lets be realistic. If you have a high crit rating around 45% and your crit rating increases by 1% . no matter if you crit or not. your critical dmg will be the same with or without higher/less crit.
    It's still better than haste(>10.3k) and mastery. You're falling to the misconception that because you can't really see the increase, it doesn't exist.

Being realistic involves doing the math, which shows that the average gain from crit is higher than from the other secondaries.

Deleted
    I haven't changed my stats yet. I just wanna hear opinions from others. If they keep stacking crit or not

There is buggy stuff that happens with bindings because it gives more raw mastery points than crit (since only crit damage is affected)

crit isn't just for starsurge procs, when your spells crit it gives you an extended dot duration on those dots. Also criting more is essentially the same thing as more damage because well... you crit more and do more damage. Mastery isn't as good as crit ever, but it is still a good stat so prioritizing it after you've maxed out crit is a good choice. This is something that I came up with on AMR when I was bored, but its basically the gearset that I came to with the highest amount of crit/mastery while also getting the haste breakpoint and hit breakpoint. Could be wrong because I only spent a few hours on it, but I am pretty sure that it isn't wrong. If there are any glaring errors then feel free to point them out.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...6-83d6f8817950

I could replace the totem with the garrosh trinket for more secondary stats, but for now I'm trusting other people who say that it is worse. I haven't gotten a heroic version to test with yet so thats all I can really do. Trust others.

You never want to to take mastery over crit.